shape
carat
color
clarity

SOLD gems

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Another completely newbie inquiry but I would really like to know: why all do of the sellers leave SOLD gems on their websites for a realllly long time after they've sold? (I am not referring to archives of sold items, category listings stated as sold, etc. Those categories could certainly serve to let a buyer know what types of gems could potentially be available.)

It seems odd to me. The SOLD gems can definitely bolster the look of inventory.... Who knows?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
faegrace|1299947569|2870183 said:
Another completely newbie inquiry but I would really like to know: why all do of the sellers leave SOLD gems on their websites for a realllly long time after they've sold? (I am not referring to archives of sold items, category listings stated as sold, etc. Those categories could certainly serve to let a buyer know what types of gems could potentially be available.)

It seems odd to me. The SOLD gems can definitely bolster the look of inventory.... Who knows?

Probably to taunt us on what we could have bought!! :devil: ;(

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I secretly agree with TL, but what I've heard some of them say is that it is an outside provider/keeper of their website, so they update their website infrequently, say like once a month. There is one particular vendor who just seems sloppy with his website, having what looks to me like too many categories and too much inventory to handle. But I would have to agree that anything after a month is probably there to bolster inventory and make us drool.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea, but in addition to the other guesses, I'll suggest that it might also be because the gemstone might be returned (if the vendor has a generous return policy), or if the vendor still has rough similar to the sold gem (or the sold gem is a cut the vendor really likes) there's the possibility one of us might be tempted to ask about having a similar gem cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results