shape
carat
color
clarity

So this happened and now I can’t wear bling for two? months....

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9F40F778-F155-440C-B45F-02E446F356A3.jpeg
I’ve got my furry friends keeping me company! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
I wonder if they can put away the Xmas tree.....

Sending lots of healing dust to you and hop8ng surgery isn’t needed. I’m sorry you are going thru this but am glad you have three little buddies keeping you company. The picture you posted could not be more adorable!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
805025A9-C2C6-437E-AC42-C38012057D29.jpeg
A little update. I ended up needing surgery so couldn’t bling out my cast....
A week before the surgery the orthopaedic surgeon tried to “manipulate, reduce and reset” the wrist hoping to avoid surgery. No anesthesia, just a freezing shot in the wrist that didn’t work. Man nurse told me to lie down in case I pass out....some people do. My husband was kicked out in case he passed out!
Manipulation = dr pulling at hand and man nurse pulling at elbow in opposite direction :mad: OMG
Reduction = dr squeezing the living **** out of wrist to bring bones together
New cast = lay gauze with plaster then squeeze the **** out of it some more while it dries......:silenced::sick:
I think I may have swore a couple of times....

I went back on January 22nd for X-rays to see if bone was stable and unfortunately it had shifted. I was on stand by for surgery on the 23rd. Luckily no emergencies came in so I had my very first surgery. A metal plate and screws were put in to stabalize the wrist. I had a rough 36hrs as I’m not able to take morphine or codeine because of an anaphylactic reaction I had in my early 20’s. I was restricted to Tylenol and, as you may guess, it was a real test in pain tolerance. sad :((
I feel much better now. I’m going back on Tuesday to get my cast and stitches removed and I was told I’ll have a removable cast for about 4 weeks.

Only problem now is that I have too much time on my hands and I’m on the Whiteflash website looking at diamonds for a potential upgrade.....:shhh:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear you had to have surgery, but good thing you are on the mend now. Yes, that Whiteflash website in dangerous. Are you looking for something in particular? PSers are great enablers and can help you find the perfect item.:twisted2:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear you had to have surgery, but good thing you are on the mend now. Yes, that Whiteflash website in dangerous. Are you looking for something in particular? PSers are great enablers and can help you find the perfect item.:twisted2:

Thanks very much @mary poppins! I’m almost afraid to ask for help because I know how good PSers are at finding a great diamond!
Actually there’s not much in the 1.6-1.75ct range....I guess it’s a bad time being right after Xmas. I have a 1.4ct VS1 G ACA and I think from what I’ve read that I’ll see a difference with 0.2ct larger?

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
@Weecam omg. that sounds awful! I am very glad you are starting to mend though. Can't blame you for shopping one bit. Maybe it can be a get well present to yourself lmao

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Weecam omg. that sounds awful! I am very glad you are starting to mend though. Can't blame you for shopping one bit. Maybe it can be a get well present to yourself lmao

Indeed, just what I was thinking :saint:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - this has really turned into an ordeal! So sorry for your troubles but so glad that you are truly on the mend now. What a painful experience! I hope you find a gorgeous diamond for all of your troubles - and get an even larger one cause you deserve it!!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow - this has really turned into an ordeal! So sorry for your troubles but so glad that you are truly on the mend now. What a painful experience! I hope you find a gorgeous diamond for all of your troubles - and get an even larger one cause you deserve it!!

Thank you @MissGotRocks!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You DEFINITELY need a get well / perseverance present. How awful for you, but thankfully you’re on the mend now and that’s great.
Doctors are wonderful aren’t they - this will hurt a bit they say - NO it will hurt a lot.
When I smashed up my foot, like 6 bones in pieces, I actually had to stand on it while they x rayed it to see how bad the displacement was. I mean, seriously! I had a nurse on either side holding me because “most people pass out due to the pain”.
So I think a nice big diamond is necessary. Life is for bling!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And all you wanted to do was shovel the driveway! Good grief what an ordeal. You’ve got a great sense of humor about it all Weecam! Oh heck ya, you deserve some new bling! :P2

