shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire is finally complete!!

Cma04

Rough_Rock
My solitaire engagement ring is finally done!!! I am so so so so so happy that its finally mine! When my fiancé popped the question (using a fortune cookie!), he gave me a diamond set in a simple setting and told me he just couldn't find anything he was truly happy with or that he thought I would be happy with. So, we went on a hunt together...

For the diamond: When we had looked preliminarily, I decided I liked the look of antique cuts better than the newer, "ideal" machine-made cuts. He searched all over Jacksonville and found me a gorgeous .75 carat Old European cut diamond. Color: I or J Clarity: SL1 or SL2. The second to last picture I uploaded kind of shows the typical OE table.

For the setting: I knew I wanted a yellow gold solitaire, as I tend to like more classic jewelry that may one day be handed down, but I also wanted it to look unique and not the generic 4-prong you find at Kay Jewelers. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just not me. I also did not want anything with a halo or tons of pave, since we are an active couple and I knew I would lose some diamonds in a heartbeat.

I finally found the Vatché Royal Crown Solitaire setting. It has beautiful lines and it sits in the 6 prongs very gracefully. It also allows a ton of light to come in, so my diamond sparkles like crazy! I had the band shaved down a little to make the diamond really stand out against it.

My wedding band is a remake of the yellow gold Kwiat Fidelity stackable ring, as they wanted to charge $4000 for it, and my local jeweler mimicked it for about $2000!

Here are some pics finally!!! My ring size is 7, btw!

_5663.jpg

_5664.jpg

_5665.jpg

_5666.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah! It's beautiful! Congratulations! :love:

Double yeah! Another PSer in Jacksonville!!! :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful. Congratulations.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful solitaire eating and I love how it works with that band...like it was made to fit in that niche!! :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i love love love this! yellow gold makes me so happy! :appl: :love: :appl:

himni

Shiny_Rock
I love it! And it goes perfect with your band. Finding a perfect band isn't as easy sometimes. Stunning!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! Beautiful ring and love the way it goes with your gorgeous band! :love: Wear in health and happiness! :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh the Royal Crown is one of my all time favorite solitaire settings - and it looks so delicious in yellow gold! And your jeweler did an excellent job with the band. What a fantastic combo! Is the gold 14k or 18k? It is such a pretty soft color.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I love the way a diamond stands out in yellow gold; and I love the look of the six prongs. Your ring is beautiful.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful set! Very elegant and rich looking :love: Count me as another YG fan. Enjoy!

luxe

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Love the band as well – both rings compliment perfectly. Congratulations!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amazing set - I LOVE LOVE LOVE it - classic & unique al at once!!!!!!!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I'm not typically a plain solitaire gal- give me pave and sparkle! Lol- But LOVE LOVE LOVE that setting an the side profile view! Stunning

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous and I love it with the band. It makes a beautiful set! :appl:

stci

Ideal_Rock
Another success story! Congrats the ring is to die for!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your solitaire is so graceful and beautiful - and I absolutely love your wedding band (gorgeous!) - such a great wedding set and perfect on your finger!

globalmujer

Rough_Rock
Yay!
So pretty....lovely...classic! Congrats

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! It's a very classic ring. I love the infinity/Kwiat fidelity band as well, glad your jeweler was able to replicate it for you.

zcrane

Rough_Rock
It's very pretty! What jeweler did you use?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! Looks beautiful with your wedding band!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
One of my favourite settings ever! I love the yellow gold :love:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I love the old-cut diamond in yellow gold, as it enhances the slight creaminess of the near-colourless stone, in my opinion. The Royal Crown setting is one of my faves, too - and by the way, your wedding ring is to die for! I LOVE that loop design! Altogether it's a stunning and unique set. :love:

BiscuitBiscuit

Rough_Rock
Love your ring especially the yellow gold. I'm a big fan of yellow gold even through a lot of people think it's out of fashion. It looks really great with your wedding band.

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
Actually, though there was not much in the case, my jeweler says yellow gold is making a comeback. My rings are yg, and though I love diamonds in white gold, yg is really better on my skin tone. I love rose gold too!

CMA04, I love how you stayed with a solitaire, but gave it a twist and made it more unique. Beautiful - congratulations on your engagement!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results