shape
carat
color
clarity

so much fabric!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynny0780

Rough_Rock
hello, so i went for the first time to try on some dresses yesterday. i tried on 3 of them and omg not a good time. if you ever need motivation to lose weight, go try on wedding dresses! haha

but for real, my question is to the short girls (or everyone i guess), im 5''2 and i tried on 1 "poofy style" dress and 2 more empire grecian style dresses and it was so overwelming with all that fabric! does anyone else have this problem? i could barely even walk i felt like a giant cotton ball. they just didnt seem like the fit right, and it was hard to even get excited when you try on a dress that either doesnt fit or is so long that you cant imagine how it might look once it is made to fit you.

anyone else have this problem? or was it just me??

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Yes. I had that problem. I think that in addition to being short, it depends on your body shape/type. I found that empire waist and ballgown type dresses were really not that flattering, especially since I have a larger bust.

Natural waist and Dropped waist gowns were much more flattering and elongating especially when they had a modified Aline or trumpet/mermaid type skirt. Much less fabric for your frame - more fabulous you!

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
I''m 5''2", 110 pounds, so I found most of the dresses to be incredibly overwhelming. Especially because because a lot of them were sample sized, and it hard to get a good idea of what a dress will look like when it is being held on you by jumbo clips, and the hem is two feet too long. I found the drop waist and mermaid silhouettes looked best on me. Keep on trying! I LOVE shopping but wedding dress shopping was NOT fun for me!

smiles

Shiny_Rock
My sister is getting married in July and at a whopping 4''11" she also felt very overwhelmed in some of the dresses!! She was able to find her dress (i cannot remember the brand) and it is available in petite lengths so while it doesn''t solve your problem of feeling overwhelmed when you try it on it may be a question to consider asking...

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I''m 4''8", and I think we are a similar size proportionally. If you are overwhelmed by fabric, try mermaids or more fitted styles. Ultimately I went for an Aline, but I looked good in close fitting ones too
9.gif
Also try Casablanca. They are one of the brands that allow you to order them to your height. It will help with the dress constructed proportionally, and it will save some money in alteration.

Have you tried a pick up skirt? I tried one, and I looked so ridiculous! Try it just for fun
9.gif
I hear you on the work out part; I was sweating at the end of the day
14.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I''m 5''1, and found that ball gowns, empire waists, dropped waists, and dresses with lots of detailing at the bottom (the kind that start at the bottom and then come up in a triangle) were just not doable. I ended up with an Aline, but also loved trumpet style (fitted, but not as dramatic as mermaid), and if you have great curves, a mermaid could be nice as well! Good luck!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I'm just short of 5'10" and I still felt like a giant pouf ball with just about every floor length dress I tried on, even if they weren't super poufy. I guess that's why I ended up with something knee length, because I never could get used to that huge amount of fabric and felt much more comfortable in my knee length dress. Just keeping trying them on until you find one you're really comfortable in and you'll know that's the right dress.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results