shape
carat
color
clarity

So I bought some new stuff...

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
And the two Tahitian strands... 28 inches each n super colourful. Wasn't on my shopping list but I fell hard after trying them on.

Neck shots
image_1008.jpg

image_1007.jpg

image_1009.jpg

image_1010.jpg

Plus it was so nice to finally meet YC. We both went away with lotsa loots tho hers is more of the sparkly variety.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
That's quite a lovely haul, icy jade! I love the wSS studs with the little diamonds on the edge. SSSSoooooo pretty. :appl:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, once again I am sooo jealous of your picks Icy! They are glorious as usual. I really like the WSS with the diamond semi-circle mounts too. Very classy! And those strands are TDF. I love the mounts you found for your WSS drops too.

If you ever want to lead a tour of the Singapore show, let me know!!! I don't know how, but I'd figure out a way to get myself there!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
OMG, those Tahitians are gorgeous.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous loot, my favourite are the long dangly wssp earrings and the bean shaped wssp. :appl:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning pearls icy! The Tahitians are spectacular.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all your kind comments!
These pearls made me feel better about not being at the ruckus... :))

CMD: the fair really isn't very big so you probably don't need a guide but I'm happy to meet up with you if u ever pop by Singapore.

Re: the wssp studs setting, I wanted a bit of diamonds to easily distinguish it from my fwp studs. Plus I thought the little crescent of diamonds looks quite nice and it just happened to be the right size for the studs too (fits 11mm pearls) so I figured must be fated right?

Anyways realize that I forgot to mention their size:
Wssp studs: 11mm
Wssp drops: 10mm
Tahitian drops: 10mm n 8mm for the smaller pair
Tahitian studs: 11 mm
Tahitian strands: 8.1-10.3mm and 8.2-11.8mm
Wssp 'bean' is 13mm (by 18mm I think)

Bean reminds me of the Tiffany bean and I hope to set it as a pendant similar to its Tiffany counterpart but haven't figured out how yet
image_1012.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Stunning choices .. exactly what we have come to expect from you !!! Those drops and studs are stunners and the Tahitian ropes are beautiful ! Very colourful..I can see why you couldn't pass them by!

What company did these come from if you don't mind me asking. I've always assumed that the Singapore show was entirely wholesale finished jewellery so have never thought to go up for it...but it seems like you can find loose pearls as well?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
katbran|1470627602|4063442 said:
Stunning choices .. exactly what we have come to expect from you !!! Those drops and studs are stunners and the Tahitian ropes are beautiful ! Very colourful..I can see why you couldn't pass them by!

What company did these come from if you don't mind me asking. I've always assumed that the Singapore show was entirely wholesale finished jewellery so have never thought to go up for it...but it seems like you can find loose pearls as well?

Actually there are lotsa loose pearls and stones at the fair. There are finished jewelry too. For pearls, some of the sellers can set/string the loose pearls on the spot. In fact apart from the tahitian studs, all the other pearls were sold as loose pearls. Luckily one of the sellers (Raystar) brought along some settings and could drill and set them on the spot. Eiko also strung my strands on the spot.

Bought my pearls from the usual vendors that I've patronised in the past:
Wssp studs: 11mm - Eiko
Wssp drops: 10mm - Raystar
Tahitian drops: 10mm n 8mm for the smaller pair - Raystar
Tahitian studs: 11 mm - Angelina
Tahitian strands: 8.1-10.3mm and 8.2-11.8mm -Eiko
Wssp 'bean' is 13mm (by 18mm I think) - World Pearl Clinic / T.P.C

All the vendors are from Japan. There were pearl sellers from other countries but I so happen to like the pearls carried by these vendors. Golay only exhibits at the oct/Nov fair.

The fairs in Singapore can't compare to the Hong Kong fairs but they r a great option for locals plus they are open to the public.

