shape
carat
color
clarity

So we bought out wedding bands last night

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Well after a lot of research and much discussion my FH and I went and met with Leigh Jay Nacht of antiqueengagementrings.com last night.
I am getting this:

Circa 1950''s Wedding Band
Handmade platinum band contains twenty round diamonds, 1.60 carats total weight, F color and VS2-SI1 clarity. Stones are prong set in graceful individual U shaped settings. Band is 3.5mm wide and only 2.3mm tall. Size 6 1/4.

And we ordered a 5mm half-step platinum band for him.
I have to give a big thanks to Leigh- he was so nice, stayed open late for us and let me try on bunches of fun rings that he had in his case. I live in NYC, so going to see him was no problem. My fiance is not comfortable making such a purchase online, and we went shopping at some B&M stores and Leigh''s price on the platinum band was unbelievable, and we are very happy with the price eternity band as well. I know that the price is lower because it''s an estate piece, but since my e-ring has a transitional brilliant cut as the center stone, they complement one another nicely. I was worried about the color differential between the stones in my e-ring and the band, but it really that noticeable as I thought it would be.
Sorry I don''t think I will have any hand shots until we are married in May- I am just so excited now about everything- I literally bounced home last night walking back from 47th Street!
35.gif

band solo PS.JPG

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
This is my e-ring, I posted it on another thread a while back- I apologize for the lousy photo. I didn''t want to be whipping my camera out last night while I had them both on- my fiance would have thought I was crazy!

engring close up PS.JPG

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!Can''t wait to see hand pics. I think they''ll go great together.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome ring!!! Can''t wait for the hand pics. I bet you''re thrilled!!!!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
That is going to look amazing, congrats on your lovely wedding band.
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
your ering and wedding band are beautiful.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s going to be a gorgeous set..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see the 2 together! I am really into the vintage styles these days...!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your wedding set is going to look fabulous!!

Can''t wait for hand pics!

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
oh that eternity band is spectacular! I love how each stone is set individually. I also love your engagement ring, I am especially partial to it''s design as it looks a great deal like a ring my mother gave me, a center OEC/ OMC (I know you said yours is a transitional cut) with three stones on each side in a cluster. They will look stunning together. I am not surprised how excited you are. Wear them in the best of health.

I wish you well,

Bridget

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Lucky girl! I bet they look spectacular together....congrats!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
They are going to look great together!

One of my favorite website to browse is Leigh''s. I love all the designs he has!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
njc, lilyinct, Rascal, FireGoddess, mrssalvo, sevensone, matatora, kaliegh, and moonriver- thanks for your kind words. I must admit if it weren''t for PS, I wouldn''t have known 1/2 of the options I had, where to go, what to look for, nor would I know anything about my the main stone in my e-ring. Finding Leigh''s website was totally through PS. I am trying to turn on all of my friends who are on the brink of getting engaged to PS and online researching- definitely the best way to get the most band and sparkle for your buck. Shopping for diamonds seems so intimidating and PS definitely levels the field.

I think that the rings look great together. The smallest side stones in my e-ring are .1''s and the tcw of the band is 1.60 w/ 20 stones=.08 each, so they almost match. I tried on some shared prong eternity rings over the weekend and not only were they $$$$, but on some of them like the 2.5 tcw, the individual stones overpowered the side stones of my e-ring or they looked a little weird.

Bridget S.- I''m now looking thru your posts for pics of the ring your mother gave you. My fiance worked with a guy who designed/built my ring around the center stone- I had never seen a ring w/ the 3 side stone clusters, ''til I scoured the web and found the A. Jaffe setting that is my avatar. Also my fiance was v. happy that the stones are set individually- the shared prongs made him a little nervous- you have to figure the ring made it through 50 years, it will have no problem going 50 more.

Oh I am still so giddy!

1.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh you sound so excited! The wedding band looks to be absolutely stunning. I am so glad you are pleased - sorry we have to wait until MAY to see the set together!

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Dynyc,

I have never posted that ring on PS. I will take it with me and take some pictures tomorrow. It is an unusual design, and one I am very fond of. The diamonds are not great and I have considered replacing them with better diamonds, but I am sentimental because my Mom gave it to me and don''t want to change it. Even if the centre stone has a glaring inclusion : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Dtnyc, I posted pictures of my ring in the Show Me Your Family Heirlooms link. I really don''t want to hijack your thread. Are you still giddy? : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i love your wedding band! it''s absolutely beautiful -- i adore how each stone is set.
emstar.gif

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Your rings are beautiful!
Congratulations on finding such a great ring. My rings are the same style as the wedding band you posted. I love the look of these old style eternity bands and I bet you can''t wait to get it on your finger!
30.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
dtnyc, your new wedding band is just stunning! I think it''ll look great with your e-ring--complimentary, but not overpowering. Let me know how you like the platinum step band for your FI. I''m strongly considering this band from Leigh for my FI as well. I live in NYC too & met w/ Leigh a few months ago & he couldn''t have been nicer. What gorgeous eye candy too!
30.gif
Was your FI able to try on the wedding bands? When I was there, Leigh didn''t have any currently in stock.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone-
He did have some men''s weddings bands in stock to try on- but not too many of them in terms of variety of sizes and styles, his space is so small, so I don''t think he keeps a tremendous inventory on hand. My FI really liked the "half" step band- it looks much nicer in person than it did on his website- the "step" or lip/outer ridge/edge or whatever you want to call it is more rounded- it looks sharp- almost unfinished/unpolished online.
The version FI tried center was platinum and the outer edges/ridge/step whatever was 18K gold- I am not a huge fan of 2 tone rings, but it was very subtle and nice . Still we ordered in all plat. FI tried on a "designer" band that was 6mm (he ordered 5MM) that was so similiar to the half step and it was $1780 and this was less than $600.
23.gif

Leigh said he gets an order of bands in about once a week and from what I gather he can turn an order around pretty quickly.
Not that I am trying to be cheap, but if you aren''t getting any bling why pay more than you have to!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2006 3:35:31 PM
Author: dtnyc
Not that I am trying to be cheap, but if you aren''t getting any bling why pay more than you have to!
Thanks for the details, dtnyc! The half-step band sounds really nice. I noticed that some of the bands didn''t look very polished online. I''m glad they look great in person. I agree with you 100% on that last one!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results