shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire or with a ring guard?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I''m a longtime lurker who has finally decided to post. I feel like I know you all already, and all I can say when I stumbled on this site, I felt like I had found my mothership
emotion-5.gif

My fiance and I are getting married in May 07 so we''re starting to look for wedding rings. I love the idea of diamonds on mine, so I can wear it alone, or with my e-ring. Unfortunately, all the bands with diamonds that I tried on didn''t seem to suit my solitaire, so I bought a ring guard with diamonds so it would ''match'' a channel band better. But now I think it looks like too much. Help! Do you think I should wear the solitaire on its own or with the guard? I would appreciate any advice
emsmile.gif

0693ring.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
This is the ring with the guard. Sorry, I''m really bad with the camera!

0697guard.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I like it better on its own. I think it makes the diamond pop more, but I''m a bit biased seeing as how my e-ring is a solitaire.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, Robbie. There is something sleek and sophisticated about a solitaire, and it goes with everything!
emwink.gif

Do you wear your ring with an eternity band, or a plain band?

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
see now, I like it better with the guard, but that is bc I favor Ering''s with sidestones....lol

what will the wband be?? Hey, at least you have choices being it is a ring guard.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i agree, solitaire. i think the ring guard adds too much bulk.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m not married yet, but I plan on getting a plain white gold 2mm band. I know, I''m boring
1.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
That''s neat - didn''t know a ring guard could work like that. All the same, I prefer it as a solitaire! Very pretty ring.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
I liked the idea of a plain band.. but I also like the idea of diamonds... sooo this is what I am doing!

I love it... trying to get it ordered as we speak..

I have a plain solitaire too Robbie.. I looooove it... this wedding band matches the exact shape of my engagement ring band... I get butterflies just thinking about it.

beautiful1.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I like it as a solitaire better...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 12:53:52 PM
Author: bling*diva*
~~I like it as a solitaire better...
Me too, it''s gorgeous BTW...

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Love the classic look of your ering and being someone who just went from my original ering with stones to a wide solitare setting, I am partial to the look of a solitare and a nice wedding band, I think you will find something if you keep looking. I personally think that the guard takes away from your stone but honestly, you are the one that has to wear it and be happy with it for years, so go with what you like, no one else!!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for plain solitaire as well.

I believe that some people wear ring guards as their wedding band and others add them on later w/ anniversaries, etc.

What type of wedding band do you want? prong set? shared prong? Pave? channel set?
W/ a soliaire you can really wear any type of band that looks right to you.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great with or without the ring guard. I do like it with the ring guard though.
1.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 9:41:45 AM
Author: Sophie
see now, I like it better with the guard, but that is bc I favor Ering''s with sidestones....lol

what will the wband be?? Hey, at least you have choices being it is a ring guard.
Me too, Sophie - I like it with the guard, but them I''m one of those that likes the bulk!
emteeth.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Jaders, that ring is gorgeous! The smooth finish would match a solitaire band, but it still has the sparkle of diamonds.

I live in Australia, so I don''t have many choices in wedding bands, unless we can afford to shell out lots to get it custom-made. I love all the rings on PS. I think of my life as before PS and after PS! Now I know more about diamonds, I appreciate their beauty and rarity even more!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I love pave and prong-set eternity bands, but my fingers are small (2 3/4) so it looks silly if the band is too wide. Which means I can''t have big diamonds in the band
5.gif

Thank you for all the kind words, everyone
emsmile.gif
I love my ring, even though the diamond is small by PS standards (.75). i''m hoping for a 1ct upgrade soon! We''ve only been out of college for a couple of years, so money''s still tight. But I would be happy to starve if I could have a pretty sparkly on my finger!

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Wolftress...

That wedding band is actually made by Stuller... my engagement setting is a 4 prong Stuller Solstice...

I'm going to have the diamonds burnished into the Stuller band.. in platinum... I love it... its not too chunky.. and still very feminine!

Plus I really wanted an eternity band.. but had to think twice, because 1. I am pretty rough on rings and 2. An eternity band is pretty rough on my wallet.. so I think that this is a great compromise. Mine will have 10 diamonds all the way around....

Ahhh cant wait to get it...

You should ask around.. surely someone in Australia can get their hands on a stuller band if you really like it. I think it would look beautiful with your solitaire.. although.. obviously.. I'm a little biased.

ETA: By the way.. like I said.. my wallet cant afford an eternity band, but this ring is super affordable... in my opinion.. I was shooting for $1500.. and I believe that this ring (well with 10 diamonds, the picture only shows 6) comes in under that!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results