shape
carat
color
clarity

So I bought some new stuff...

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
The GSSPs were the unexpected buys from last year's fair. When I saw the oval at the fair I just had to have it cos it looked so gorgeous, and then I had to get earrings to go with it. I've not managed to capture the correct color, nor its overtone and orient in my pics but I think you can see glimpses in some of them.

When I saw the dew settings on PP's Facebook 'First Look Friday', I wanted it for the GSSP drops. I like that it gives a nice movement to the earrings.

image_2535.jpg

image_2536.jpg

image_2537.jpg

Argh, the pics are turning turtle on me again.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your haul is amazing! Can't wait to see the rest!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
And then when I was at Golay to pick up my earrings, I couldn't resist doing some shopping and ended up with these:
5. A pair of loose Tahitian drops from Golay Singapore - 11.9 mm (by 13.3/6 mm)
6. Another pair of smaller loose Tahitian drops from Golay Singapore - 9.6 mm (by 10.5/7 mm)

I absolutely LOVE the larger pair of drops. The colors are stunning IRL as hopefully you can see from the pics. I included some photos with the peacock drop strand from PP (#1) so that you can see how gorgeous the colors are. These are not edited, straight from iPhone 5 camera pictures. And the colors on the drops are not even overtones I think, but actual body color so the pair looks stunning even in crap lighting. You can see their (not matching) overtone in the pic taken of the bottom of the drops.

With the peacock strand from PP:
image_2539.jpg

image_2542.jpg

The bottom of the pearls:
image_2544.jpg

I was taking photos of my new earrings and got distracted by the stunning colors of the loose drops...
image_2545.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So having picked up such a wonderful pair of Tahitian drops, I spent some time thinking about the setting and eventually decided on detachable diamond huggies. Then of course I need a set of different types/colored drops right?

So when went back to Golay to check out some new stocks and do some personal shopping for a few PS-ers, I eventually ended up with:
7. A pair of loose GSSP drops from Golay Singapore
8. "Wave" multi-colored Tahitian rope from Golay Singapore - 7 to 14 mm

The pair of GSSPs caught my eye immediately but the price made me pause. But I eventually caved to their beauty.

image_2548.jpg

Pictured here with my other goldens:
image_2546.jpg

image_2547.jpg

=======

Ok, pause for breather and to bed. To be continued. :snore:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Look at the pink and green overtones on those beautiful goldens! :drool:

Well done, icy! Thanks for the eye candy.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
My goodness, it's a good thing (for my finances) that I don't live close to Pearl stores. Those Tahitian drops are amazing!!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything is just stunning!!! I wish I lived close to a Golay store too!!! (although, I'd be constantly broke if I did). Those are
A-MA-ZING!!! :love: :love: :love:

I LOVE the finding for your GSS pendant! Where did you find it??? The dew drop earring settings are perfect for the earrings too. And those tahitians! OMG!

I'm also DYING to see your Russian doll loose pearl and how it turned out.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Icy Jade, those new larger Tahitian Drops are stunning ... as are your new GSS ... and well, everything else :) Yep, you could be my personal shopper, anytime, anywhere LOL!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are just too pretty to be upside down:

icy_gss_pendant.jpg

icy_gss_trio.jpg

icy_gss_earring.jpg

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Beautiful matching on both Tahitian drops. Did you match them yourself or did the supplier?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Oh my. Those golden pearls. WANT!!!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Icy -- I think the golden drops and the large T drops are my favorites. Superb. Sublime. Stunning.

Sigh...............

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Icy jade, the GSS and Tahitian drops make me drool. I was looking for a nice pair of Tahitians at the show but did not find anything to my liking. Or rather my friend bought the pairs I liked. :doh:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Icy, I just can't believe the quality and luster on all of your new pearls. Over the top! Help me to Golay.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for liking my drops! These are selected from loads of pearls n I'm quite a luster freak as you probably can tell. Not all the pearls from Golay have mirror finish or such amazing colors. Let's just say that I paid for the quality of these drops... (Cough cough, looks shamefully at feet)...

I'm replying on my dinky phone so I'm gonna quote one at a time...

cmd2014|1416588857|3787997 said:
I LOVE the finding for your GSS pendant! Where did you find it??? The dew drop earring settings are perfect for the earrings too. And those tahitians! OMG!

