shape
carat
color
clarity

Soft stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
So this is a stone I won on Ebay in a big lot of unidentified stones. It''s big, and has a beautiful color. I had always thought it had to be glass because it was included in a big lot. Well turns out today after I had discovered it in my DOG''S MOUTH
29.gif
that her teeth put a scratch in the pavillion. But that got me thinking how hard are teeth. Turns out teeth are a 5 on the mohs scale. So the stone is less than 5 and more than 3.5 because I used it to scratch an old copper penny.

Would I be safe to say it''s fluorite based on that info its color and relatively large size (16mmx16mmx9mm)?

100_3202.JPG

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
thats pretty large to be flourite w/o any banding in it. It could be, but dont know for sure w/o any more tests.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The problem is that any gemstone (irrespective of hardness) can be scratched, marked etc., if knocked, banged or in this case, eaten, just the wrong way! So unfortunately, the fact that it''s scratched isn''t indicative of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results