• Rose gold

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • White gold

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WF is getting ready to set my ACA 2.385 I SI1 https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3980393.htm -- eeee!! I've been going back and forth between my two solitaire settings: 14k rose gold with platinum head (6 claw prongs) or 14k white gold Tiffany style knife edge with platinum head (6 tabbed prongs).

My lovely rep said the 2.385 I color stone looks a little whiter in the white gold setting but my wedding bands are rose gold and I don't want to mix.

ROSE GOLD:
Pros:
Don't have to replate
Matches my Cartier plain wedding band and rose gold pave band
Could be a discrete upgrade since I'm not 100% comfortable with everyone knowing I upgraded my ring. I would be using my "original setting" although WF says the upgrade size is obvious
Comfortable
Rose gold felt more rare and stylish
IMG_0313.jpg

It would be nice to pair the new ring with a thin pave like this:
tiffany_metro_23.jpg
Cons:
I don't know if I'm over the warmth of rose gold for now
I color stone not as white :(
I'll know if I had put it in a white gold setting, the I color stone would look a bit whiter

WHITE GOLD
IMG_8943 2.jpg
The setting looks really similar to the classic Tiffany solitaire which I love!
WF will replate the 14k white gold
I color stone will look its whitest! :D
Will match my Cartier stainless steel tank

View attachment 693937

Cons:
Obvious that I upgraded
Had a difficult time pairing wedding bands with the knife edge when I had it
Will have to replate over time

Agh, the final decision before i get this doggone ring!

Please help me decide!

Here are pics of my old 1.6 H in the rose gold and white gold settings - both with platinum heads.

IMG_3581.jpg IMG_3137.jpg
IMG_3740.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3580.jpg
    IMG_3580.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rose

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rose gold. It looks beautiful on you and will be the discreet change you want.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
I normally don’t get drawn to rose gold, but I have to say it compliments your skin tone beautifully. As long as the head is platinum, I’d go with rose.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Original engagement ring on right, upgrade on left:
FDDE728C-F5E9-4DA6-B29F-17EB5CF1AB77.jpeg
My final upgrade and current ring:
0EA95FC7-76D4-497B-A4F3-7814CDCD6B3A.jpeg 167D2B15-1B18-4C09-93E6-4607603B62D6.jpeg
I normally don’t get drawn to rose gold, but I have to say it compliments your skin tone beautifully. As long as the head is platinum, I’d go with rose.

I too, always had a white gold ring but when I upgraded this time I went completely different as I was tired of seeing my ring everywhere. I wanted something that was different and made my heart sing. I used to hate yellow gold....guess what my ring is now? Yellow gold band with platinum head.

I think you shouldn’t care what others think and do what makes you happy. My husband was hesitant at first but now loves it.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the rose gold compliments!

I am leaning toward the rose just because it’s comfortable to wear (physically and psychologically!) and will go nicely with my collection. I just wish it faced up as white in the rose gold setting.:???:

P.S. The pic with the rose gold e-ring and pave band is not my hand.

Last edited:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rose because it looks gorgeous on you.

JT123

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm I have to say I prefer the WG.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know what your rep meant by saying the diamond faces up less white in rose gold. Assuming you have a platinum head, the diamond will look *identical* whether band is rose or white metal.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't know what your rep meant by saying the diamond faces up less white in rose gold. Assuming you have a platinum head, the diamond will look *identical* whether band is rose or white metal.
She said she feels the stone appeared whiter in the white gold setting. I understand what she means because when I reset my previous H color stone in a rose gold to white gold shank - both platinum 6 prong heads - the stone did appear to face up whiter. Perhaps it was because no warm metal reflected in the stone or the eyes did not detect any warmth in the shank but I did notice a difference.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally like white metals best with diamonds. But it's your ring, you have to love it!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I know what you mean about feeling a little uncertain about people knowing of your upgrade. I have even had to deal with people regarding my "downgrade" lol! (But I'm sure it is because they are just shaking their heads as to why I needed to make yet another change lol!)
You are just going to have to "own it" and be confident about whatever it is that you are changing. It's just none of their business! I don't understand why it is just us here on PS that "get it"!!!
Irregardless of which color metal, I think you should stay away from the knife-edge... harder to pair with other bands and also not particularly comfortable.
I know what you mean about you might want a little break from the rose gold for a bit.
I'm not sure you should be concerned about getting the white gold re-plated. It isn't like it has to be done a lot. And if you are careful about being in swimming pools and jacuzzis and the ocean and cleaning your home and showering, etc., etc. I think you will get a lot of wear out of it before you have to re-plate it.

devils_snare

Rough_Rock
Rose gold! Everyone has a white gold/plat setting. But I think it's ultimately just a personal decision :) good luck!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
She said she feels the stone appeared whiter in the white gold setting. I understand what she means because when I reset my previous H color stone in a rose gold to white gold shank - both platinum 6 prong heads - the stone did appear to face up whiter. Perhaps it was because no warm metal reflected in the stone or the eyes did not detect any warmth in the shank but I did notice a difference.

I understand what she meant, and what you are saying. I'm saying that maybe its possible to see tint when someone goes looking for it, whatever the metal.

ANyway, this isn't my point. My point is just get the color of metal you like better and don't worry about hunting for tint. I think the hold up about the rose gold is a mind clean thing, and that means your concern about "tint" is a choice you make and also one you can also unmake. I say this from long experience. These kinds of concerns are tilting at windmills!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Agh, I just love both settings so much! The rose gold is unique and romantic - with wonderful rose gold bands waiting to complement her beautifully - while the classic Tiffany is a beacon of solitaire perfection.

Maybe I’ll choose the rose gold for now and reset it in the white gold when I’m ready for a change.

I’m going to sleep on it and will go with my gut in the morning.

Thanks for your input! :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the white because the rose looks more casual on you. I like seeing the whole ring, diamond and shank, pop. With the rose, only the diamond pops while the rose blends beautifully with your skin. Ultimately it’s what you feel most at home in and other people don’t matter. But it’s interesting to see what people and prefer and why.

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Rose gold with a platinum head. I recently did a reset and paired it with a 7 stone from IDJ. Sorry for the bad photo. Hopefully, you get the idea.
EE4CC65C-2DE9-4CC6-90B2-BAB843B0BD18.jpeg

wow! i love this set. do you have a thread on this? its gorgeous.

Joey_mhaske

Rough_Rock
Rose gold with a platinum head. I recently did a reset and paired it with a 7 stone from IDJ. Sorry for the bad photo. Hopefully, you get the idea.
EE4CC65C-2DE9-4CC6-90B2-BAB843B0BD18.jpeg

Lovely!! How many pointers are those?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TweetyBird23 everything about your post says that you prefer the RG setting. I also really love the color on you even though I usually prefer a white metal for a solitaire.

@atp223 got an amazing BGD replacement/upgrade and she set her I graded stone in a PT head/YG shank setting. The results were stunning! So get what makes your heart sing and don’t worry about the possibility of seeing “more tint”.
74377F8B-10A9-49A0-AF11-6C7657B56B66.jpeg
More pics here

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@TweetyBird23 everything about your post says that you prefer the RG setting. I also really love the color on you even though I usually prefer a white metal for a solitaire.

@atp223 got an amazing BGD replacement/upgrade and she set her I graded stone in a PT head/YG shank setting. The results were stunning! So get what makes your heart sing and don’t worry about the possibility of seeing “more tint”.
74377F8B-10A9-49A0-AF11-6C7657B56B66.jpeg
More pics here
This is exactly the look I want. Perfection.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results