shape
carat
color
clarity

SOLD "Big Lemony" 5.13 W to X VVS2 Light Yellow Pear.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.

My husband has given me an ultimatum, I own way too much bling and have come to realise that my first love is Old Cuts. I have owned "Big Lemony" which was formerly Amethyste's stunning pear for over a year now and it has been sitting in the US unloved and unset.

The stone is for sale without a setting (so stone only) as I had been intending to get a halo made like the very first original setting it came out of. It is glorious with a yellow cup underneath and faces like a light yellow stone visually looking like its worth 3 to 4 times the price. It is one of those rare stones down in the lower colours that does look like a fancy yellow cut.

I don't consider it flipping, my intention is to see if there is any interest for 4 days listed at $25 000 (with some flexibility) but if I have no luck on Loupetroope then the price will be going up. Again apologies for this I am not profiteering I will simply be sending the stone back to JBEG to sell and will also add the price of their commission on top of the price I paid for the stone. So in approx. 4 days time the price will be going up to around $26 000 to $26 500ish depending upon their fees.

The original link/thread with original setting and cup can be found here;

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-5-13ct-lemony-pear-fect-diamond.118596/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-5-13ct-lemony-pear-fect-diamond.118596/[/URL]

I have used JBEG pics here. Either of the later settings it was in could still possibly be available if you contacted JBEG (I have no idea). The stone is currently in New York. The GIA certificate can be viewed via Loupetroop or you can message me there and I will email you a copy.

The link to the Loupetroop listing;

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-diamond/5-dot-13-w-to-x-vvs2-light-yellow-pear-known-as-big-lemony

These were the later settings (please note again the stone is currently for sale loose);

pear_in_the_previous_setting.jpg

pear_in_another_setting.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Selling "Big Lemony" 5.13 W to X VVS2 Light Yellow Pear.

You've outted yourself :tongue:

I LOVE this stone-I take it Leon didn't have anything that sung to you? I'm sad to see this baby listed for sale-but I know if your listing it that must mean you have something else in the works :) Email me pretty lady-I'll be out visiting a weaver (loom weaving for babywearing wraps) but I'll be around tomorrow.

I'm sure this will go fast!

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Whatever happened to the original halo setting it was in? I thought it was just divine!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mikla said:
Whatever happened to the original halo setting it was in? I thought it was just divine!

I believe someone bought it and out a yellow sapphire in it.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I loved the original setting too!!! But I think it broke it was gone when I purchased it so, I purchased it loose. Selling it is killing me and yes I have now outed myself as the one who purchased it. I bought a big OEC a while ago and own some smaller items as well and the husband basically said sell the OEC or the pear..... so here it is. It's a killer stone!!! It deserves to go to a home where it will be loved and adored.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

I love this diamond! :love:

With that said, Ark many ppl on PS know how much Ammy paid for it (she posted on PS) and how much it was relisted on Jbeg from last year. I hope you have a quick sale, but this is definitely more expensive then it was 10 months ago.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SB621|1378386999|3514912 said:

With that said, Ark many ppl on PS know how much Ammy paid for it (she posted on PS) and how much it was relisted on Jbeg from last year. I hope you have a quick sale, but this is definitely more expensive then it was 10 months ago.

Actually does it matter what she originally paid for it? Which BTW wasn't 10 months ago (that is when I purchased it), to clarify, she owned it for a few years so the amount you are recalling would have been at least a few years ago. Yes she did get it for a steal from Ebay..... JBEG had it listed for $25 000 from memory check with the others I think you will find a few will remember this, and I know what I paid for it which was considerably more than Ammy paid obviously.....

As far as the price I have factored in that I will most likely send it to JBEG and they charge a commission on top of the amount I paid plus people will haggle - everything I have sold on here everyone has haggled. I sold my small OEC which I did pay well over $6000.00 for, and in the end the amount I got in my pocket was less than half that amount.

Let me know if you want to buy it I am more than happy to sell it to you or any other P/S member for the EXACT price THAT I paid for it, (I am fully expecting P/S members to haggle I haven't met one yet that didn't) I am happy for you to confirm the price I paid with Erica or Grace at the time you pay me if it makes you feel better (when we agree on a price - notice this has always been open for negotiation in both listings)..... If it goes to JBEG I am asking the EXACT price I paid for it plus their commission on top of or around that price. That being said, I am totally open at this point.

Here is the thread where people are actually saying did you see it up for sale at JBEG for $25 000;

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/did-anyone-see-that-big-lemony-is-up-for-grabs.181787/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/did-anyone-see-that-big-lemony-is-up-for-grabs.181787/[/URL]

I am the one that purchased it within hours of it being listed. I was going to wear it until I found a large OEC and then either sell it or wear it as a dress ring. I found a 5 carat OEC plus some other items. My husband has said pick one the pear or the OEC I don't need to own 2 x 5 carat + stones, so here it is again...

