shape
carat
color
clarity

SO relieved.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My job offer is FINALLY being processed as we speak.

And it''s for more than I was hoping! Not much more... but still, MORE is MORE after all. Plus stock options, which I wasn''t expecting. I''m not getting re-imbursed for my moving expenses though. But that''s okay... my tax return plumped up because of that... so it evens out a bit.

I''m so relieved. When they hired me here as on a temp req. I guess someone forgot to do the math... when they finally figured out what my hourly wage is equivalent to in salary... they were surprised and not in a good way.

After I moved out here and everything though... I was so worried they''d come in with a low offer. Apparently our VP went to bat for me, as he''s really happy with my performance... my manager says he just kept throwing the word "Georgetown" around until it got him results. Good to know that exhorbant tuition was good for something!

I''m not even excited or happy. Which is strange ... just relieved. Like a HUGE weight has been lifted off me.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and best of luck!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Relieved is good. I''m glad it worked out!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m soooo happy for you!!! You and DF have been through so much that it''s especially great news. If I had an icon (or 14) that showed jumping for joy, they''d be right here for you!!!!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Great news, Gypsy!!!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s wonderful news Gypsy!!! I''m so happy for you. A hearty congrats!!!!
36.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, G, you are recovering from being sick, so I am not surprised you are not jumping up and down. Plus, since it has been a stressor, I think it is a bit anticlimactic now, though of course it is all good, it is just not NEW so you have been expecting it and worried about it versus it happening immediately....CONGRATS though.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all!! You've been so wonderfully supportive.

I'm very relieved. Still oddly numb about the whole thing. But definitely relieved... it was praying on my mind!

ETA: Exactly DF. I think I would have been excited if this were happening 4 months ago as it was supposed to. But at this late a date, I'm just relieved its over.

Was thinking of a small amount of bling as a celebration... but I'm more likely just get something for the bedroom re-do... with the exception of our bed we donated all our bedroom furniture when we moved out here so things are pretty sparse.

Still on the hunt for nice affordable nightstands though. I think I've found most of the other things however and am just waiting for the tax return to come in before buying.

Is it terrible that I still want bling to celebrate?
33.gif
It's just so impractical. Putting the $$ toward furniture is much more responsible.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
congrats! such good news.
10.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 6:55:57 PM
Author: jcrow
congrats! such good news.
10.gif

Wonderful
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for you good wishes! I have the letter IN HAND and my benefits start on Monday!

I went out to lunch to celebrate... and last night FI made me a special dinner!

It''s really nice to know that it''s REAL, finally.

Today, I''m happy.
5.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well YAY! Happy is even BETTER than relieved.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congrats!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you FG.

I''m happy because they took in the overtime I work here in my salary consideration... whereas there was some doubt of that in the beginning.

I''m good though. Plus I get a nice amount of stock, and bonuses.

Pretty nice to start.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Gypsy! I''m glad everything is going as it should. Sounds like you are getting off to a good start, if a slow one.
36.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, glad you are "official"! Are you enjoying the work? Sounds like it really helped to have someone vouch for you. "Stock options" sounds promising. Congrats!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif

Congrats!!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, GULC gal.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 12:37:08 AM
Author: Harriet
Congrats, GULC gal.

LOL. Long ago, in a land far away I was a GULC grad. Now I think of myself as a GULC survivor.
5.gif

Thank you Lumpkin, Stary, Cehra and Harriet.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Was GULC that bad? I put down a deposit, but changed my mind.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was a shock after my California undergrad. The city was fun and stimulating... but there were a LOT of things that were unexpected, and not entirely welcome at the school itself. I think that if I''d come from a different undergrad and experience in undergrad-- or had taken a year off before I would have adjusted better. Plus my mother was seriously ill during my time there-- so I was on the west coast A LOT, which made my studies a challenge. Some teachers were understanding... others weren''t. I also don''t like the semester system. Undergrad was a quarter system and I preferred that. But as I understand it, all lawschools are semester systems. My other students were great though, and I made some good friends and was exposed to a lot of different backgrounds and broadened my horizons considerably. It was a mixed bag. In my last year I had found my ''niche'' finally figured out what was what... but I was graduating, so it was a little frustrating.

If I could do it again, I would have attended an orientation or done a tour/visit at G-town. I didn''t, just accepted and showed up for class. I would have taken a prep course. AND I would not have opted for the ''alternative'' curriculum offered. That was a HUGE mistake.

In all honesty though... I would have been better suited to getting my PHD and teaching. Half a dozen of my undergrad teachers were VEHEMENTLY against my going to lawchool. I didn''t listen.

Now though... I''m happy. I like contracts. I''m good at them, and the challenges suit me. the practice is a lot better than the school experience. Honestly, the best part of my school experience, other than my last year, was the Bar. LOL. I actually enjoyed taking the NY Bar, MORE than lawschool. Much more quarter system-ish.

The only thing I''m really not happy about is office politics in a large corporation. It''s complicated, messy... and I''m a bit too blunt. I''m adjusting, but it''s a slow process.

3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results