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
A week before the surgery the orthopaedic surgeon tried to “manipulate, reduce and reset” the wrist hoping to avoid surgery. No anesthesia, just a freezing shot in the wrist that didn’t work. Man nurse told me to lie down in case I pass out....some people do. My husband was kicked out in case he passed out!
Manipulation = dr pulling at hand and man nurse pulling at elbow in opposite direction :mad: OMG
New cast = lay gauze with plaster then squeeze the **** out of it some more while it dries......:silenced::sick:

I went back on January 22nd for X-rays to see if bone was stable and unfortunately it had shifted. I was on stand by for surgery on the 23rd. Luckily no emergencies came in so I had my very first surgery. A metal plate and screws were put in to stabalize the wrist. I had a rough 36hrs as I’m not able to take morphine or codeine because of an anaphylactic reaction I had in my early 20’s. I was restricted to Tylenol and, as you may guess, it was a real test in pain tolerance. sad :((
I feel much better now. I’m going back on Tuesday to get my cast and stitches removed and I was told I’ll have a removable cast for about 4 weeks.

Only problem now is that I have too much time on my hands and I’m on the Whiteflash website looking at diamonds for a potential upgrade.....:shhh:

You deserve that upgrade! :eek2: Maybe guilt DH into getting one when you are much better? :twisted2:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You DEFINITELY need a get well / perseverance present. How awful for you, but thankfully you’re on the mend now and that’s great.
Doctors are wonderful aren’t they - this will hurt a bit they say - NO it will hurt a lot.
When I smashed up my foot, like 6 bones in pieces, I actually had to stand on it while they x rayed it to see how bad the displacement was. I mean, seriously! I had a nurse on either side holding me because “most people pass out due to the pain”.
So I think a nice big diamond is necessary. Life is for bling!

OMG that sounds awful @Bron357 ! And I thought putting my arm flat on the X-ray table after I fractured it was painful...:eek2:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And all you wanted to do was shovel the driveway! Good grief what an ordeal. You’ve got a great sense of humor about it all Weecam! Oh heck ya, you deserve some new bling! :P2

Thank you @Bonfire ! It seems kind of unbelievable when it happens to you! I’ve fallen on the ice quite a few times in my life but never a broken bone.

Reactions: AV_

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Reactions: AV_

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ Yikes! Gotta love how others put themselves in personal peril to try and help.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh @Weecam that attempt at reduction of your fracture sounds absolutely horrible. How painful it must have been. So sorry to hear your had to go through such an ordeal.
Now that you've had surgery, iimagine your fracture will be healing nicely.
I broke my wrist a couple of years ago. No manipulation or attempt at reduction, thank goodness. I went straight to surgery, with pins and screws. I have no problems now, it's as if it never happened.
Hopefully you too will soon be pain free and will be able to put this all behind you.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sending you buckets and buckets of healing dust and good wishes for a complete recovery @Weecam. I am so sorry you went through/are going through such a harrowing ordeal and I hope it brings you comfort knowing other PSers have gone through something similar and healed without complications. Sending you gentle (((hugs)))!

And good luck with your WF upgrade search...I'll never tell.:shhh: :bigsmile:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh @Weecam that attempt at reduction of your fracture sounds absolutely horrible. How painful it must have been. So sorry to hear your had to go through such an ordeal.
Now that you've had surgery, iimagine your fracture will be healing nicely.
I broke my wrist a couple of years ago. No manipulation or attempt at reduction, thank goodness. I went straight to surgery, with pins and screws. I have no problems now, it's as if it never happened.
Hopefully you too will soon be pain free and will be able to put this all behind you.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Thank you for the well wishes @Garnetgirl ! I’m happy to report I’m finally on the right track. My half cast, bandages and stitches came off a few days ago and I’m now in a removable splint. =)2

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DAE8C0BA-B7EE-47DD-A5D3-4B600FEDDC73.jpeg 5E606651-630F-490E-BC2A-281ADBE0ABD9.jpeg
I’m happy to report that I’m finally on the right track. On Tuesday I had my half cast, bandages and stitches removed and I’m now sporting a removable splint. I remove it a couple of times a day to do some stretching and squeezing of a small soft ball. It’s awful how tendons and muscles shrivel up after just 3-4 weeks...
In 3 1/2 weeks the splint will come off permanently and I’ll be going to physio.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is shocking! I'm sooooo sorry, @Wewechew! Hoping you get well and it all heals super fast!

