shape
carat
color
clarity

"Soft Gold"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone seen Soft Gold (a trademarked name) jewelry? As I was searching for gold mesh and multi-strand gold jewelry, I came across the name and tracked it down. Since I love mesh scarf necklaces and earrings, I perked up when I saw this.

Soft Gold

Deborah

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
interesting! i was hoping to see some of the pieces created using this technique, but couldn''t find any. (other than the picture accompanying the description.) still, the possibilities seem very intriguing.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the first time I hear about the tradename, but I that kind of weaved chains have been available off semifinished catalogs for a while (by Semar). The model looks very handmade and still is made by hand by designers (one by Kent Raible was posted recently on the Color forum).

The strands are relatively stiff and senzitive to rough handling. Once over stretched or flattened they are very hard to bring to original shape - perhaps this is one reason why the model is not tremendously popular although not new at all.

The look may well be worth the trouble of careful wear though.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also came across what is called "The Golden Threads Collection". There are many styles within the "collection" (and each style appears to offer earrings, bracelet, and necklace that match). This is one of the wilder ones :).

Deb

GoldenThreadsCollection.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You wouldn''t want to miss the necklace, either!

Deb

FrillyMeshNecklace.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a pair of earrings, belle.

Deb

SoftGoldEarrings.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the earrings are kinda cool! the necklace looks a little dangerous though....like something might get tangled up in it that wasn't supposed to
40.gif

do you have a link to this 'golden thread collection'
3.gif

eta: guess we were posting at the same time! the 'soft gold' earrings are nice! are there any mesh necklace pieces? (you've created a monster in me with those!!)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some more pieces of the Soft Gold.

Deb

MoreSoftGold.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.gif
i think soft gold is very apropos! those look so luxurious
3.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
So interesting! That reminds me of Victorian hair jewelry--bracelets, watch-chains, brooches, etc, woven from a loved one''s hair.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found two pairs of 22K gold earrings on the Gold Palace website that I would have loved in *yellow* gold. They do not have them in yellow gold, however. This is the pair I like more, but supposedly these are only 53mm in length (8.5mm wide). The pair I like less is 63mm in length (same width). I would prefer a longer pair in this style...a curtain made of tiny golden beads! I would *definitely* buy these in yellow 22K gold, however!

Deb :)

22KGoldPalaceearrings1.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the longer pair.

22kGoldPalaceearrings2.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While looking at 22K gold I also saw this gold mesh piece, designed by Meltem and Naci Kurtulan.

kurtulan.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guess what? SteveL is, apparently, a vendor for Aurafin, the company that makes soft gold. I happened to visit his website and noticed this. Where was Steve while we were discussing this?

Deb

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
WOW I love that mesh necklace YUM!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results