shape
carat
color
clarity

solid colorless inclusion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
solid colorless crystal inclusion I meant to say in the title

anywho....

what would this look like? can anyone who has seen this kind of inclusion explain it to me. It has been described to me as reflecting in opposite side of the diamond as it is located. example. Diamond sitting on a tilted angled surface and the inclusion Positioned at the 12 o'clock position, reflecting in the 6 o'clock. That make sense?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are we talking a crystal? It looks like a small rough diamond within a diamond sort of...but really it just looks like a weird spot in the stone IMO.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
yes neatfreak, so this would bother you? I don''t want to have to look at a weird spot in my stone. They say it takes a good eye to spot it, and at a half arms length away you cannot see it. However, I am a little hesitant...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2009 9:04:34 PM
Author: lauralu
yes neatfreak, so this would bother you? I don''t want to have to look at a weird spot in my stone. They say it takes a good eye to spot it, and at a half arms length away you cannot see it. However, I am a little hesitant...
It wouldn''t worry me but what you think is what matters. It sounds to me from what you wrote that it might be visible at close scrutiny, I would ask them about this and if it would bug you then keep looking if it can be seen.

Indira-London

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 5:02:01 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 2/12/2009 9:04:34 PM
Author: lauralu
It wouldn''t worry me but what you think is what matters. It sounds to me from what you wrote that it might be visible at close scrutiny, I would ask them about this and if it would bug you then keep looking if it can be seen.
Ditto - that is good advice from Lorelei. If it is likely that you can pick out the inclusion on close scrutiny then it might bug you, it depends on you and your eyesight and your views. For some people even the thought of reflecting inclusion can bug them whilst with others they might view the crystal as "cool" natural phenomenon and a diamond idiosyncracy. My own view is somewhere in the middle - I would not like a diamond to have a flaw that is visible to the naked eye on close scrutiny but am quite happy if the inclusion is easily seen at x10 (e.g. a good Si1)

Erik Carlson GG

Rough_Rock
Trade
Here is an extreme close up of a diamond crystal inclusion. Included diamond crystals are better than most types of inclusions as they tend to be at lower relief than darker mineral inclusion.

Keep in mind that if the inclusion reflects both the actual inclusion AND the reflection should be taken into consideration when assinging the final clarity grade of the diamond.

diamondinc9.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Pretty crystal!

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
Erik thanks for the pic

So you are saying if the reflection as well as the actual inclusion are visiable than both would effect the clarity grade? Is that correct?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 11:11:11 AM
Author: Erik Carlson GG
Here is an extreme close up of a diamond crystal inclusion. Included diamond crystals are better than most types of inclusions as they tend to be at lower relief than darker mineral inclusion.

Very cool crystal.
1.gif

lauralu--yes, reflections can affect the clarity grade.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
The two diamonds in the running are a 1.38 and a 1.12 both are SI2. 1.12 being completely eyeclean. 1.38 being the one w/the visiable crystal at close range.

ponder ponder ponder
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results