shape
carat
color
clarity

Soddering rings together -- bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

girltalk

Rough_Rock
After 9 years I finally got a wedding ring. My e-ring is a 1.23CT round set in a "Criss Cut" setting (all baguettes). The wedding ring (also by Criss Cut Christopher Designs) is all baguettes (2CT).

I am wearing them together now but wonder if I should have them welding together? This may stop the slightly annoying feeling that they are twisting and not both pointing in the same direction. It probably doesn''t help that the w-ring is a size 6 and the e-ring a size 5 1/4. The jeweler said to wear it for a while then decide if I want to size the w-ring. She also said don''t weld them together because I may choose to just wear the flatter w-ring more often (although DH would kill me if I stopped wearing my e-ring).

Any thoughts?

Also, is it improper to wear your wedding band on the right hand and e-ring on the left hand should I ever choose to do this?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
You can really wear your wedding rings however you would like. For example, I know people who are left handed that wear their wedding ring on the right hand. So, about soldering the rings together: I personally wouldn''t do it because then you can never wear the two rings separately. My grandmother had hers soldered together and she regreted it. She eventually had them separated, but the lines weren''t perfect anymore and you could kind of tell they had been connected at one point. But, it''s totally up to you. Hopefully someone whose rings are soldered together will be able to answer.

*M*

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had my first set soldered, because the jewler recommended it, and I did regret it, but never changed it. If you think/know you''ll never want to wear one of your rings alone, go for it. But if in doubt, I wouldn''t do it.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Wear it however you like, don't worry too much about traditions, etc.

I like the idea of having them apart so I have the option of just wearing the band alone.

Your ring sounds fab!! We need pics!

PearNut

Rough_Rock
My first set was sodered because of the reason you mentioned - I did not want them sliding around and not lining up. I never regretted doing it - but I also never would have worn the wedding ring alone - it really was a set.

I am now in the process of resetting my original diamond and haven''t decided if I will soder them this time - maybe not only because I want my band to be more substantial.

I agree - lets see some pictures!

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 7:07:36 PM
Author: Jelly
Wear it however you like, don''t worry too much about traditions, etc.

I like the idea of having them apart so I have the option of just wearing the band alone.

Your ring sounds fab!! We need pics!
I agree, although soldering can be reversed the rings usually dont stay the same afterwards. I would get the w band sized though that would probably help alot!

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
From your description, it sounds like you have a wider w-ring. Probably why the jeweler suggested you wear it for a while before you decide on resizing. Very often, with swelling thru-out the day/month/year, we need a bit larger size ring when the band is wider.

To solder or not to solder,........... That is the question.
9.gif

I had a set soldered together and wished I hadn''t later. As others have mentioned, there may be times when you wanna wear just the w-band. Or you want to wear just the e-ring. Or wear both, but not on the same hand.

And the previous comment about it showing if you reverse it was also the case for me as well.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I had a wider wedding band and narrower e-ring at one time. (before an upgrade) I did not have them soldered together. I really like the idea of at least occasionally being able to just wear the wedding band. What if you go work out? You could just wear the wedding band which sounds like it could take a bit more abuse (perhaps) than bumping around a bigger diamond in your e-ring. I also don''t see anything wrong with wearing the e-ring on your left hand and the wedding band on your right if that''s what you choose to do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results