shape
carat
color
clarity

So much information! Please help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amandy23k

Rough_Rock
This website is amazing with so much useful information, however, I am overwhelmed at this point. I understand the 4c''s very well now, and understand how the certs weigh into the picture, but the more I read, the more it seems like that is not enough to know. What is this sarin stuff all about? Please help.
I am looking to upgrade my diamond to around .75-.85ct, G/H/possibly I in color, with VS1/2 or maybe SI1 clarity. Here are some that I am looking at,
http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=4540952

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=4629562

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=4671556

there are a few others through this vendor, but should I bet looking for something else as well?

Thanks for any advice!
Amanda

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Amandy23k, welcome to the forum.

Sarin measurements provide you with extra information such as crown and pavilion angles which are not shown on GIA report.

Based on the numbers there is nothing wrong with the stones you posted.

>>but should I bet looking for something else as well?

It depends what your priorities are. Usually people settle on lower clarity as long as the diamond is eye-clean (could be SI1 or even SI2) and take either larger size or whiter color or better cut.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock

amandy23k

Rough_Rock
I think that you can find some candidates in their signature series ideal collection or ideal catagory for around the same price you are going to spend on those "premium" stones. I found two candidates around $2730 in the signature series ideal collection. One is an H SI1 and the other is an I VS1 both are .78 and are exactly the same price.

So just to be sure, I should try to stay with a stone that falls in either the signature series or Ideal categories for the best sparkle? I didnt know if there was too much of a difference because when looking at the depth and table on both the ideal and signature as well as premium, they all fall within the same ranges. I was told that any depth between 60-62% and table between 53-57% would provide a beautiful stone. Is this not accurate?
Since I will be buying online because of the incredible savings, if I should consider an SI2, should I have it sent to an appraiser first? Though I am sure no matter the circumstance I should take it to an appraiser.
Thanks again!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I find that most times you can find an "ideal" cut diamond for the same price as their "premium" cut. Read the thread currently on this forum about 60/60 table and depth percentages and it will explain to you why there is so much more than depth and table to be considered when buying a diamond with the most sparkle. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/so-i-visited-a-b-m-recently-60-60.24795/ I would trust that those in DCD's signature series collection are going to be VERY well cut and sparklie. So $2700 buying about the same size and clarity diamond in both catagories, I'd go for the signature series. Most of the vendors here offer such a collection of ideal cut or "a cut above" diamonds as Whiteflash calls them. The nice thing about the signature series ideal collection at DirtCheapDiamonds and the cut above selection at WF is the the stones are actually "in-house" and available for them to actually pull out and look at for you. As far as buying an SI2 goes, if you buy a stone that is in-house you can have them pull out the stone and physically examine it and tell you of the nature of the inclusions. DirtCheap's signature series diamonds include a magnified image of the diamond already so you can judge for yourself whether you can spot the inclusion and will be bothered by it. Sending the stone to an appraiser before purchase is always a safe way to be sure you'll be happy with what you buy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results