shape
carat
color
clarity

solitaire settings for smaller stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Burrogs

Rough_Rock
I have found a stone I want to buy, a .65 8*, and am looking for a setting for it. I am a fan of the traditional Tiffany 6-prong, but am wondering if it will be too much of a setting for this size of diamond. I am looking for a solitaire setting in a little less than a size 4.

Will a 6-prong be overbearing, or will the overall size of the ring change the dimensions of the setting to bring it into proportion?

Any alternative setting suggestions are welcome. Something simple

Thanks

jkruer01

Rough_Rock
I too was originally planning to get a 6-prong tiffany but then changed my mind. I ended up getting a ring that had .17 TW diamonds on the side. The small side diamonds really complement the main diamond and make it look much larger. You will have the same problem I had though... if your girlfriend needs a size 4 ring you have to make sure the ring is very thin and small. I big ring looks really bad on a girl that has really small hands. One last suggestion if at all possible I would take your girlfriend to a couple of different jewelers and see what kind of rings she likes.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been doing alot of research on settings, and there are different size prongs you can get for your setting. Find a retailer or seller who is selling a Tiffany style 6 prong 2mm width ring (Ashford.Com sells 2mm I think), as opposed to the larger 3mm Tiffany style rings, and then try to determine the size of the prongs that will be holding the diamond. I too did not want thick prongs holding the diamond, as it does overwhelm the stone, I want people to see as much of the stone itself as possible and not big chunky platinum prongs. Our jeweler is designing our ring for us, and showed us the head he will be using, the prongs are nearly invisible, its the same head his wife's ring has had for the last 10-15 years and she swears by it.

There are so many vendors out there that sell Tiffany style rings, you should be able to find what you want. Or have it designed, if you want a super slim band, and a thin pronged head, it might not be too much more $$ than buying it made.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results