shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire to Three-Stone... Ideas Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Okay guys, I need some opinions and ideas as I am overwhelmed with choices. Here is the situation. I currently wear my original RB solitaire along with a channel set half-eternity band that my husband gave to me for Christmas in honor of our 10th wedding anniversary.

I had been toying around with the idea of a separate three-stone ring, not for "past, present, future," but for the three men in my life... hubby and two sons. Until I joined PS, I never considered messing with my RB solitaire. But my how things change... LOL!

Anyway, I now think that I would like to convert my solitaire to a three stone to represent my three guys which will be worn with my band. My solitaire is a .50 carat E color, I, uh, think. It was purchased back in the early 90s by my then young and starting out hubby long before the internet and PS... so that is all I know about my diamond! It is 5mm round and white clear. My channel-set band is .50 ctw of E color as well. I know this as the band was just purchased last month.

Here is where I need some ideas and input. My .50 RB needs to remain as the center stone. DH would prefer if it would remain the center stone. And I totally understand and respect his feelings on that. Soooooooo, I need some ideas on how to best accomplish the following with this ring concept:

1. Maximize the .50 RB center stone
2. Add two side diamonds
3. Keep the setting yellow gold so the ring works with my band. I''m thinking a yellow gold shank with platinum head would accomplish this.
4. Have the setting work with my channel-set band

Is there such a thing as a halo with side stones that would work with a band? I like how a halo design can maximize size visually. But, would that work with my band? And what about this yellow gold thing? And what size should the side stones be? I have never seen a yellow gold halo....

Okay, before my brain starts snowballing out of control again... please help me out with some ideas! LOL!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Here is my current set. Please excuse the dray, scaly hands... it is a balmy 30-something degrees here in Pennsylvania!

DCP_2013.JPG

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Here is another shot of my rings...

DCP_2012.JPG

E B

Ideal_Rock
Hi Joolski!

This is essentially what a 3-stone halo would look like. The setting below is made by Ritani, but you can have a setting like this custom made to match whatever you''d need.

ritaniELthree.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty set! Congrats on the new anniversary band!

To get a "three stone" look with your existing solitaire ... ya might be able to find a yellow gold "wrap" ... I think a few Pscopers have them (including - I think Ladykenna & Wifey2B)

A "wrap" is basically a ring that slips on top of or alongside your ring with positions sidestones on either side of a solitaire.

To get a "halo" look - you''d probably have to reset your center stone in a new ring altogether ... AND ... I''m not sure how a three stone halo ring would look next to your channel set anniversary band ...

Good luck! Let us know what you choose & post PIX!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the idea that EBree posted. What is your birthstone or the stone of your husband or boys? Maybe you could incorporate it instead of the sapphires if you wanted to do a little color too. But I have seen rings like this in all diamonds and they are very pretty.

Deco is right though; I don't know how it would look with your channel set band. Would you consider wearing them on different hands?

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love that Ritani!!!

I would get that one if it were me, lol!!

MAybe do the sapph''s smaller though. I like a bigger contrast.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for the suggestions! The Ritani is gorgeous but I am concerned about how it would work with my band. The good thing is that I found a yellow gold version on the Ritani web site which makes me think it could work with a yellow gold shank and platinum halo. Would it look weird to have a haloed center stone with non-haloed side stones? On the drawing I made for myself, this works. It would mean slightly larger stones leading into the pave. Not sure how this would translate in real life. LOL!

The halo is not a requirement. I just love the look and the potential of how a halo would add something to my RB. The three stone aspect is most important to me. Cross Jewelers offers what is basically a three-stone version of my current setting. It is classic and lovely. But, I really want to consider other options that may be out there.

Here is the Cross Jewelers setting...

beaconHill.jpg

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Here is the Ritani with yellow gold shank... just imagine the halo with white diamonds instead of yellow!

Yellow Gold EL.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Joolskie, the first question that comes to mind is whether you want your new band to sit flush with the e-ring? Do you mind a gap?

I don''t know much about Ritani settings (although the ones you posted are really nice), but I would try them on with your band and see if you like the way they come together.

Some manfacturers that do flush fit stuff are Martin Flyer and Precision Set. I''m sure there are countless others too. Just a thought...

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmmm, okay guys, how about this?!?! Instead of a traditional three-stone, I can do something like this Ritani setting with TWO halos. My RB can represent my hubby/our marriage and there will be two halos... one for each of my angels?!?!?

How''s THAT for rationalization!!! LOL!!!!!!!

I actually really like this idea. And the Ritani is shown with a plain shank which could be done in yellow gold with the rest in plat. Is it possible for a halo style to be set high enough so as to put a band next to it? It doesn''t have to be flush. My solitaire does not fit totally flush with my band due to the prongs and this doesn''t bother me (you can see this in the photo above). But I would like them to fit close if that makes sense.

Ritani Two Halo.jpg

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Here is the top view...

Ritani Two Halo Top View.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results