shape
carat
color
clarity

So, what does a guy give his darling who''s addicted to jewels and Pricescope?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
In addition to my peach sapphire pendant (can''t forget the sparkly), I found digital calipers and a nice pair of locking tweezers. But wait, there''s more...

tools1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Taken in my new lightbox, perfect for those macro jewelry shots. Came with tabletop tripod and 2 lights. This guy's a keeper!

Okay, I don't have nearly as much time on my hands as it seems. Just though you fellow Pricescopers would appreciate this, because none of my other friends/family would.

tools2.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What great gifts!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh! Someday I will have a light box and a table tripod! You lucky girl!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a great gift. That shows he really knows your interests. He is a keeper!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, cool gifts!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s such a cool gift!!! Top marks to SO!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
NICE! What a thoughtful and wicked cool gift!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Those are all great gifts. I especially like the digital calipers. I can''t tell you the number of times I''ve taken a piece into my jewelers to have it measured. Sometimes a ruler just doesn''t get the job done.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooo, cool gifts! I want a light box..............
3.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
a keeper indeed!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice gifts!! Digital callipers! I want those.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a thoughtful gift!!
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/1/2009 1:53:16 AM
Author: cellentani
Taken in my new lightbox, perfect for those macro jewelry shots. Came with tabletop tripod and 2 lights. This guy''s a keeper!

Okay, I don''t have nearly as much time on my hands as it seems. Just though you fellow Pricescopers would appreciate this, because none of my other friends/family would.

cell, did he find the light box at a reasonable price? I''ve found them here and there but they''ve always been ridiculously expensive.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
"So, what does a guy give his darling who''s addicted to jewels and Pricescope?"

FREE REIN!!!!!!!!!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OOh - what a cool idea!! Good for him
36.gif

oneandahalfrock

Shiny_Rock
That is soooo cool! What a sweetheart!
5.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 12:20:50 PM
Author: Upgradable
''So, what does a guy give his darling who''s addicted to jewels and Pricescope?''

FREE REIN!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL
36.gif

Exactly! I''m gonna have to show him that one, but he has spoiled me quite a bit this past year. Of course, that was 2008...

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Awww...what great gifts!! I just checked out your peach sapphire pendant and it is yum-o! It has such a nice salmon color. To answer your question, you can never go wrong with jewelry, flowers and chocolate.
2.gif

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Awesome gifts!! Especially the light box!! Have you used it yet? If not..... (major HINT, HINT) LOL. I think you should photo ALL of your jewelry for us to see!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

PS SOOO great that hubby(?) gave this to you! It shows he''s supporting you in your interests which is SOOO important! So...
36.gif
... kudos to him!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, how sweet is that?!?!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Great gifts
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish my hubby thought like you. I hope she also has a carat scale, a nice loupe, chelsea filter and the whole nine yards.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
VERY COOL!!
1.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 11:36:23 AM
Author: gemgirl

Date: 1/1/2009 1:53:16 AM
Taken in my new lightbox, perfect for those macro jewelry shots. Came with tabletop tripod and 2 lights. This guy''s a keeper!

Okay, I don''t have nearly as much time on my hands as it seems. Just though you fellow Pricescopers would appreciate this, because none of my other friends/family would.

cell, did he find the light box at a reasonable price? I''ve found them here and there but they''ve always been ridiculously expensive.
Hi gemgirl, sorry I didn''t see your post earlier. The light box came in a kit with the tripod, lights, and a case that holds everything. My husband is part Scottish (aka bargain-hunter) so after looking around, he found the best deal from: http://www.antonline.com/p_American-Recorder-Technologies--SIB-075--American-Recorder-Photo-Studio-in-a-Box-_317400.htm @ $40 plus $10 shipping. I saw someone''s post a few days ago where he showed his lightbox setup that he made from stuff found at Home Depot, but honestly, for the price, this has more of what I would use. My one note of caution is that since this kind of pop-up light box has a "floor", you have to be careful not to bump the sides or top when setting up shots. And, it''s a little tight if you need to get your head and upper torso in to look through the viewfinder. I found this out when I had the camera on the tripod aiming straight down (and the LCD screen was facing straight up). I was thinking about taking some with/without lightbox photos so people could see the difference. Anyway, hope this helps.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
What thoughtful gifts
36.gif
36.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 2:56:52 AM
I was thinking about taking some with/without lightbox photos so people could see the difference. Anyway, hope this helps.

Cellentani, did you ever get a chance to take with/without photos? I would love to see them.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hi Glitterata,

I haven''t taken any formal pics with/without the lightbox, but I''m looking for a project for the long weekend, so I''ll work on that today. Yea, a new project!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results