shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire Diamond Pendant - please show me yours

Baby_bear111

Rough_Rock
I'm on the market for a solitaire pendant and would love to see yours for inspiration! I'm considering a 0.6ct diamond and wondering if that's a good size. :clap:

Q

Queenie60

img_1839_0.jpg

This is my one carat, I VS2 - double milligrain, set in platinum. From ID Jewelry. It's a great size and the double millligrain gives it the look of a larger than one carat stone.

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here is 0.6 ct( about 5.36-5.38 mm in diameter) OEC in BGD Barbara setting, on 16 inch chain. I find the size great, not too big, not too small. Perfect for everyday wear.
Hope this helps you to decide.

img_13602.jpg

_38583.jpg

porkandham

Rough_Rock
First time trying to post a picture. Mine is 1.57 ct. I wear it 24/7.

img_0513_0.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had this made by my jeweler by hand a long time ago when gold was more affordable. It's 18K gold and very solid and heavy. It has four solid mini curbs in two tone gold. The diamond is a .97 pts. from when I got engaged as a young, dumb and "in love" kid.

img_0473a.jpg

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Queenie60|1479056878|4097838 said:
img_1839_0.jpg

This is my one carat, I VS2 - double milligrain, set in platinum. From ID Jewelry. It's a great size and the double millligrain gives it the look of a larger than one carat stone.

Hi Queenie,
Love your necklace from IDJ, they are simply the best! I am thinking of having one made like yours but in rose gold. I do worry about the pendant turning. I would like for the diamond to stay face up so it shines always on my neck. Does yours stay straight up meaning does it turn over or does yours always stay on the front side and not turn?
I want to make sure mine stays face up all the time.
Thanks in advance! :D

Q

Queenie60

Madison2|1479258994|4099091 said:
img_1839_0.jpg

Hi Queenie,
Love your necklace from IDJ, they are simply the best! I am thinking of having one made like yours but in rose gold. I do worry about the pendant turning. I would like for the diamond to stay face up so it shines always on my neck. Does yours stay straight up meaning does it turn over or does yours always stay on the front side and not turn?

Mine stays forward and does not flip. It's the way he sets the "mickey mouse ears" that keeps it from flipping. I wear it every day and have not had a problem with flipping. Mine is double millgrain. Can't wait to see what you get.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
As Queenie pointed out, a milgrain edge or a halo can look really nice and (if it is a concern) could help give your 0.6 ct the appearance of a larger diamond.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Queenie60|1479262423|4099108 said:
Madison2|1479258994|4099091 said:
img_1839_0.jpg

Hi Queenie,

Mine stays forward and does not flip. It's the way he sets the "mickey mouse ears" that keeps it from flipping. I wear it every day and have not had a problem with flipping. Mine is double millgrain. Can't wait to see what you get.

Thank you so much for the information Queenie!
I will post it once its made.

Baby_bear111

Rough_Rock
Everyone's is so pretty! I'll post pics when I receive mine.

AllThingsSparkling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
img_3872_0.jpg
image1_7.jpg
collage_0.jpg

My Whiteflash Barbara bezel pendant- ACA .367
I like the size. The culet does poke but Im used to it. If you go for a larger bezel you might want something with a back of some sort.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This CVB is gorgeous!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1479054947|4097825 said:
.69 AVR
For a solitaire I am perfectly satisfied with the size. I do not want to go bigger. I have been wearing it for a year.
This looks beautiful on you.

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
I will try and get a few better photos of my pendant tomorrow. I wear it every day and get more compliments on it than any other piece of jewelry I own. The diamond in the center is around 1.15 ct. The setting makes it appear much bigger. Have fun! A gorgeous diamond pendant is a classic piece that you will enjoy for years :love:

img_13808.jpg

img_13809.jpg

img_13810.jpg

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pendants, ladies! Great thread!

Q

Queenie60

Baby Bear - it's a beautiful pendant. Enjoy wearing it. I wear mine every day!

nainai

Rough_Rock
Trade
20180606_114153.jpg

0.71 K vs1 strong blue on yellow gold bezel
Had i known it would be this white i wudve set it on white gold

nainai

Rough_Rock
Trade
Btw the red circle was due to cupping at my doc due to coughing.. not a hickey lol

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
img_1839_0.jpg

Queenie have you got any more photos of this pendant? I just saw your gorgeous CvB one in another thread so perhaps you no longer have it. I’m thinking of having something similar done and yours is the first I’ve seen with a double bezel. :love:

Q

Queenie60

@meely - I have both! IDJ made the double bezel pendant for me and it's a bit different than my CVB pendant. Somewhat of an overlap however I like each for their look - one is an mrb and the other an OEC.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Queenie60 I just found your thread! Do you find this pendant is subtle enough to pair with other necklaces if you wanted to? I would be using a smaller stone .8 and I’m trying to strike the balance between making it look big enough for my taste and still being able to layer with larger pendants or necklaces. I’m planning on a 16 inch chain so it sits quite high.

Q

Queenie60

@meely - yes, I layer with pearls and other pendants/necklaces. I would recommend you go with an 18" chain and add a jump hoop at 16" so that you have the option of both lengths. The pendant is simple and elegant and appears much larger than 1 carat due to the double bezel. Hope this helps. Q

Holls0119

Rough_Rock
.69 AVR
For a solitaire I am perfectly satisfied with the size. I do not want to go bigger. I have been wearing it for a year.

img_13578.jpg

Love this look…if you don’t mind me asking…where did you get your setting for this necklace? Also what is the length of your chain? Is it a fixed length or do you have jump rings for different lengths? Thank you!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this look…if you don’t mind me asking…where did you get your setting for this necklace? Also what is the length of your chain? Is it a fixed length or do you have jump rings for different lengths? Thank you!!

At a local brick and mortar. 16 inches. Fixed length no jump rings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results