shape
carat
color
clarity

So what do you all think about this cabochon ruby?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t bother with a side ruby. The center stone needs colors that accentuate it, like white diamonds or a cool colored gem. Very nice setting wax.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
im doing demantoid tiny bits on the side with my ruby in 18k yellow.
Don’t know if that counts as ‘cool’ tone but I guess to me it boils down to how the cab and ruby accents tone/color swing with each other in different environments, as well?

Who is doing the setting? Carving looks really nice!

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
im doing demantoid tiny bits on the side with my ruby in 18k yellow.
Don’t know if that counts as ‘cool’ tone but I guess to me it boils down to how the cab and ruby accents tone/color swing with each other in different environments, as well?

Who is doing the setting? Carving looks really nice!
It is by Cheyenne Weil. She’s on IG

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I'd put Ruby as the side accent bc it will get lost. I think diamond or another color that will stand out. The center Stone should be the "star", so a contrasting color would work nicely, or just diamonds.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The color of your ruby cab is very pretty, but then I always prefer reds that are on the pinker side.:) The rich color of the 22K gold will complement it nicely. The design elements of the ring appear well balanced to my eye, as well :)

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The setting is truly awesome.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is going to be gorgeous! I cannot wait to see the finished ring!!!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fabulous stone and setting! I think the 2.5mm diamonds complement the setting much more than the 2.0mm.

The one concern I have with the setting is the flower petals that stick up around the sides of the cabochon. They are almost transparent in wax, but I fear in gold they will disrupt and obstruct the side view of your beautiful cabochon. Perhaps think about reducing their height?

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The setting is truly awesome.
Thank you!
This is going to be gorgeous! I cannot wait to see the finished ring!!!
Thank you! I am looking forward to it!
Fabulous stone and setting! I think the 2.5mm diamonds complement the setting much more than the 2.0mm.

The one concern I have with the setting is the flower petals that stick up around the sides of the cabochon. They are almost transparent in wax, but I fear in gold they will disrupt and obstruct the side view of your beautiful cabochon. Perhaps think about reducing their height?
@prs thank you. I am thinking the 2.5mm diamonds too. I will check in with the designer regarding minimizing height, although from the top view the size appears to be more or less preserved, so I am not too concerned.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Any updates on this ring?

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Any updates on this ring?
Obviously not my ring but I follow this vendor on Instagram ( luuuuuuv her style and skill set) and recognized the ring.

Attachments

• 3B016C6C-D08A-4A38-AA92-D4F4D7C6FBAE.png
    3B016C6C-D08A-4A38-AA92-D4F4D7C6FBAE.png
    743 KB · Views: 44

voce

Ideal_Rock
Obviously not my ring but I follow this vendor on Instagram ( luuuuuuv her style and skill set) and recognized the ring.
:kiss2:
Thank you Hivona!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results