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

arkieb1|1378387832|3514916 said:

Actually does it matter what she originally paid for it? Which BTW wasn't 10 months ago (that is when I purchased it), to clarify, she owned it for a few years so the amount you are recalling would have been at least a few years ago. Yes she did get it for a steal from Ebay..... JBEG had it listed for $25 000 from memory check with the others I think you will find a few will remember this, and I know what I paid for it which was considerably more than Ammy paid obviously.....

As far as the price I have factored in that I will most likely send it to JBEG and they charge a commission on top of the amount I paid plus people will haggle - everything I have sold on here everyone has haggled. I sold my small OEC which I did pay well over $6000.00 for, and in the end the amount I got in my pocket was less than half that amount.

Let me know if you want to buy it I am more than happy to sell it to you or any other P/S member for the EXACT price THAT I paid for it, (I am fully expecting P/S members to haggle I haven't met one yet that didn't) I am happy for you to confirm the price I paid with Erica or Grace at the time you pay me if it makes you feel better (when we agree on a price - notice this has always been open for negotiation in both listings)..... If it goes to JBEG I am asking the EXACT price I paid for it plus their commission on top of or around that price. That being said, I am totally open at this point.

Here is the thread where people are actually saying did you see it up for sale at JBEG for $25 000;

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/did-anyone-see-that-big-lemony-is-up-for-grabs.181787/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/did-anyone-see-that-big-lemony-is-up-for-grabs.181787/[/URL]

I am the one that purchased it within hours of it being listed. I was going to wear it until I found a large OEC and then either sell it or wear it as a dress ring. I found a 5 carat OEC plus some other items. My husband has said pick one the pear or the OEC I don't need to own 2 x 5 carat + stones, so here it is again...

But according to the thread you linked the diamond was being sold with two settings at that price- so I am confused. :confused:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

*grabbyhands*

Anyone think I could convince my husband this would be a reasonable Christmas gift?

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock

distracts|1378391339|3514942 said:
*grabbyhands*

Anyone think I could convince my husband this would be a reasonable Christmas gift?

+1 - I was wondering the same thing! ;(
Beautiful, beautiful stone :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

jbkhere|1378399913|3515036 said:
distracts|1378391339|3514942 said:
*grabbyhands*

+1 - I was wondering the same thing! ;(
Beautiful, beautiful stone :love:

Where is that winning lotto ticket?! I love this stone.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

What a gorgeous pendant this would make!!!!!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

What a gorgeous pendant this would make!!!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

pinkjewel|1378391040|3514939 said:
arkieb1|1378387832|3514916 said:

But according to the thread you linked the diamond was being sold with two settings at that price- so I am confused. :confused:

YES true and I paid just under that amount. Those settings don't fit anything else so its not like they were worth a great amount. It was my choice to want the item with no settings because that was not the direction I wanted for the stone at the time.

If any of you do wish to purchase the stone email me, I am happy to tell you the exact amount ( and the fact I am happy to do so privately in an email, which I have put in this thread and the listing for it). However, I am planning to send it back to the JBEG girls next week (have told Grace about this) so it is going to be listed for what I paid + the commission. Given the way everything else I have owned has gone via sales I am expecting to get less that what I actually paid (which once again I am happy to tell any of you via email and happy for you to confirm with the JBEG girls) by the time I do pay their fees. Put it this way listing it at $26 000ish on there site I have worked out is going to get me less than what I paid for it by the time its said and done. It might even get listed on the JBEG site for around $25 000ish which I know is definitely going to get me less that what I actually paid for it after their commission.

So if you are still confused and genuinely want to buy it and want exact numbers email me. I am happy to share. I thought I would give it a day or two on here first for anyone that might be interested, if not then it will go back to them and I will get whatever I can get for it. There is no sinister plan to make a profit. I am trying to recover as close to what I paid for the item as possible.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Arkie, I'm not looking for a honker right now, but I think you're asking an eminently fair price. If you wanted to make a straight profit, it'd be easier to send it back to JBEG asking them to charge more without ever outing yourself here, for pete's sake! It's a beautiful stone - I hope you get back what you paid, and I hope somebody out there gets an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G rock for a steal!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Circe|1378422490|3515313 said:
Arkie, I'm not looking for a honker right now, but I think you're asking an eminently fair price. If you wanted to make a straight profit, it'd be easier to send it back to JBEG asking them to charge more without ever outing yourself here, for pete's sake! It's a beautiful stone - I hope you get back what you paid, and I hope somebody out there gets an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G rock for a steal!

