shape
carat
color
clarity

So very sad right now...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
S''s Grandma had a stroke yesterday and was taken via helicopter to the hospital. She lives alone on a farm in Minnesota but her brother doesn''t live far from her on his own farm. I guess he tried calling her yesterday but she didn''t answer so he went over and found her on the floor unresponsive. As of yesterday, they said she is paralyzed on the right side and was awake for a while but unaware of her surroundings.

My family and I had to tell S about it last night because S''s Mom called my Mom to tell her about it and she wanted us to talk to S so he wouldn''t have to hear it over the phone. I knew he would take it hard because his Grandma is like a Mother to him. He spent many summers on the farm with her and she partially raised him. When we told him I could tell he was in complete shock with tears in his eyes and he couldn''t swallow very well. Poor thing
40.gif

He is thinking about flying out to Minnesota to see her incase it gets worse and even if it doesn''t get worse, she may not be her usual self as even if she survives there could be brain damage and if she is paralyzed, not sure if she could recover or not. We will find out more today as they will do a ct scan.

She isn''t the healthiest of people with various problems including diabetes. In her mid 70''s. But it is still so hard, you know? When my Mom told me over the phone yesterday about it (after his Mom called my Mom) my heart sank and I felt so sick to my stomach, I started crying. My heart is aching for S because I know how much Grandma means to him. I can honestly feel his pain (quite literally) He wouldn''t eat last night and he just kept holding and hugging me with tears in his eyes telling me I''m so sweet to him...
39.gif

This is so terrible because I know he is thinking about his Dad too. He had a massive freak stroke and passed away back in 2003. The Grandmother is his Dad''s Mother-In-Law so there is no relation but I know its running through his head right now. The irony in all of this is that his Grandma is in the exact same room his Dad was in when he passed away......

Please, please, please send dust for my sweet love and his dear Grandmother...
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear about SO Grandma...I am sending you all lots of positive thoughts and well wishes....**dusting***

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry to hear this news DG, I will be sending out thoughts and prayers sweetheart.

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
Oh, Dreamgirl, I''m so sorry this has happened. I send lots of dust, and know that we all hope that your boyfriend''s family is able to make it through this difficult time as easily as possible.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Oh man. So, so sorry to hear this Dream.
15.gif

Sounds like you, and your family, are doing everything you can to be there for him, which is wonderful. I''m sending lots of positive thoughts, vibes, prayers, wishes your way. Please keep us updated on her condition honey.

Lots of love and ((((((HUGS)))))) to you! xoxoxo

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
My condolences on the sad news. I''ll be sure to keep her in my prayers.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry to hear about you grandma, my thoughts are with her

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Oh dreamgirl im so sorry for S and all your fam
39.gif
i hope his grandma makes a good recovery.

*DUST* *DUST *DUST* *DUST* *DUST* coming your way....

tlh

Ideal_Rock
DUST! I am sorry to hear of her ill health, and wish a swift recovery! Hugs to both you and your loved ones!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this news, Dreamgirl. Tons of dust and thoughts for your SO and his poor grandma.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Aww, so sorry to hear this news, DG. Hopefully S will be able to go out and see her and that she''ll recover as well as possible. Sending out lots of hugs and PS dust, honey.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I''m so very sorry to hear this. Take care of him. You''re in my thoughts.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I spoke with him a short while ago. She hasn''t gotten any worse, but then again she hasn''t gotten better either. We will wait to hear more...

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no
7.gif
Many many thoughts and prayers for S and his family!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Oh goodness, my heart aches for you and your SO and his grandma. I am so, so sorry about this. Every minute is a gift, and everyone should take a step back to realize that. I am praying for all of you, esp. his grandmother.

goodfun7580

Shiny_Rock
Oh Dreamgirl, I am so sorry to hear about S''s Grandma! I will be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I''m so sorry, DG!
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((DUST))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh I missed this thread. I''m so behind on everything on PS today.

I''m so sorry to hear this.

********DUST*********DUST********DUST*********

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Dreamgirl, so sorry to hear about this terrible news. Sending lots of dust to your SO''s Grandma.

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
DG *hugs* I am coming out of lurkdom - I am sorry to hear about S''s grandma. I hope everything turns out ok. Please keep us posted!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Tons of dust for you and your family Dream. You''ll be in my thoughts

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
dreamgirl - lots of dust for S''s grandma and the rest of the family

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear that I hope she recovers soon *dust*

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
DG - so sorry to hear about this. Sending lots of dust for you all for a quick recovery. *hugs*

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to give everyone an update:

He's still in Minnesota
15.gif
and his Grandma is still holding on. They moved her to CCU on Sunday I believe. Just yesterday they took her off the feeding tube (which was down her nose) and gave her a couple spoons of applesauce. Prior to that (the day before) they tried a bit of a thick apple drink and she was choking on it so they did a test yesterday to see how things were going down. I guess that went well and that's why she is now off the feeding tube.

She mostly talks like she's from another planet he says. None of it makes sense other than "No" and "What?" and "Yes." On Monday a speech therapist came in and that didn't go well. I guess she asked Grandma if S was her Grandson and she said "Yes" then the therapist asked her if (the therapist) was her Granddaughter and she said "Yes" and then she asked her if she lives in Callifornia and she said "Yes"
38.gif
(she lives in Minnesota) Then I guess she had some cards with images. One was a coffee cup and the other image was of a pencil. She asked her to point out the pencil and Grandma just grabbed for 'anything' and not the pencil. So....the therapist said she'd go back in a few days which might very well be today.

But on the other hand, yesterday apparently she did say a few other things. One thing that didn't make sense, FF was giving her a backrub and she said what he thought was something like "Stop chewing all my crackers" He said he looked at her like "WHAT?" lol. I guess his Mom told her I love you and she said it back. His brother told her he'd be back later and she said "alright" and last night S told her goodnight and she said it back. So I don't know what to think about it all. I guess as for now anyway, she's still alive and it looks like progress for recovery will be very slow. She also had a small touch of pnemonia as well. It seems to me that she's pretty miserable right now. I feel so bad for her.

So...He misses me a alot and has been spending all day every day with his Grandma at the hospital. (What a doll!) He's wearing down so he was thinking about coming home on Thursday but the airline ticket went up Monday when he was thinking about buying it. So yesterday I spoke with him and he was looking at Friday instead. I told him we better hurry and buy the ticket before they raise the price. Well...
14.gif
last night he was trying to buy the ticket and the website was giving an error message at the last step of purchasing. Something stupid about the billing address being wrong (which it wasn't) and you only get 3 shots at buying a ticket before you get 'locked out'
20.gif
So I tried with the card he was trying to use and it didn't work. I tried 6 times from different web browsers. Then I tried with my card (different billing address) and it did THE SAME THING!
29.gif
I was FUMING mad and tired because it was late. I gave him their customer service number and told him to call and see what the deal was and have them take care of it. And oh, HE'S sick with a cold
20.gif
32.gif
so he was tired and feeling sick and told me he'd call TODAY. But I told him I'll bet the price goes up....so I checked this morning and of course, the price went up for Friday's ticket
29.gif
I am so upset about that. Sorta feeling like he wont ever get to come home to me
39.gif
39.gif
lol

Anyway, that's the update. By the time he gets home, HOPEFULLY this Friday (if he can talk him into selling him the ticket for the price it was yesterday) or Saturday...my love will come back to me and I haven't seen him since March 7th...

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear this, DG! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers...

LOTS of get-well-soon ***dust***

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results