shape
carat
color
clarity

So what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SamFisher

Rough_Rock
FIrst of all, I have to say that this is probably the best site I have ever found for researching a product! I''m one of those guys who does a lot of homework before buying a car, a TV, etc. So when it came time to look for an ER, I found my way here. Between the info available on the main pages, and the expertise and varied opinions here in the forums, it is by far the best place to help educate yourself about rocks.

That said, I really would love to hear your opinions/thoughts on the ring I just bought for my unknowing-but-soon-to-be-fiancee. That doesn''t mean I am going to drug her and have her say yes - she just doesn''t expect it at all
26.gif

So here are the specs, and I nervously await feedback to see how well I did or didn''t do. I honestly couldn''t have done any of this without the help of pricescope and the regular posters to the boards!

Center Stone

carat 1.71
cut ideal
clarity VVS2
color G
depth 59.1%
table 59%
crown 32 degrees
pavillion 41 degrees
symmetry excellent
polish excellent
culet very small
flouro none
girdle thin to medium, faceted
measure 7.83 x 7.86 x 4.64 mm

Side Stone 1,2

carat .64, .63
cut ideal, ideal
clarity VVS1, VVS1
color G
depth 61.8%, 61.1%
table 56.3%, 55%
crown 35, 34.2 degrees
pavillion 40.6, 40.8 degrees
symmetry ideal, ideal
polish ideal, ideal
culet pointed, pointed
flouro none, none
girdle thin to slightly thick, thin to slightly thick
measure 5.53 x 5.55 x 3.42 mm, 5.56 x 5.58 x 3.40 mm

Platinum setting pic:

dm15510000rd100rd50zoom0ch.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wecome samfisher and congratulations on your upcoming engagement!
36.gif

i love that 3stone ring...such a beauty! the 1.7 is going to be stunning with .6 sides
18.gif

well done!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me echo Belle''s welcome and congratulations!!
36.gif

That combo should be stunning!! You know it''s a PS requirement that you post actual handshots and let us know how the proposal went!!

Best of luck to you!

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
I think it will be VERY nice!!!
1.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I love that setting and the proportions of the diamonds! Good luck with your proposal, not that you will need any luck with that gorgous ring!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to you! Wow - the diamonds sound FABULOUS and the ring is beautiful! You bet we will need pics and handshots after the proposal! Best of luck!
35.gif

SamFisher

Rough_Rock
I will of course post pictures when I get the ring next week... I''m hopeful that it will be as stunning in person as I want it to be.

It''s nice to read approval! When I ordered it I must have check and re-checked the specs through HCA twenty times (1.1 excellent BIC range for the center stone, 0.9 and 1 excellent TIC for the side stones)... comparison shopped the stones about 50 times... hedged back and forth about whether it was too gaudy or if I should go with something solitaire or smaller... what a nerve wracking experience. All that said, she''s worth every ounce of stress and effort!

I lurked for a long time, and was able to search the forums for most of the answers to my questions. It''s really what made this process much easier and I couldn''t have made decisions without it. Thank you all again!

SamFisher

Rough_Rock
As promised, pics are now posted! The ring arrived this AM, and I''ve posted the shots over in Show Me the Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results