shape
carat
color
clarity

So I have this sweet little tsavorite...how should I set it?!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
This sweet little tsavorite is from Gemfix and I'm debating how to set it

Specs:
Tsavorite Cushion Modified Brilliant Cut
Weight: 1.15cts
Measurements: 6.3x6mm, depth 4.1mm
Clarity: VVS
Origin: East Africa
Enhancements: None

Finger size: 4

I'm debating between a low-profile doubled-edged halo or a daniel k style split shank. I'm not sure if the halo would be too big for my tiny hands, but the stone might not be large enough to pull off a split shank.

Also, any ideas who should set it? Hand forged will probably be too pricey, but maybe cast by BE or LAD?

Attachments

• DSC05416DanielKcushionshandshot.jpg
    DSC05416DanielKcushionshandshot.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 27
  • img_3711.jpg
    img_3711.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 22
  • img_3784.jpg
    img_3784.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 25

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
setting pics DSC05416DanielKcushionshandshot.jpg img_3784.jpg img_3711.jpg

Attachments

• tsavorite_259.jpg
    tsavorite_259.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 8

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty stone! Great pictures too.
I vote split shank.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Rfisher! I also wanted to mention that other setting ideas are welcome too!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if these fit your style...

Maevona has some really pretty settings. I've seen her rings IRL and they are much more delicate than they look in pictures. Really pretty.

WESTRAY
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXBiNexhJzh/?hl=en&taken-by=maevona
upload_2017-9-8_21-34-39.png

IRIS
https://www.instagram.com/p/BV0RPHiAvwn/?hl=en&taken-by=maevona
The store I visited to see her settings had a version of this with tear-drop shaped prongs not hearts (like the cluster below). Maybe it was a special order as I can't find an example.
upload_2017-9-8_21-35-4.png
upload_2017-9-8_21-36-29.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-8_21-25-25.png
    upload_2017-9-8_21-25-25.png
    462.4 KB · Views: 11
  • upload_2017-9-8_21-28-42.jpeg
    upload_2017-9-8_21-28-42.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 10

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are gorgeous rockysalamander! I especially like the westray. The knife edge split is really attractive to me and pretty delicate. I haven't really ever heard of maevona. Are they priced similarly to ritani, vatche, etc.?

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone. This stone was on my wish list. I was told square cushion is one of rarest shape for tsavorite. The colour is quite rich comparing to other tsavorites from Tanzania.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Btw, I meant to post this picture which originally thought me thinking halo. TanzaniteTop.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely stone. This stone was on my wish list. I was told square cushion is one of rarest shape for tsavorite. The colour is quite rich comparing to other tsavorites from Tanzania.

Oh no, I'm sorry it's no longer on your wish list! It is definitely a lovely cut. It was so difficult to find a tsavorite with a chunkier cushion pavilion and a top color at a price point that wasn't completely out of question. I went a little smaller than I was originally thinking, but this was by far my favorite out of probably hundreds I looked at?? I was pretty happy it looked great in person.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did you ask Gemfix for more photos before you bought the stone? Since Gemfix does not send more photos, I hesitate to ask them about the stone. I am not in the States, so shipping back the stone and the custom is a big problem for me.

I think pink halo will be interesting for this stone.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you ask Gemfix for more photos before you bought the stone? Since Gemfix does not send more photos, I hesitate to ask them about the stone. I am not in the States, so shipping back the stone and the custom is a big problem for me.

I think pink halo will be interesting for this stone.

I didn't ask them for more pics. I went off of their pantone description (Closest Pantone Color Card: flashes of 347C) and it was also pretty low risk for me to return. Color is accurate to their images, but like any colored stone is varies a great deal depending on the lighting environment.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous rockysalamander! I especially like the westray. The knife edge split is really attractive to me and pretty delicate. I haven't really ever heard of maevona. Are they priced similarly to ritani, vatche, etc.?
I think the Westray with pave was around $1800-2000 usd. I think you can also go direct to Maevona and cut out the retailer.
http://www.maevona.com/

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the saturation of the stone. With just a touch of the blue modifier we all covet. I'm sure whatever you do with it will be lovely. Personally, I love white metal and a smattering of diamonds with tsavs...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results