shape
carat
color
clarity

So umm a few more new gems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I have no idea how people who buy a stone and then don''t buy another until the first one is set do it. I''ve given myself up as a lost cause. :)

First up, the zircons. These are 8x6 pears from Master Cut Gems. All these pictures were taken yesterday morning before the sun hit my back deck.

kiz-blzircpear1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Facing the other way.

kiz-blzircpear2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Dana sent along 5 3.5mm round zircons as well. He thought they might be useful in my earring design. They look a *bit* lighter than the pears but I think that''s mainly because of size.

kiz-blzircgift.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And here are the pears and rounds together.

kiz-blzircpeargift.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Next up a 3.48 ct 10x8.5mm pink tourmaline (copper bearing). It''s looking rather magenta pink out here in the shade.

kiz-pktourm1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
A bit further away to give a bit of perspective.

kiz-pktourm2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
On a spare bit of cotton I had (still on the shady back deck).

kiz-pktourm3.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I wasn''t happy with how the pictures were coming out so I took it on a little walk. This is still on the back deck but over in one corner were there was a bit of sun. Still not right.

kiz-pktourm4.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I tried it inside.. this required the flash.

kiz-pktourm5.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
This is with the (sunny) front door open but my hand is out of the sunlight. Now that''s more like it.

kiz-pktourm6.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And by the front door again.

kiz-pktourm7.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Dana also sent me a few more freebies. This is a .45ct cat''s eye alexandrite. It''s pretty translucent and the eye is quite nice. I can never the redder color to appear in my pictures though.

kiz-alexgift.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Another of the alex.

kiz-alexgift2.jpg

Meher Thakker

Rough_Rock
lovely bright purple shade...

Meher

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Some carved tourmaline leaves. He also included a carved rose but for some reason it''s not in this picture.

kiz-carvedtourm1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the whole set but not a very good picture of it at all.

kiz-carvedtourm2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
This is a pair of Merelani grossular garnets. They''re a lovely pale yellow with a hint of green. I don''t think my pictures captured them very well.

kiz-garnetgift1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And another of the garnets.

kiz-garnetgift2.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Very nice stones, especially those...carved leaves (I know, I''m a freak, everybody prefers bling...)
9.gif

P. S. Round cut might also have something with washing out the color of zircons - it''s more brilliant than the pear cut and usually reflects more light so you end up with a lighter stone (but size is a factor too, of course).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet,
Nice stones, I really like that new pink tourmaline as well!!
3.gif

Wow, Dana sent you a free 1/2 carat alexandrite!!??
jitteryfooguy.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I love the zircons!! They have a beautiful sky blue color. I just made my first purchase from Dana so I''m *trying* to wait patiently.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely, that tourmaline is TDF, if it''s the one I think, I was drooling over it on Dana''s site.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! ...and free gems to boot!!! I am loving the zircons and the tourmaline!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Very nice gems, Kismet - must have been a lot of fun opening that box! Can''t wait to see your earring design.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Those are all very pretty stones! I particulary like the zircons and the tourmaline leaves.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
What a great package of gems, Kismet! I love the pink tourmaline; the way the color splits into red and lavender is so cool. Also love the tourmaline carvings, the blue zircon pears, and the cat's eye alex. Awesome.

Looking forward to your zircon earring design.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
try taking pics with a incandecent biulb-like a 25-40 wt bulb-cheap from almost any store-u should a slight reddish color w/the catseye-enjoy...

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
sorry 4 the misspell-this is 4 ur alex catseye-use a 25-40wt light bulb-dont use a flourescent bulb- use an incandecent bulb-again...looks like a nice stone...

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my word they are all so beautiful! I''m so jealous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results