shape
carat
color
clarity

So impatient! Waiting for the big day . . . .

Sonyawp

Rough_Rock
So my boyfriend and I are taking the next step! Bought a beautiful stone from DBL in October and sent it to David Klass for him to do his magic. It is an Oval and will be in a split shank halo. Fun thing I requested - the halo stones will all be flourescent. I just think flourescence in a diamond is cool and wanted something special for me. Can't wait for the finished product and the beginning of the rest of my life!

(waiting is so hard!)

CENTER STONE:
WEIGHT: 1.45ct
QUANTITY: 1
SHAPE: Oval Modified Brilliant
COLOR: Y-Z, Natural Light Yellow
CLARITY: VS2
MEASUREMENTS: 9.16 x 6.58 x 3.60 mm
TOTAL DEPTH: 54.7%
TABLE SIZE: 58.0%
POLISH: VG
SYMMETRY: G
FLUORESCENCE: FAINT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVIE3qqIebc

_35616.jpg

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oohhh, i can't wait to see the finished product. Funny thing, i got a new LED light for my gel nail kit and it's large enough to fit my whole hand under. well, i was surprised to find that my pave ER and WB both have a few diamonds that are fluorescent. VERY cool!

Sonyawp

Rough_Rock
What a cool surprise! Pics will be up as soon as I have it. :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg, I can see why the anticipation is slowly killing you…the stone looks gorgeous, and it will look perfect in that setting…can't wait to see it!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds awesome! Fluor and Phos are some of my favourite things about diamonds :love: Sounds like it's going to be a knock out ring!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cant wait to see either! The gallery looks lovely! :appl:

alamana

Shiny_Rock
Can't wait to see it!

LOVE the idea for the fluor halo! I love fluorescence! Fell in love with it at the Smithsonian mineral exhibit -- they've got a big case of rocks that look like nothing ... then the black light comes on and it is a glowing neon-colored show! I was transfixed. I've yet to see my ring under a black light, but I'm looking forward to it (although mine has only medium blue fluor).

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
Are the different colors in the cad reflecting different metal types or colors you intend you use? Will there be diamonds on the split shank as well? Looks like it's going to be a lovely ring so I can't wait to see some pics.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is going to be some gorgeous ring!! Yes waiting is really hard, but it is going to be soooo worth it!!

Sonyawp

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure why a cad has different colors like that. The ring will be either white gold or plat - not sure what the boyfriend picked. There will be a yellow cup under the stone to help enhance the color and the gallery will be white gold/plat to match the ring.
There will be diamonds down the sides of the ring as well as the halo - not sure why he didn't add them in the cad - but they will be there!

:)

Sonyawp

Rough_Rock
Well, I finally got it! Christmas Eve at a family dinner. He pulled off a surprise and made me cry. It is so beautiful. More than I hoped for. Going to try to load some pictures though I have never done it before.

ring_pic.jpg

ring_pic_side.jpg

hand_shot_2.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:clap: Yay, congrats on your engagement! Looks great! Now, a shot of the fluor halo would be next :love: :love:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
That. Is. Perfect.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Congratulations!!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, that is beautiful!! Congratulations on your engagement!! :appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ignore the rude troll post above :angryfire: Can't figure out why some people say anything at all.... :wall:

That ring is gorgeous!!! I love it, and am hoping for a photo that shows the flour also since I think that is such a great idea to have halo stones show it. :love: Congrats on your engagement and please post most pics! :D

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
It won't be there long.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring!!! David nailed it again. Your stone and setting are fabulous. Congrats and enjoy wearing this beauty.

OP & other posters: please completely ignore the troll. The post has been reported and I am sure it will be removed (and the poster hopefully banned).

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats Sonyawp !!

Your new ring is gorgeous, and it looks lovely on your hand.
Wear it in the best of health!!

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful ring. Congratulations on your engagement. Enjoy many years of happiness :love: :love: :wavey:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!!!

Sonyawp

Rough_Rock
Wow, I totally missed the troll post. But it's all good. Thank you all so much. Pictures don't do it justice. The beautiful stone was found for me by David at DBL and the ring was made by David Klass. They are both phenomenal! Will get black light photos very soon!!!!! Thank you all!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Glad you missed it. :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore that stone. And love split shanks for ovals. Perfect combo.

Wear it in the best of health.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oh, absolutely beautiful!!!! :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DITTO! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results