shape
carat
color
clarity

solasfera?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nick9c

Rough_Rock
I''ve seen this new solasfera cut on a few websites w/claims of better brilliance than most Ideal Hearts & Arrows...is there any truth to this? I''m looking for an engagement ring, and curious as to whether this is just another diamond w/additional facets or whether it truly is considered superior in quality to Ideal Hearts & Arrows?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok Nick, here''s my opinion, which really doesn''t amount to a hill of beans, but here goes anway:

In normal sized stones, say around a carat, there''s no (my humble opinion) benefit to a 10 cut stone. That''s what they call Solasfera''s, 10 Cuts, meaning they have more facets. This is a good example, again my opinion, of where more does not necessarily equal better. More facets on a normal sized stone, assuming it''s well cut, can provide a little more fire, but there''s something, again my opinion, more satisfying in a really well cut traditional brilliant round diamond.

There are several threads on this subject, just type in Solasfera in the search bar and read away, but I would not personally pay the premium for a Solasfera. In fact, even if a Solasfera were priced exactly as a well cut traditional stone, I would opt for the traditional stone as I don''t care for the busy look of the additional facets.

Like I said, my opinion doesn''t mean anything and maybe the experts can offer more, but that''s my opinion anyway.......

Best wishes..........

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2006 3:47:54 PM
Author: Rod
Ok Nick, here''s my opinion, which really doesn''t amount to a hill of beans, but here goes anway:

In normal sized stones, say around a carat, there''s no (my humble opinion) benefit to a 10 cut stone. That''s what they call Solasfera''s, 10 Cuts, meaning they have more facets. This is a good example, again my opinion, of where more does not necessarily equal better. More facets on a normal sized stone, assuming it''s well cut, can provide a little more fire, but there''s something, again my opinion, more satisfying in a really well cut traditional brilliant round diamond.

There are several threads on this subject, just type in Solasfera in the search bar and read away, but I would not personally pay the premium for a Solasfera. In fact, even if a Solasfera were priced exactly as a well cut traditional stone, I would opt for the traditional stone as I don''t care for the busy look of the additional facets.

Like I said, my opinion doesn''t mean anything and maybe the experts can offer more, but that''s my opinion anyway.......

Best wishes..........
Don''t be silly Rod!! I agree with you 100%. Solaferas are either your cup of tea or they aren''t. Some people love them. Me I think they are too busy, but what do I know, LOL.
3.gif

nick9c

Rough_Rock
Rod, thanks a lot for your opinion. I did a little more research on the solasfera, and while nice, it does appear they run a bit more than the traditional diamond. Since I''m looking in the 1.0 -1.5 ct range, I think I will keep my search limited to a traditional cut for now.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kaleigh........

And Nick, good luck with your diamond search. Take it slow and sure and post your options here. You''ll be amazed by the help that PS''ers genuinely offer!!

35.gif

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
There is a very comprehensive and informative section on Good Old Gold''s site about the Solasfera diamond. It should answer your questions and satisfy your curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results