Thanks, I could have sent it back to JBEG or another vendor asked a fortune for it and no-one apart from Vintagelover who I consider my friend & bling enabler on the other side of the world would ever have been the wiser, I decided to put it on here because I am hoping a P/S member buys it. It's an amazing rock for that price. I don't know what it is about it - I read the threads where people made comments when Ammy sold it and most of it was personal and uncalled for... anyway I am at zen with selling it (I own two other biggish stones that are just as outstanding), I am hoping to get back what I paid for it, or at least not lose too much. So if any of you know someone that wants something special it is freakin amazing!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arkieb, it's just a beautiful stone :love: and I think it's great you posted here hoping it would go to a PSer. :appl: I hope you have a quick and easy sale. I just wish I could be the one to buy this beauty... 8)

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock

Amazing! I'd snatch it if I had the cash! It's a steal at the price you are asking! Can't wait to see how the new owner will wear it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You know what Arkie? It doesn't matter what anyone paid for it in the past. You are not flipping. If you get a good deal on a stone and decide to sell a year or five later, you can ask twice as much as you paid if you want. That is not flipping. Flipping is buying with the intent of reselling at a profit as soon as possible. What matters is current market price and most people expect a discount off of that. I think you'd be wise to get a good appraisal on the stone by Neil or someone. It might be worth more than you think. It is a lovely stone but I understand your love for OEC's and old cuts!

rileyl

Rough_Rock

+1

Diamondseeker nailed it. And I totally agree about having it appraised before you sell it for the price you're considering. Although if I should happen to win the lottery tomorrow, I'll ask you to honour your original price! :naughty:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

rileyl|1378479925|3515649 said:
+1

Diamondseeker nailed it. And I totally agree about having it appraised before you sell it for the price you're considering. Although if I should happen to win the lottery tomorrow, I'll ask you to honour your original price! :naughty:

I agree w Diamondseeker - excellent comment!

And I totally second rileyl's comment - we could have a bidding war if I win our lottery tonight!!! Come on $10million!!! Mama needs a lemon pear!!! ;))

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1378479342|3515640 said:
You know what Arkie? It doesn't matter what anyone paid for it in the past. You are not flipping. If you get a good deal on a stone and decide to sell a year or five later, you can ask twice as much as you paid if you want. That is not flipping. Flipping is buying with the intent of reselling at a profit as soon as possible. What matters is current market price and most people expect a discount off of that. I think you'd be wise to get a good appraisal on the stone by Neil or someone. It might be worth more than you think. It is a lovely stone but I understand your love for OEC's and old cuts!

+1 I don't get the whole flipping deal...check the market value if you are interested in buying something second hand. If you think it's priced too high, offer a lower amount or don't buy it. Who cares? I think the price is amazing....

I hope you are able to sell it and get an awesome OEC! :)

SparkleD

Rough_Rock

Coming out of lurks on big time. I don't know how to private message but can we talk offline?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

soxfan|1378483643|3515680 said:
diamondseeker2006|1378479342|3515640 said:

+1 I don't get the whole flipping deal...check the market value if you are interested in buying something second hand. If you think it's priced too high, offer a lower amount or don't buy it. Who cares? I think the price is amazing....

I hope you are able to sell it and get an awesome OEC! :)

The "whole flipping deal" is that it is against Pricescope policy. Ella has posted several times that if it continues, we will lose Preloved.

Ella has posted what their definition of flipping is, and I agree with Diamondseeker that since the seller has owned it for quite a bit of time, it does not apply.

Again, gorgeous diamond. One of my favorites.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1378484254|3515690 said:
The "whole flipping deal" is that it is against Pricescope policy. Ella has posted several times that if it continues, we will lose Preloved.

Ella has posted what their definition of flipping is, and I agree with Diamondseeker that since the seller has owned it for quite a bit of time, it does not apply.

Right, I just meant that it's not flipping. I have been in other forums where people have bought something and it retired, or went up in value and the person sold it for more BECAUSE of the market, and were accused of flipping. I guess I worded it wrong. :oops:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

SparkleD|1378484112|3515689 said:
Coming out of lurks on big time. I don't know how to private message but can we talk offline?

We cannot private message on Pricescope. However, if you go to the first post in this thread, Arkie has a link to her listing on Loupe Troop. It is very easy to sign up and then you can send her a message from there.

SparkleD

Rough_Rock

Thanks so much for everyone's help. I sent a message an hour ago. I hope this works out!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

She is in a very different timezone, so just give her a little time to respond! It is a magnificent stone at an incredibly good price, in my opinion!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone,

I have hopefully responded to those who have messaged me, if not then please send me another message. My husband's family work in the trade. For a stone that size and colour it is currently at wholesale pricing. I know that for a fact, because I have access to the tools that allow me check. I could get more for the stone by selling it here in Australia of that I am sure (everything is more expensive here). I would love it to go to a home that loves it and adores it and O.K maybe flashes it on Pricescope occasionally as well.

Sorry if I don't respond immediately I am on another time zone as the others have pointed out. Thanks everyone for all of your help and support, I appreciate it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results