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I bought a new necklace from the PP sale. Hopefully it arrives next week. Here is PP's picture:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Looks gorgeous! Looking forward to photos when it arrives!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that one! Post lots of pictures when you get it!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade|1445867288|3942215 said:
And my mismatched WSSP n tahitian pairs:

image_136.jpg

image_137.jpg

image_138.jpg

I don't think I've the budget for a design with loads of diamonds though, so I'm still on the look out for a simpler design.

And I finally managed to set them.

image_1044.jpg

The bottom pearls can swing and I really like this simple design. Here is the side view that shows the settings better in case anyone is interested

image_1045.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous earrings. Wow!!!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Wow stunning earrings icy!!

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
I love all your new finds and how you created beautiful jewelry :appl:

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful earrings icy_jade. :love:

Siameseroo and cmd2014 thank you for the kind words about the necklace. Here are the my real life shots where I worked to duplicate what the vendor captured. The necklace is a light subtle multicolor.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such pretty colors!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! Great luster, and the multi colors makes it unique. I hope you're finding yourself reaching for it often!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful! Lovely shapes and colours. How does it look in other lights? Do you love it?

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Icy Jade, absolutely gorgeous mismatch pair!

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
pearlsngems, cmd2014, and Siameseroo thank you for the kind words!

I have been on a buying spree. :oops: Besides the Tahitian necklace I posted earlier, I picked up two Tahitian bracelets recently. One from PP and another from Pearls of Joy. The bracelet from Pearls of Joy has great luster! I love the toggle clasp. :)

I also bought a necklace from Pure Pearls. The necklace is metallic lavender freshwater pearls. The pearls are AAA and 7.5 to 8 mm. The necklace is 22 inches. I’m happy with the color but I’m not sure about the luster. I think my expectations were to high. This is my first freshwater strand. Any thoughts are appreciated because I’m still within the return window.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I love that lavender strand! I really like rose overtones. I'd definitely keep it but of course it's what you think that counts. If you haven't yet, I suggest wearing it for a day then seeing what you think. More than once, my opinion has changed after living with the pearls for a bit.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I like the lavender stand! The pearls are nice and round. As long as you love the color, I'd keep them.

How do they make you feel when you wear them? That's how I decide.

madsciencechik

Rough_Rock
I'm not usually on this forum much, but this thread is just incredible!

Someday when I've got the budget, I'll be coming to you Icy for all my pearl shopping needs! :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
WOW. Where did you get the purple FWP strand?

My faves are:
5. A pair of loose Tahitian drops from Golay Singapore
8. "Wave" multi-colored Tahitian rope from Golay Singapore
Page 7: new bead nuked purple FWPs
Page 9: GSSP strand from Eiko - 10.2-14.4 mm oval with slight pink n green tones

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Icy - I have a question about that leather / tahitian bracelet. I was looking at them in HK and didn't buy them as I was concerned that the pearls would swing under the wrist and leave the clasp on top. Do you find that to be the case or is it something that just needs to be quite fitted so it doesn't move? I'm really interested in what you think.

collier

Shiny_Rock
They are all beautiful! You have a great eye. Personally, I'd like to see your whole collection in a group shot or in sets...
Just saying, eye candy

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You have a stuning collection! I really love you blue baroque drop earrings! To die for!
I have a little collection, nowhere near as glamorous as yours, but I'm working on it and pretty happy with what I have so far.
3 sea of cortez pearl pendants my favorite being my Cosita preciosa blue sea of cortez pearl pendant.
1 Japanese kusimi pearl pendant.
1 Vietnamese blue baroque akoya strand from PP
3 Tahitian keshi pearl necklaces
3 Tahitian pearl necklaces
I used to be on the fence about pearls. I bought 1 item and was automatically addicted! All my beauties were acquired within the last year starting February 2016.

20170228_7.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
The annual Singapore International Jewelry Expo (SIJE) took place 21-24 July last month and as usual I bought a couple of things.

Group shot:
image_1003.jpg

And the uniquely colored wssp that I've nicknamed 'bean'
image_1006.jpg

For closure, just wanted to update that the bean was set a few months ago and it is now a fav in my collection. Think the simple design makes it really easy to wear.

IMG_4908.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results