shape
carat
color
clarity

So, like a dodo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I cut all my hair of on Saturday and then set a wedding date in 5 months...any magic pills of potions to help speed the growing process?

What a dumb dumb.
38.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
How short is "all off"? They can do some pretty amazing up-do lookalikes with shortish hair.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last week my daughter cut her hair (had it cut), then freaked out and made me buy her a "wig". (It was a hair extension.) She couldn't face going to school in the morning. Luckily we couldn't get the extension on without bumps and she went with her new haircut. She has never looked better. I bet you look wonderful, too :). Is that picture to the left (I am referring to your icon) recent?

Deb
34.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's nothing wrong with short hair for a wedding, right? Since when is it a disaster not to have long hair?
9.gif
Just kidding. Short hair can be spiced up with flowers or jeweled clips placed correctly. I like short hair on women because they look fresher, younger and more energetic.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Hair cut remorse! How horrible for you - I get that every time I have more than an inch trimmed off the ends, so I totally sympathise. IMHO though, it will look much better if it is cut into a style that really flatters you and suits the length than if it''s a ''growing out'' style, if you know what I mean. Or, if it isn''t too short, go with the fake up do, as NF suggests?

Or what about extensions? I''ve seen some awful ones, but I''ve also seen some that look like natural hair (I only knew they weren''t because I watched the stylist put them in while I waited for my appointment!)

Ok, here''s my last and least sensible suggestion (which I actually advise you to ignore lol). Pregnancy has made my hair grow so fast I have to beat it back with a stick some days. Two weeks after a cut, it needs trimmed. After a couple of months, I gave up and let it grow, now my chin length bob is down past my shoulders by a good few inches.

Don''t do it though!
2.gif

Hey, it''s your wedding day - you''ll look gorgeous whatever you do with your hair!

Jen

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know SDL took a combo of different pills to help her hair grow faster. Hopefully she will see this and let you know.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pills are pre-natal pills. It is actually Biotin which helps strengthen nails and hair, and can possibly speed up their growth. Biotin is from the Vitamin B family.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
You are not a dumb dumb and you don''t need long hair to be a bride! Five months is a lot of growth, so if you have your heart set on an updo, you can definitely still get one. I cut my hair to just above chin length a week before we got engaged and we were only engaged 7 months--by the time the wedding rolled around, I had plenty for an updo.

I''d just schedule the trial hair appt. close to the wedding date--my stylist suggested 3 - 4 weeks prior so she could see how much length I had and what she could do with what I had. She also assured me that if I needed a bit more length, some slective extentions would do wonders, but I didn''t end up needing them.

I think Omega 3 oils are supposed to make your hair grow faster...you could ask your stylist.

Oh, and one last thing: my stylist didn''t give me any trims, just one very mild trim about 3-4 months before the wedding. The week of the wedding we did my final color and she trimmed my bangs, but she said the rest could wait until th week after the wedding--ends are almost always tucked into an updo, anyway.

You''re going to look MAH-velous.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 12:59:33 PM
Author: Chrono
The pills are pre-natal pills. It is actually Biotin which helps strengthen nails and hair, and can possibly speed up their growth. Biotin is from the Vitamin B family.
Aha! That would explain a few things for me lol!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
This is short (to me) being that it was 7 inches longer pre-cut.....

shorthair4645435214.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
short? That''s not short, you''ve already got plenty to work with and you''ve still got 5 months to grow!!

I LOOOOOVE the cut, btw! It looks great!!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
WHOA huge!!!
9.gif

it is shorter in the back, about 1.5 inches from the nape of my neck.

shorthair874897648974653.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Really cute cut! I wouldn''t worry about it being too short - you will definitely have enough for an updo, and you can always have them add extensions for extra volume!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have PLENTY of length for a ton of updos!!! I wouldn''t worry at all. I was thinking a pixie cut or something. I love your new cut BTW!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
shorter in the back is not a problem--my stylist said that for shorter hair they usually keep the updos low so they don''t need much length at all.

Did you change the color, too? I really like the shorter hair, it frames your face so nicely and the lighter color makes your eyes look fabulous!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
It is blonder, short hair and roots to contend with hee hee...
41.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful the way it is, but if you really want to grow it... Take 2 Flintstones vitamins a day. It''s the same as prenatal without all the extra iron. LOTS of biotin. Made my hair grow ZOOM ZOOM fast! I''ve actually had to cut back now that I have a shorter cut. Oh, and they are tasty and cheap. That helps too.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Iwanna, it looks sassy and adorable, love it!!! It will grow in 5 months; if not it looks awesome the way it is. You have nothing to worry about, super duper cute!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh for heaven sakes, it's not short! And honestly? I think it looks better!
36.gif

ETA Not that you looked bad to begin with, you didn't!!
5.gif

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
I am with ellen here---I actually like the new cut better! Its so cute and flattering on you! I am a hairstylist, so rest assured, with the length you have now, an updo can be done and noone would EVER guess you had a shorter nape area with a slight swing bob. Twists, curls, pins, and teasing are all magical tools, trust me!! Plus, you get to use the creativity of the stylist, rather than a generic picture you pick out of a wedding book that everyone uses.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s considered medium length, not short at all. In 5 months, you''ll have plenty work with.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think your new cut looks great. It really frames your face. I wouldn''t worry about it.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks super modern & adorable! If you want to play *up* the "mod bob" five months from now you could rock a birdcage veil ... or if you wanted to play it *down* you could do a low-swept, nape-grazing elegant twist. No worries!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''m putting all you cutiepies on notice:

Stop kvetching about your looks when you''re gorgeous! It''s so irritating to us ordinary mortals.
20.gif
9.gif

Your haircut is perfect. You''re perfect. Regardless of the length of your hair, you''ll be adorable on your w-day.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 4:29:33 PM
Author: HollyS
Okay, I'm putting all you cutiepies on notice:

Stop kvetching about your looks when you're gorgeous! It's so irritating to us ordinary mortals.
20.gif
9.gif

Your haircut is perfect. You're perfect. Regardless of the length of your hair, you'll be adorable on your w-day.
Totally!!! haha That is what I am thinking; I keep thinking I wish my hair looked as awesome as Iwannaprettyone
39.gif
Iwanna, have your guy/gal fly out to do my hair, please!!!
9.gif

Sumbride, I love the flinestone recommendation! I wuve you Sum, you always have the best advice
13.gif
hehe Plus, I am always amazed in other thread I can totally not make sense and you know what I mean re:DC recommendations. haha

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
When I started reading this thread, I was afraid you''d cut all your hair off and possibly shaved your head!
38.gif

There was an audible sigh of relief when I saw your picture!! It''s a cute, modern cut and very attractive on you.
36.gif
In five months'' time, the back (and sides) will be perfect for almost any do you want.
35.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
You have got to be kidding me.....right? Your hair looks GREAT & I totally agree that it looks better than what you had. You have plenty enough hair for an up-do.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
You ladies are so sweet, Thanks. I supposed I''d feel better about it if I hadn''t of gotten the **GASP**
6.gif
"oh... well... I like it" reaction from the FI.
38.gif

Rockin'' the bird cage eh? Any photos you''d like to share??

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
I like the shorter hair. I think it looks great on you.

If you really want to grow your hair though, I saw in a bunch of magazines that the celebs use this stuff http://www.viviforyou.com/ to help grow their hair faster.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results