shape
carat
color
clarity

so sad

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t notice before that you''d said she had Alzheimer''s and I am inclined to agree with what IndieJones said about it being better and happier for her to go now rather than later. Alzheimer''s hits the victim and the family so hard and is awful for people to see. My grandfather had dimensia and developed Alzheimer''s right before his death, but for eight years we basically had to watch him slip away and completely forget himself and us. I had always wished it had been easier for him, and hopefully it''s comforting to know that everything was easier on her and she was happy and looking forward to seeing you. I personally believe that the spirits of our loved ones are with us always and watch over us, and I''m sure your grandma will be watching over you.

Best wishes,

*M*

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 7:28:52 PM
Author: *~Sweetpea~*

Thank you diamondfan and Ellen...that actually is comforting.
You''re welcome Sweetpea, and take care. Things will get better, it just takes time. {{{hugs}}}

And diamondfan, you''re welcome too. Funny thing is, I was going to post it anyway.
2.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry about your grandma. I lost both my grandpas a few years ago within months of each other. They were both in their late 80s and even though it was not unexpected, it was still devastating to me. I still miss them very much but it is amazing how time gives you a better perspective.

I feel thankful to be able to have gotten to know them into adulthood and have my pleasant memories of them.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry about your grandmother''s passing Sweatpea

sympathy.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to add my sympathies for your loss Sweetpea. There is never a good time for a loved one to leave us. I lost my father to Alzheimer''s last year and although he was really "gone" several years earlier it was still hard knowing we couldn''t go see him anymore.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 8:15:58 PM
Author: IndieJones
I may sound a bit callous Sweetpea, but... She died happy, looking forward to the holidays and to seeing you. If your grandmother was developing alzheimers this was a far better end to her life than what she was facing. I wish my Grandfather had died that way, and given the probability of my father developing alzheimers, I hope my father dies someday anticipating a fun, family-filled event.
7.gif

I can''t say if there''s a heaven or not, but our loved ones live on in our memories. Don''t let your memories of your Grandmother be clouded with your guilt over not visiting her earlier. Remember her with love and in happiness.
5.gif
I don''t think that you''re being callous at all, I agree. It was actually a blessing to go so fast b/c she didn''t have to know it was coming and be worried or scared. It was a bit hard on us, but it is better for her than knowing, at least in my opinion. It was only going to get worse, I just wish that I had spent a little more time with her, or that I got to see her for thanksgiving so she could ahve enjoyed the meal she planned and the day she was looking forward to. Unfortualtely that''s life though and if you want to live it, you have to deal with death as well.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, hlmr, indie, kerbear, asschr, sevens and sundial. I appreciate the condolences.
emrose.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sorry SweetPea, my heart goes out to you. It is always difficult to lose someone we love. I have to believe there is a better place waiting for their lovely spirits to frolic. I am sure your grandma is looking down on you from that place.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results