shape
carat
color
clarity

So what would you wear next to a baguette setting????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beansy

Shiny_Rock
So here it is, it''s between a skinny pave setting, or a side baguette setting. My question is, what kind of w-band works with a baguette setting, or do you even need one? Does it have to be custom?

I would love everyone''s opinion here, and thank you!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 12/7/2003 9:15:48 PM Beansy wrote:

My question is, what kind of w-band works with a baguette setting, or do you even need one?
----------------

Great Q! I am a big fan of the all-arround baguette bands (those with baguettes set E-W). Did you see those huge bands with two layers of baguettes (N-S position) in which the upper layer goes on top of the joints between two baguettes in the lower layer? No idea wether those are the greatest thing to wear everyday (too big) but they surely show alot of diamond! All in all? Anything with baguettes, really...

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Beansy!

The type of wedding band worn would depend, for me, on the width of the baguette setting. I would probably go with something fairly plain and thin, though. And, not that you asked, but I am hereby casting my vote for the pave setting! I like pave, it looks very elegant to my eyes.
1.gif

Edited to add - Fire & Ice has a Vatche side baguette setting. In the pics she's posted, she's wearing what appears to be an eternity band with round stones. It looks very nice.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skinny pave! Skinny pave!

Not a fan of baguettes though some have looked nice in pictures!
rolleyes.gif

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
I have seen people go with thin baguette bands, bands with the center stone shape only, or bands with alternating center stone shape and baguettes. It just depends on what look you like and how thin your e-band is.

Just want to add my .02 since you're asking-
2.gif
If you're going with an asscher, I think pave would look better.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/7/2003 9:15:48 PM Beansy wrote:

So here it is, it's between a skinny pave setting, or a side baguette setting. My question is, what kind of w-band works with a baguette setting, or do you even need one? Does it have to be custom?

I would love everyone's opinion here, and thank you!

----------------

My opinion - wear what you want. There aren't any hard & fast rules. Baguettes are a classic. I wear mine with a Gemlok low diamond band; although, anything would go. I'd go with anything that looks the best on you. Pave is the flavor of the day if you want to be trendy.

CG, thanks for your kind words. In the pic you are refering to, that's a platinum anniversary band (Gemlok). I wear that mostly in the summer time when my fingers tend to swell more (both my anniv. ring & band are a tad loose usually). Most of the time I wear my wedding band, closest to my heart (also diamond Gemlok band in 18k yellow gold), my diamond ring, then my other Gemlok diamond band (also 18K yellow gold) - this one also an anniversary present. The outward one acts as a "guard" band to keep the e-ring in place. Hence, my opinion - wear what you want. My gold wedding ring *is* my wedding ring. And, if someone looks at my hand any their only comment is "I can't believe she mixed white & gold" then that is *their* issue.

Funny, hubby asked me to keep wearing my original wedding band. Not alot to ask considering the anniversary E-ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results