shape
carat
color
clarity

So....whadya get?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
What do you lovely ladies get for V-Day this year?

My FF COMPLETELY surprised me. Last year he waited until the last second and brought me home some flowers, which was nice...but I sort of wished he had put a little thought into something for me.

This year he blew me away with new diamond earrings and a matching diamond necklace!
It is very cute and dainty...perfect for casual wear also, which is the type of jewelry I tend to like. He got it from a well known chain B&M store, which I know is a big no-no for diamond rings, but I think is just perfect for little trinkets like these.

The necklace is white gold with a tiny tear drop shaped pendant that contains one round diamond in the center. I'd say it is no bigger than a quarter carat, but what do I know. (Is it normal for big chain stores not to tell you the stats of their diamonds on small jewelry like this? Cause they didn't give him any, and he didn't ask. I wish he would have because I would have liked to use the information for comparison. My mom said it was rude that I asked him in the first place. Now I'm digressing...)

The earrings are the same design, white gold....tear drop shaped drop earrings. So cute. I'm in love!!! So dainty. I would love to post some pics but I can't find our memory card!
7.gif

So anyway.....did any other ladies get anything special??

iheartcushions

Rough_Rock
Wow, Luckystar, your new jewelry sounds beautiful!

BF and I went out to eat at a very fancy restaurant last Friday for Valentine''s Day. We always celebrate the weekend before to avoid the restaurant madness. I wasn''t expecting to get anything today, but he brought home a big box of chocolates and we dug into them! I already had flowers at the house, so he''s going to wait to buy some next week!
1.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
How sweet!

My sweetie sent flowers to work today, and when I got home there was a box waiting for me...and inside it was a puzzle of Ireland and a bottle of Inis since I''m running out! It was too cute...I have the best guy ever.
30.gif

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
I got nothing!
emcry.gif
! BF had to work late unexpectedly and my son came home from school today sick with a high fever. So, we just decided to wait and go eat and exchange "gifts" this weekend. I''m not expecting much, but I hope it''s not flowers or they''ll be wilty by the time I get them!

Happy Valentine''s Day!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I woke up to a nice card, I had not even bought his yet!!! And we went to a nice dinner in our neighborhood. But no flowers this year which is odd.

I did get myself a little something or two, and am considering it my gift...a new Louis Vuitton bag, one I had not seen called the large Tulum, and a pair of Roberto Coin silk weave small yellow gold hoops. They aren''t from him, but I treated myself since he tends not to love gift giving holidays that are not my birthday or our anniversary. And I do treat myself well most of the time so I cannot really complain that he does not go out and get me anything...

cRaSh

Shiny_Rock
He handed me two unwrapped used DVDs and a kids sized looney tunes candy box. It was the WORST!!!! I was so hurt I cried all evening.
38.gif

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
Happy Belated V-Day everyone! :) I recieved 2 sets of Tiger Lilys and 24 Red roses at work... (he is quite the romantic
2.gif
) and I recieved a Gucci watch that I wanted...
4.gif

I got him season tickets to the Yankee''s for every Friday home game! (HUGE YANKEE''S FAN HE IS) I think he liked it... He is the worst gift reciever lol... very non-chalant. OY!
40.gif

Even though I knew it wasn''t going to happen, for the first time in the 4 V-Day''s we have been together, I wanted a proposal... Didn''t help that I found out 2 women here at work were engaged within the last 2 weeks. OY!!!

Always the worker-bridesmaid, never the worker-bride!
37.gif
Yes I know... I am turning into a greenie!
5.gif

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I got a Bubba Black Bear from the Boyd Bear Company, my new truck was delivered the day before and we nicknamed it, Bear
It''s an Eddie Bauer Edition Bronco, Black and Gold and my new teddy bear is black and gold! hehe

Also MY lovely neighbors from across the street called me earlier in the day, that the champange was waiting on ice...
I started laughing and said thank you, but I didn''t think it was going to happen today

Neighbors hubby ended up text messaging my b/f to tell him that the champange was ready and chilled. Well it went right over b/f head!!!
I said yeah B called me up and said the same thing, she wants us to go over and celebrate with the ring and he was like, ooohhhh, so he thought I was going to give you the ring tonight... I thought he meant that (jokingly) we could see through their windows... It''s a inside joke, she is paranoid we can see through the curtains, because she comes from NYC, and just a tad paranoid movnig into the country...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crash, I hope you''re kidding. If not, I''m so sorry! *sending a mental bouquet your way*

Yesterday I got in my car and discovered a card on my steering wheel. Then I received a dozen roses at my office. I took the train from Boston to Providence last night and T picked me up at the train station. On my seat were two more cards and some chocolate covered Oreos. I guess he couldn''t decide which card he liked best so he got all 3. We then went to dinner at this little French restaurant which was fabulous. After that he took me to the mall to get something "That I wanted but would never get myself". I''m of course thinking it''s a Coach bag or something like that. It was a build a bear. We stopped in a few months ago to get his neice a bear for her birthday and we had a really good time. He could tell I wanted one, but being an adult and all, I couldn''t justify spending that kind of money on a teddy bear. We refer to our cats as "Monkey" because they''re nuts and so I got a monkey. I dressed her in a pink Red Sox jersey and jean skirt. She has no panties on under her skirt so we named her "Lindsey Spears" and when you press her hand she says "No Binks, that''s my special place". My cat binks is like a dog, he tries to "romance" my other cat and whatever stuffed animals are in the house. We thought it would be funny to have the recording go off while he was attacking the monkey. It totally freaked him out! It was a great night:)

cRaSh

Shiny_Rock
Hudson Hawk - I WISH I were kidding. But that''s exactly what he got me.

