shape
carat
color
clarity

So I have these tiny diamonds...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
and I have no idea what to do with them!

I have pair of stud earrings that belonged to my grandmother. The stones are about 3mm each and are set in teeny tiny little four prongs. They are so teeny that they get lost in my ear lobes. I never gave my ear lobes much thought. But these little guys make them look absolutely HUGE. LOL!

Anyway, I would love some suggestions on what I might be able to do with them. I love that they belonged to my grandmother. They carry a lot of sentimental value. I was her only granddaughter and she totally spoiled me rotten because of it. :)

Can you have earring jackets make for stones of this size? Or would the 3mm stones just get lost in jackets? And I don''t have to keep them as earrings. A necklace would be nice...

What do you guys think?

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I would set them in a dangling pendant . . . using the 2 diamonds as accents to a colored gemstone. You can have a lot of fun with creating a custom pendant or even a custom RHR.

umgoblue2003

Rough_Rock
you could always get a few more teeny diamonds and have a ring made like the one Tiffany makes...

you should check out tiffany''s website, they have lots of cute rings with teeny diamonds on them :)

12040563_xl_1.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I have a tiny diamond set inside the shank of my e-ring. Maybe you could put one inside your e-ring and one inside your w-band?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet they would look great (and bigger) if you got them bezel set, like the Elsa Peretti Tiffany earrings. Someone on here (I forget who, though!) has .10 tcw bezel set earrings from Tiffany and they are soooo pretty and dainty!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 12:33:31 AM
Author: thing2of2
I bet they would look great (and bigger) if you got them bezel set, like the Elsa Peretti Tiffany earrings. Someone on here (I forget who, though!) has .10 tcw bezel set earrings from Tiffany and they are soooo pretty and dainty!
Lynnb is the owner of these lovely earrings. Here''s a thread about wallerama''s bezel earrings and the link to Lynnb''s earrings. This is a great idea of how to make the diamonds look bigger and in general a very elegant look.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
second ear holes!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I also thought about a ring similar to the etoile that umgoblue posted... i feel like someone posted one on SMTR that only had a couple diamonds... another neat idea, what was your grandmothers birthstone? Maybe you could set the diamonds on either side of that if you arent a fan of the 2 diamond look.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I totally should not have asked you guys. Because now there are so many cool ideas, I am not sure what I would like to do! LOL!

I really like the scattered ring idea. And I really like the idea of some kind of pendant with the two tiny stones as accents to a colored stone. As I was my grandma''s "baby girl" it would be fun to somehow use a pink sapphire and the tiny diamonds to make a pendant. Then I could also get matching pink sapphire studs to go with it!

Bezel set studs are also a great idea. I was also thinking about something like the WF braid settings. With my little stones, they would probably look like the top section of these...

Thanks for the great ideas!

1.gif

WF Double Braid Earrings.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results