shape
carat
color
clarity

So I bought this little ditty from LM yesterday...

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
So DSS set in. I'm upgrading the upgrade from a 2.23ct (which will be smaller after its BGD recut - won't be finished until August it seems :confused:) to this little ditty. :dance:

I've been stalking JA, VC, JByG, GOG, and BGD, among other sites, for a (modern or antique cut) cushion or OEC for the past two months. My first choice was an OEC from JByG, but Grace was at the Las Vegas tradeshow when I emailed her and her assistant sold it while she was out. :(sad Then I saw this cushion and it was love at first sight but over my budget. So I continued to look elsewhere just in case something showed up that was less expensive. Specs I wanted were 8.3-9mm in size (I disregarded carat size since OEC and cushions need to be treated individually), no lower than I color because I see too much color in J, an eye clean SI1 clarity or better, and fit my budget. That left me tight parameters.

So I called Leon. He was very nice through the whole process. I asked for extra pics and he sent them promptly. Then since Leon will not sell a loose stone by itself, and his settings are expensive (and rightfully so due to the craftsmanship) and the two together exceeded my budget, he was very kind to work a discount for the diamond/setting combo so it worked with my numbers. Plus Leon moved up its completion date so I can have it in time for my vacation. :appl:

It'll be set in LM's Princessa solitaire - but I consider this a temp setting bc I really want a CVB antique inspired setting to "go" with the antique cut. That will need to wait now...

3.15ct antique cushion
GIA cert
I color
VS1
8.41 x 8.57mm

https://leonmege.com/index.php/portfolio/loose-gems/gia-3.15-true-antique-cushion-i-vs1-006481-detail

It's being set so I don't have any pics yet besides the glamour shots below from his site. I will have the finished ring on or before July 17. Yay!

_31240.jpg

_31241.jpg

Reactions: AV_

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I am so excited for you! The diamond looks amazing! How wonderful that he is expediting the setting process so that you can have it for vacation! :wavey:

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Crystal!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone!!! Looking forward to see it set.
Do you have pics of the LM solitaire setting?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats that's a really beautiful stone. Is it a new old cut?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You had me at the profile shot. That stone looks magnificent. It looks so good that I want to eat it. :cheeky:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful!!! :love: Can't wait to see the finished ring.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone! :love:

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! It's profile is what sold me- I love that crown angle.

Arkieb1 - yes, it's a new old cut. It's Leon's True Antique cushion brand.

Acinom - I have a Princessa pic with a diff stone from a prior PS post. (Leon had three solitaires at the same price, one he called a traditional solitaire [I dont know what that one is], one was a Modern (uniform/same size 2mm rounded shank, no cathedral - I was torn by this and the Pricessa), and then the Princessa [1.5mm shank, tapered Cathedral mount].)

I went with the Princessa for the thinner shank size. I thought it complimented my bead-eye band better.

ETA: forgot the pic

_31247.jpg

_31248.jpg

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow! This is going to be so elegant, congrats!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a stunning diamond!!! I can't wait to see it set.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazingly beautiful stone!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful diamond UrsTx! Very exciting!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all!

Junebug - I have to be honest and tell you when you debuted your yellow pear, I was drooling so much it almost derailed me from my goal! I started picturing a yellow OEC or cushion or oval on my finger... But then I had to snap back to reality and remind myself that we've been saving up for this antique cut for a while now and if I don't stay on track, I'll end up back in square one!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Wow, love it! :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Absolutely gorgeous stone! :love: :love: :love: I know you've been patiently waiting for your recut (which I can't wait to see!) so I'm glad you will have something fabulous in the meantime. How wonderful to be able to get this before your vacation! Congrats UrsTx!!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How lucky to have a Leon as a temp setting! At least when you no longer need it you should be able to reset a nice gemstone into it or sell it and still get a fair price back. Congrats on the fabulous upgrade!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that setting!!! One of my favourites. How chique to have it as a temp setting. You might love it so much that you might not be willing to set it in a different setting. It's so versatile: it looks great as a standalone and will also be gorgeous with pave bands

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, just stunning! I look forward to more pictures in the future!

lisa1802

Rough_Rock
Stunning! What a beautiful, happy stone :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UrsTx|1434724714|3891308 said:
Thank you all!

Junebug - I have to be honest and tell you when you debuted your yellow pear, I was drooling so much it almost derailed me from my goal! I started picturing a yellow OEC or cushion or oval on my finger... But then I had to snap back to reality and remind myself that we've been saving up for this antique cut for a while now and if I don't stay on track, I'll end up back in square one!

Lol UrsTx, I know what you mean! PS presents too many options - seeing some lovely cushion diamonds recently on PS, including yours, makes me feel I should have gone with a cushion instead of my OEC - maybe someday…(but I doubt it ;( )

lemoncookie

Rough_Rock
Wow, I can't wait to see the finished ring; it'll be gorgeous! What a beautiful cushion!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone UrsTx!

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Well that "little ditty" is ditty-licious!!! :love: It looks beautiful. I can't wait to see it in its new temp setting!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!.. :love: :appl:

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for the nice words. I appreciate the positive vibes! :loopy:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous! :love:

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Thank ring is going to be a stunner!! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous :love: - there ain't nothing "little" about that beauty!! :bigsmile:

And such a classic design, too - Boston Jeff first introduced it to us here on PS? Your ring is going to be absolutely breathtaking IRL :sun:

It's so great to hear about a vendor working with a customer to make a dream piece come true ::) it sounds like Leon made this a wonderful experience for you! I'm so glade everything ce together in-budget, that's always such a fantastic feeling!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie - thank you so much for letting me know about Boston Jeff! I pulled up his old posts and just love his pics and reading about working with Leon. I appreciate it a lot!! I'm more excited to see my ring now :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results