This is the same man I''m expecting a romantic proposal from??????!! I might as well take my name off that list now.
38.gif

And thanks for the mental bouquet!! They are BEAUTIFUL!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry to hear about your night Crash-was he apologetic when you told him how hurt you were?

I got this beautiful vintage scandinavian vase-its realy cool and purple. He got me my favourite flowers too-purple tulips-he made sure that the tulips matched the vase colour too. We had a really nice dinner too which was cool.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 10:20:57 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
She has no panties on under her skirt so we named her 'Lindsey Spears'

You have no idea how hard I laughed at that!!!!

It sounds like all the boys did good this year! Crash, I understand you're upset, but hopefully he meant well! Maybe he's short on money saving up for the ring? If it makes you feel any better, one of my good friends has a boyfriend who will all of a sudden be broke or pick a fight with her when any holiday comes up. His ex said that he used to do it to her all the time,so he didn't have to get her any gifts. Thank God you aren't dating THAT tool!
29.gif

I forgot to say in my original post, that when FF surprised me with this jewelry I was sitting here on the computer. I had worked my butt off cleaning the house that day, so when he got home from work and saw he came into the computer room and kneeled down to thank me. ON ONE KNEE. He kissed my cheek and told me how happy he was. Then he asked me if I wanted my gift. I was like, "No...it's not Valentines day yet!" (It was the day before) Then he got this sad face because he really wanted to give it to me right then. My heart was racing SO HARD. I saw him put his hand on his pocket. I about fainted! So then I told him he could give me his present now............and he got up and skiddadled downstairs.
20.gif

Haha. So from my original post you know it wasn't a ring, but BOY was I nervous!!!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
My sweety came to my office with a big bright bouquet. He gets me flowers a LOT and always goes to the florist and handpicks each stem himself. To make it special for V-day, this bouquet was much bigger than usual.

Then he took me out for a fancy dinner at the place where we went on our first date. We shared a bottle of wine and got really giggly... ok, so we're ALWAYS really giggly, but we were extra giggly. And when I spilled everywhere because I'm such a horrible messy eater, and I got all embarassed, he intentionally spilled too so we would match. Haha. So CUTE! Too bad for the waiter, though.

We talked about hilarious places we could go on our honeymoon, if (when) we get married someday. We've both been just about everywhere, so we were resorting to places like South Georgia Island (Antarctica) or Libya or something. Haha.

He is the most wonderful man. I am so smitten with him.

30.gif
36.gif

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
For me, this was the worst Valentine''s Day in years.

The bad weather hit NY Tuesday night and continued for most of the day Valentine''s Day. I woke up, showered, and when I reached for my favorite sweather, I realized that the dry-cleaner had ruined it!

My boyfriend had ordered flowers weeks ago, but they were never delivered to my office due to the weather. (After being on hold with FTD for over an hour, I still don''t have them!)

We had dinner reservations, but by the time we got off work, the roads were so bad that we decided not to go. (However, we did almost get into an accident on the way home.)

I''m happy you ladies had a lot better Valentine''s Day than I did! And Crash, I''m sure he tried his best...feel better!

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Well, we only do cards for Valentine''s Day. But, we had the same problem with the weather. I stayed over at his house the night before and planned to work from there for the day because of the weather. Good thing to because they still haven''t snow plowed the road. But... I forgot his card over at my house. And, the planner that he is who usually buys the card on the way to pick me up, couldn''t leave the house... so, no cards, no flowers, no chocolates... tonight we''ll exchange cards and then I''m gonna try to convince him to go have desert at the Melting Pot - which we always say we''re gonna do, but never actually end up doing it...

Nurseynurse

Rough_Rock
My FI gave me a dozen red roses with my favorite flowers...stargazer lillies! He used the same move on me for the last five years. He hid the flowers in the trunk of the car. He called me after he got off work and told me he would need help getting up to our apartment because he "sprained" his ankle while working. I wasn't expecting any flowers this year since I know money is a little tight. So, I went downstairs to "help" him and he was doing the fakest wobbly hop...lol...I mean the first time he called me I was suspecting he has flowers in the trunk. Then, he insisted he left one of his uniform shirts (he's a UPS driver) in the trunk and told me to get it for him. This confirmed my suspicion and I smiled a little. I told him, "Honey I just did the laundry and I know all your uniforms are accounted for in your closet."
31.gif
I wanted my flowers so I opened the trunk and there goes the flowers...lol...I love him for trying...

We're going out to have a nice dinner this Saturday and I'm getting an Ipod Nano and a pair of Rock N Republic jeans as my belated Valentine's Day gift thanks to his tax refund
36.gif

I hope everybody had fun last night.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
FI and I held our engagement party last night, and FI paid the bill as my V-day present. (I''d been saving - so now I can hit ebay with a vengeance hooray!)

I also got my placeholder ring until my e-ring is finished. Its a vintage sapphire and diamond eternity ring (pics in coloured stone forum.)

It was also our 2 and a half year celebration, so triple lovely!

FI buys me flowers pretty much every 2 weeks, but not v-day, because he doesn''t like the feeling that he should because it''s v-day. So I''m just spoiled rotten and loving it!

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Well, Im a week late posting, but I got a new laptop for VDAY! I didn''t get to see my man on valentine''s day because he had to work late and i was preoccupied with a sick child, but he brought the laptop over the next night and hooked up a wireless router for me. I desperately needed a new computer since I work from home and traveling to client''s homes. I appreciate the gift, but felt it was a little pricey for valentines day. AND it''s not sparkly and doesn''t really fit on my finger.... but i''m enjoying it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results