shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire diamond necklace

Libertad

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I would like to buy a diamond solitaire pendant and I was looking for the Tiffany Elsa Peretty Diamonds by the yard design (yellow or white 18k gold with 0.17 ct round diamond in Basel), but then I realised that for the same price I can buy a bigger diamond from another seller.

My main requirements:

1. sparkle (probably Basel setting is not the best, but from other side I like the clean design it brings to the necklace.)
  2. Budget. I would like to have the best possible deal for 2000-3000 Eur. Do you think it would be possible to buy 0.75 - 1 ct stone with good/excellent cut and clarity for this price range or better to go with a smaller stone? Also what clarity and color should I consider for the stone with the good sparkle?
  3. I am based in Europe, so the seller should be here, since I do not want to pay additional VAT and taxes to ship it from US. I saw that some of you recommended 77diamonds. Is it a trusted seller? Any recent experience to buying from them?
Any additional tips and suggestions are welcome.

Thank you in advance,

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you can definitely get a beautiful stone that is larger than .17 for your budget. So if you don't care about it being a Tiffany branded piece, then certainly look at other vendors. I have no experience with 77 Diamonds, so hopefully someone who does will respond. I do know that some U.S. vendors will ship to Europe and it's worth it to compare prices even with VAT.

Libertad

Rough_Rock
I think you can definitely get a beautiful stone that is larger than .17 for your budget. So if you don't care about it being a Tiffany branded piece, then certainly look at other vendors. I have no experience with 77 Diamonds, so hopefully someone who does will respond. I do know that some U.S. vendors will ship to Europe and it's worth it to compare prices even with VAT.

Thanks for your feedback! I am checking with the whiteflash now… also it was not my preferred way to buy it, since clearance from US to EU is a pain :(

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try Blue Nile, they are based in Ireland. Go for the best cut stone you can afford. Start a thread asking for help and I’m sure you’ll get loads of nice options.

Magdalena130980

Rough_Rock
Adding my comment again, previous account was marked as trade accidentally. I didn’t know what it meant when registering :lol:

Actually I have been searching for a diamond pendant myself and I am also based in Europe.

I think that for 2000-3000 euros you can find an excellent cut 0.50-70 ct diamond, depending on colour, clarity and amount of fluorescence.

I think 77 diamonds is a bit overpriced, I was able to find the same diamonds (searching by GIA certificate number) 20-30% cheaper on other websites. Good thing about 77 diamonds is that you can ask them to match the price if you find the same diamond cheaper elsewhere.

After 2 weeks of searching, I decided to go with a Whiteflash diamond. Maybe I could have found a cheaper diamond elsewhere but as a non expert I didn’t feel confident choosing a diamond myself from other vendors by just looking at specs. My diamond is yet to arrive so I can’t comment on its performance.

I think it is a good idea to start a thread and ask for recommendations from more experienced members.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were in your shoes, I'd look at White Flash but also consider stones withing PS parameters that are not necessarily something that would fall into such strict numbers as an ACA. Both @Kim N and @DejaWiz have helped a lot of others with this. Hopefully they will help you out. And then let them know your budget in Euros assuming you will pay VAT, if looking at U.S. vendors. Do you know your color and clarity preferences? That would help a lot. I'd be happy with H/I eye clean SI1 for a pendant in white metal, and probably I/J in yellow, but you may not, so let them know.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since no one else has responded, I'll try to link a few stones. However I am NOT an expert re: MRB's as I usually only buy old cuts. But I think for me, these would work for a pendant and definitely get you the larger stone that you are asking about.

I saw these and thought that they could be nice stones. I also know nothing about how the VAT works and if you're better off having it set as a jewelry piece, or buying the stone loose and setting it in Europe. Or if VAT puts these over budget.

Libertad

Rough_Rock
If I were in your shoes, I'd look at White Flash but also consider stones withing PS parameters that are not necessarily something that would fall into such strict numbers as an ACA. Both @Kim N and @DejaWiz have helped a lot of others with this. Hopefully they will help you out. And then let them know your budget in Euros assuming you will pay VAT, if looking at U.S. vendors. Do you know your color and clarity preferences? That would help a lot. I'd be happy with H/I eye clean SI1 for a pendant in white metal, and probably I/J in yellow, but you may not, so let them know.

Hi all, thanks a lot for the recommendations! finally I decided to go with the white flash 0.5 ct A cut Above diamond with I color and VS1or SI1 clarity and 4 prong. Since I do not have experience to order jewellery from US and do not have any idea on possible taxes, I decided to start with this “not big” order

Magdalena130980

Rough_Rock
Hi all, thanks a lot for the recommendations! finally I decided to go with the white flash 0.5 ct A cut Above diamond with I color and VS1or SI1 clarity and 4 prong. Since I do not have experience to order jewellery from US and do not have any idea on possible taxes, I decided to start with this “not big” order

Please share pics and your thoughts once it arrives!

Libertad

Rough_Rock
Please share pics and your thoughts once it arrives!

Hi, sure! I have one doubt regarding fluorescence. I just picked up this stone. In some articles it says that fluorescence decrease price of the stone, in some it says that - this is a good indicator. Actually what does it affect? My stone does not have fluorescence at all 9DF4CC2C-825D-4D0D-9160-FEA583BF94D1.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results