shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW So I Chose a Pear!

RokShok

Rough_Rock
I had the dilemma of choosing between an Emerald cut and a Pear. The Pear won. Happy with my choice as I prefer EC's over 6cts and not wanting to go down to a lower colour than an "H" at this point in time.

The setting converts to a pendant.

4ct HSi2.

pear3.jpg

Attachments

• pear5.jpg
    pear5.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 104
  • pear4.jpg
    pear4.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 90

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wise choice! That’s a beauty:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely. So versatile and that pendant is :love:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks great, and the option to convert to suit the occasion is cool! :))

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
pearpendant.jpg
As a pendant!
Hi RokShok, your convertible ring/pendant is absolutely gorgeous!

It just so happens we are currently working with David Klass on a convertible for a hot pink tourmaline pear with diamond halo. Our design is just about finished, and we are going back and forth as to whether to go with a removable bale for the pendant, or just run the chain thru the gallery at the point of the pear. I think your photo has pretty much made up our minds for us!!!

Would you be so kind as to take a photo of the pendant showing how the gallery is designed to allow for the chain. Thank you so much!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! And I love that it can convert to a pendant!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I love it both ways!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:GORGEOUS!!!:appl:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!!!

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring/pendant it looks beautiful on you (both ways!)

RokShok

Rough_Rock
CAC4F5EB-3CF0-41FD-83D4-D7ACCE474FD0.jpeg
Hi RokShok, your convertible ring/pendant is absolutely gorgeous!

It just so happens we are currently working with David Klass on a convertible for a hot pink tourmaline pear with diamond halo. Our design is just about finished, and we are going back and forth as to whether to go with a removable bale for the pendant, or just run the chain thru the gallery at the point of the pear. I think your photo has pretty much made up our minds for us!!!

Would you be so kind as to take a photo of the pendant showing how the gallery is designed to allow for the chain. Thank you so much!
Hi PRs,

Here are the profile shots. The gallery where the point of the pear is was originally more bowed in shape. The idea was to thread it through a .03pt Dbty chain. I tried with a slightly bigger chain and instantly knew the times I needed to wear the stone as a pendant I would not have the patience or the time to thread a dbty chain through it. It went back to the bench and still ended a little bowed out. Theory has it if the gallery was made at more of a right angle towards the tip of the pear, the chain is likely to get caught in the angle. That would drive me crazy and I’m sure I would pull on it and snap the chain in the process of impatience.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
This is gorgeous. I saw your other thread and while both were beautiful, the pear really spoke to me and I'm glad that you are happy with your choice @RokShok

May I ask where you purchased it or who made this for you?

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
That is just GORGEOUS!!! I love a pear and to have it be your ring or pendant is just fabulous and romantic! And your ring as a diamond band is stunning too. Perfect vacation piece and of coarse everyday!

RokShok

Rough_Rock
This is gorgeous. I saw your other thread and while both were beautiful, the pear really spoke to me and I'm glad that you are happy with your choice @RokShok

May I ask where you purchased it or who made this for you?

Hi facetgirl,

The ring was made by a jeweller in Hong Kong. I wasn’t up to trying to explain to VC what I wanted.

This was already a design my Jeweller carries, so it was a lot easier to trust and leave the whole process up to him.

RokShok

Rough_Rock
That is just GORGEOUS!!! I love a pear and to have it be your ring or pendant is just fabulous and romantic! And your ring as a diamond band is stunning too. Perfect vacation piece and of coarse everyday!
Funny you should say that. It was made specifically for a busy life where it could easily be dismantled and the band put into a pouch and if lost, not too much of monetary issue.

I’m very forgetful. Putting the head on a chain as opposed to storing the whole piece and remembering where I put it would be an issue. I’ve forgotten where I’ve put so many valuable things over the years, found them later thankfully. It’s a nasty feeling I wanted to avoid.

The insurance was also reasonable as opposed to a more expensive piece I would have probably left in the bank when on vacation.

alpha238

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I’ve Never seen a piece of jewelry that converts that way.

RokShok

Rough_Rock
Apologies bling_dream19. Yes, a perfect vacation piece.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CAC4F5EB-3CF0-41FD-83D4-D7ACCE474FD0.jpeg
Hi PRs,

Here are the profile shots. The gallery where the point of the pear is was originally more bowed in shape. The idea was to thread it through a .03pt Dbty chain. I tried with a slightly bigger chain and instantly knew the times I needed to wear the stone as a pendant I would not have the patience or the time to thread a dbty chain through it. It went back to the bench and still ended a little bowed out. Theory has it if the gallery was made at more of a right angle towards the tip of the pear, the chain is likely to get caught in the angle. That would drive me crazy and I’m sure I would pull on it and snap the chain in the process of impatience.
Thank you so much for the photos! The concern about the chain getting caught in the angle between the gallery and the point is exactly the debate we've been having. We were thinking if the chain couldn't slide easily thru the gallery it might catch and cause the pendant to roll over as DW moved her head from side to side. I also really like how your chain emerges a little way down the sides of the V rather than right at the point.

RokShok

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! I’ve Never seen a piece of jewelry that converts that way.
Hi alpha238,

Thank you.

I have always been obsessed with vintage Jewelry conversion, albeit larger pieces. How craftsman were able to make the process from pin to pendant to possibly a cuff so beautifully. I’m not sure I am the type to wear such ornate pieces. This concept is a little simpler. I think a cuff would drive me crazy. I actually haven’t worn Jewelry or a watch in so long. A sin for for a member of this forum I know.

There is a pricescoper who has two bezelled MRB’s that convert from a pedant to thread through what looks like a leather strap bracelet. I have admired the piece whilst lurking.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
That is down right glamorous! I just adore that it’s a convertible piece.

RokShok

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the photos! The concern about the chain getting caught in the angle between the gallery and the point is exactly the debate we've been having. We were thinking if the chain couldn't slide easily thru the gallery it might catch and cause the pendant to roll over as DW moved her head from side to side. I also really like how your chain emerges a little way down the sides of the V rather than right at the point.

I haven’t worn it on a chain for an extended period of time yet. The chain in the picture was found on the floor with another piece that was on it at the time. I had showered and didn’t realise getting dressed or something I had ripped it off. It was an old chain bought somewhere else which had a loosened clasp. It’s having a new clasp put on and should be ready next week.

I’m not sure how DK has designed your gallery. This does roll a little as a pendant. I was told it can’t be avoided. As a ring I still wanted the gallery to look dainty and like a ring gallery.

You may have to compromise a little if you don’t want it to roll at all. Maybe instead of one big scallop to the point of the pear, use two smaller ones. However that may affect the aesthetics of the profile when worn as a ring.

I hope no-one will be grabbing your hand to inspect the gallery of your ring. However, it must be pleasing to you and your aesthetic sensibilities.

I will be interested to see what DK comes up with. His work is stunning.

I have several eternity bands that are unwearable now as I have bent them as they were so narrow. I will have to remake them eventually or repurpose them. The band on this ring was made wider and the pendant was an added purpose purely for my absent mindedness. So a little roll I’m not too concerned about.

Looking forward to seeing your finished piece and DK’s interpretation.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results