(Upgrade sounds good....)

:mrgreen:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sending you buckets and buckets of healing dust and good wishes for a complete recovery @Weecam. I am so sorry you went through/are going through such a harrowing ordeal and I hope it brings you comfort knowing other PSers have gone through something similar and healed without complications. Sending you gentle (((hugs)))!

And good luck with your WF upgrade search...I'll never tell.:shhh: :bigsmile:

Thank you so much @missy ! Everyone’s comments did indeed bring me comfort. After the manipulation and reduction and then the surgery, I was feeling quite discouraged. I’m a part time caregiver for the elderly so I’m used to being the one that offers help and support....One of my first thoughts after I broke my wrist was what’s going to happen to the people that count on me for help.sad :(( I’m very much looking forward to getting back to work. =)2
And yes, the bling upgrade was an awesome distraction. :dance:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is shocking! I'm sooooo sorry, @Wewechew! Hoping you get well and it all heals super fast!

(Upgrade sounds good....)

:mrgreen:

Thank you @mrs-b ! I was a bit nervous about sending such an expensive item from Canada but Whiteflash took care of all the documents and sent me a FedEx shipping label. All I had to do was go to a FedEx depot.
They have already confirmed that they received my 1.4ct diamond and it’s been sent for verification. I should receive confirmation in 2-3 business days. :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh - @Weecam -

I'm SO sorry! I hit the W next to the E and it auto inserted without me noticing! I've been following this thread for a month; I definitely know who is going through this horror! Again - my apologies!

ETA Can you pls let us in on what upgrade you're getting? I'm guessing you've chosen one, since you've sent back your 1.4?

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No problem @mrs-b ! Took me a while to figure out how to tag someone!

Michelle from Whiteflash helped me as I have a limited budget. I decided on this one:
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4042799.htm

I wanted to stay at G colour but didn’t mind going down to VS2 to gain size. She said it’s totally eye clean and fiery. I was hoping for a slightly smaller table as I’ve read on here that it produces more flashes?
I may do one more upgrade in the future but don’t want to go too much bigger (2ct?) as the biggest diamond in my circle of friends is a 1 carat...and I have a size 4.5 ring finger. Well I did until I broke my wrist!! I’m hoping that it’s just swelling and it will return to normal. I have a few eternities that can’t be sized...:eek2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No problem @mrs-b ! Took me a while to figure out how to tag someone!

Michelle from Whiteflash helped me as I have a limited budget. I decided on this one:
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4042799.htm

I wanted to stay at G colour but didn’t mind going down to VS2 to gain size. She said it’s totally eye clean and fiery. I was hoping for a slightly smaller table as I’ve read on here that it produces more flashes?
I may do one more upgrade in the future but don’t want to go too much bigger (2ct?) as the biggest diamond in my circle of friends is a 1 carat...and I have a size 4.5 ring finger. Well I did until I broke my wrist!! I’m hoping that it’s just swelling and it will return to normal. I have a few eternities that can’t be sized...:eek2:

Oooohhhh - VERY nice! I love a G color!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know if you can open this video but it was recorded from a hotel across the street. A icy day in Montreal.
Luckily the guy got off with only minor injuries.

We had more freezing rain the other day and this was the news report:
https://globalnews.ca/news/4890889/...eqAm2YGDoKVbpZ14OIudBgJd_V5Vu5c55yPl2yzT_Ymbo

24 fractures reported in a 24hr period from ONE hospital!

The video just makes me cringe! Ice is so unforgiving and those people are just helpless on it. Wow!

Glad to hear that your cast is reduced again - you will hopefully be close to good to go when your new diamond ring arrives!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
DAE8C0BA-B7EE-47DD-A5D3-4B600FEDDC73.jpeg 5E606651-630F-490E-BC2A-281ADBE0ABD9.jpeg
I’m happy to report that I’m finally on the right track. On Tuesday I had my half cast, bandages and stitches removed and I’m now sporting a removable splint. I remove it a couple of times a day to do some stretching and squeezing of a small soft ball. It’s awful how tendons and muscles shrivel up after just 3-4 weeks...
In 3 1/2 weeks the splint will come off permanently and I’ll be going to physio.
@Weecam That looks much better! Good luck. =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results