shape
carat
color
clarity

So I finally purchased an e-ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NoVa Tiger

Rough_Rock
Hi All. I've been lurking, reading, and learning here for about two and a half years now, and finally bought the e-ring this past month. This forum has been an invaluable resource to me both for ideas and for information, so thank you all very much!

Well, without further ado...

GIA Specs:
Round Brilliant
2.41 Carat
8.52 - 8.56 x 5.36mm
J Color
SI1 Clarity (100% eye clean)
Excellent Cut
Excellent Pol
Excellent Sym
62.8% Total Depth
57% Table Size
35.0 Crown Angle
15.0% Crown Height
41.2 Pavilion Angle
44.0% Pavilion Depth
No Cutlet
No Fluorescence

5.5 Ring Size

Platinum setting is custom from XIV Carats in Beverley Hills, CA, and includes an additional 0.3 carats in G-H VS diamond side stones.

I plan on asking her soon - I just hope she loves the ring!

Unfortunately I just can't seem to capture any high-quality pictures of using my iPhone, so these photos really don't do the stone justice - it REALLY sparkles - TONS of fire. I'll try to get better photos later. Anyway, here's a look at what I could manage do with the limitations of my built-in camera phone...

ring5876882.jpg

NoVa Tiger

Rough_Rock
Here''s a profile...

profile5876882.jpg

NoVa Tiger

Rough_Rock
Here''s the underside of the setting and prongs...

setting5876882.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

your ring is sooo gorgeous! I''m sure she will love it! plus! It''s cover 2cts! Almost 2.5 ctw! You did such a good job! And I am so loving the diamond! Everything about it is so perfect! First the carat, and the warmth of the J, the excellent everything and the SI1 that you say is 100% eye clean! CONGRATS!

NoVa Tiger

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/11/2009 3:41:08 PM
Author: YayTacori
your ring is sooo gorgeous! I'm sure she will love it! plus! It's cover 2cts! Almost 2.5 ctw! You did such a good job! And I am so loving the diamond! Everything about it is so perfect! First the carat, and the warmth of the J, the excellent everything and the SI1 that you say is 100% eye clean! CONGRATS!

Thanks so much for the comments! The clarity of the stone is just awesome. Independent appraiser looked at it yesterday and kept commenting on how beautiful the polish was and on how she was surprised it rated SI1 from GIA (she said would've rated it in the VS range). I was a little worried at first about buying a J colored stone, but I figured that a triple-EX would hopefully face up pretty white - especially in natural light and once in the setting. My photos were taken indoor near a yellowish halogen bulb, hence a lot of that warmth you see. I'll try to get better photos to post soon that better show the brilliance and clarity of the stone.

The setting was inspired by the Tiffany Novo.

D

Deactivated member 42515

u know tho, before I started PSing, I thought that D-F was the best but now I know that its personal preference. Some people prefer a icy white stone and others like that near colorless stones like H-J. In my opinion, I would get J (not that if someone gifted me a D color diamond I would be mad at them!
41.gif
) but I like the character of the J and how yes sometimes it has a tint of yellow, but I love it! Its always changing! And you cant even see the warmth in the pictures! and u say they were taken indoors next to a halogen bulb! She is totally gonna love it! I''m so happy for you guys!

NoVa Tiger

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much. Here''s a pic from the appraiser...

stone5876882.jpg

NoVa Tiger

Rough_Rock
and another profile of the setting...

side5876882.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

stop it! you''re gonna make my computer short circuit from all my drool! hahah

jk! dont stop! onward with the pictures!

NoVa Tiger

Rough_Rock
arrows under scope...

arrows5876882.jpg

NoVa Tiger

Rough_Rock
That''s all I''ve got for now - I''ll post more as soon as I can!
1.gif

peterspixie

Shiny_Rock
How pretty and it looks HUGE!!
36.gif

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Looks like all the research really paid off - you purchased an absolutely gorgeous ring. Beautiful diamond and lovely Novo inspired setting. Your ff is going to be thrilled. Good luck with the proposal and congrats!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous!

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
i''d sure marry you for that one.. :) hehe

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Lovely profile. Good luck with the proposal.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It looks great! I''m sure she will be floored!!
36.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huge!! Can''t wait for handshots!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!! I love the setting, it''s so dainty and classy at the same time. You did great, and she''s going to love this ring!
36.gif

NoVa Tiger

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. I''ll post hand shots as soon as I can!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!! Good luck on the proposal!! I can''t imagine you getting anything less than a "YES!!". She''s gonna be floored! You did a great job!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
She''s one lucky girl. It''s gorgeous.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
What a stunner!!!! Love the profile view
10.gif

NoVa Tiger

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the replies!

Now I just need to figure out how and when to ask her!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!! What a gorgeous ring! Please post more pictures! Lovely setting, beautiful diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results