I'm also DYING to see your Russian doll loose pearl and how it turned out.

The finding for my GSS pendant was customized. I just found a pic and the jewelry workshop came up within the final design.

I'll post the doll later cos I only just got the pearls a few days ago and haven't had time to take pics/wear them.

And thanks again for flipping my pics! You are so sweet! :)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Pearlescence|1416596384|3788089 said:
Beautiful matching on both Tahitian drops. Did you match them yourself or did the supplier?

Erm I'm not quite sure which matching you mean so I will answer both ways.
- the t drops were sold as separate pairs ie matched pairs
- I matched both sets myself as initially I thought to set them as double dangles since the colors are matching.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
YC|1416620493|3788296 said:
Icy jade, the GSS and Tahitian drops make me drool. I was looking for a nice pair of Tahitians at the show but did not find anything to my liking. Or rather my friend bought the pairs I liked. :doh:

Which day did you go to the fair? Think for such fairs best to go on the first day. "Cheong ahhhh". Haha.
Did you see those amazing SSP at the Eiko booth? I nearly died when I saw some of the strands (and the prices too, haha).

Was quite disappointed some of the other jap vendors didn't come this year. I also almost bought some natural white akoyas but held back since I'd already spent so much.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
icy_jade|1416643107|3788394 said:
Pearlescence|1416596384|3788089 said:

Erm I'm not quite sure which matching you mean so I will answer both ways.
- the t drops were sold as separate pairs ie matched pairs
- I matched both sets myself as initially I thought to set them as double dangles since the colors are matching.

I did mean the initial pairings - they are superb matches..the sort you jump up and run around the room with a smirk on your face when you spot it, rather than a pretty good, okay, just about,ish.( Am I allowed by PS to give a round of applause to whoever did the pair matching?)

And you did too, to match up the pairs for a possible two drop so applause to you too <claps>

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Those are absolutely brilliant pairs ! The gold and the Tahitians are stunning ! That is how you match pearls !! Well done .. hope you left a few to put on Santas list !!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1416643492|3788397 said:
YC|1416620493|3788296 said:

Which day did you go to the fair? Think for such fairs best to go on the first day. "Cheong ahhhh". Haha.
Did you see those amazing SSP at the Eiko booth? I nearly died when I saw some of the strands (and the prices too, haha).

Was quite disappointed some of the other jap vendors didn't come this year. I also almost bought some natural white akoyas but held back since I'd already spent so much.

I was planning to 'cheong' on first day but the plan was derailed by a meeting which lasted into the late evening. :angryfire: I went on the second day instead. Guess some of the good stuff were gone then. The loose pearls were so-so only and my friend bought what I felt were worth getting.

I had no time to check out the other shops by the time we completed our purchase at Golay unfortunately........

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Pearlescence|1416645620|3788409 said:
I did mean the initial pairings - they are superb matches..the sort you jump up and run around the room with a smirk on your face when you spot it, rather than a pretty good, okay, just about,ish.( Am I allowed by PS to give a round of applause to whoever did the pair matching?)

And you did too, to match up the pairs for a possible two drop so applause to you too <claps>

Haha, I'll give a flying kiss to whoever did the initial match. I did wonder as well when I first got the pair how many thousands of pearls the wholesaler (?) had to sift through to find a match like this. They are so so gorgeous IRL. :love:

Nah I don't deserve any applause at all. Am just really lucky to see pearls like these. They are the sort of pearls you see and immediately grab when you spot it. :cheeky:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
YC|1416659119|3788461 said:
I was planning to 'cheong' on first day but the plan was derailed by a meeting which lasted into the late evening. :angryfire: I went on the second day instead. Guess some of the good stuff were gone then. The loose pearls were so-so only and my friend bought what I felt were worth getting.

I had no time to check out the other shops by the time we completed our purchase at Golay unfortunately........

It's ok, we have next year's fairs (and some time to start saving up!).

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

I don't have this strand yet as it is being strung with orbit clasps from pp. But I took some pics in the office when I dropped off the clasps. The wave strand looks far better IRL than these crappy pics taken under office lighting. I really didn't intend to buy any Tahitian strands this year as I'd earmarked the pearl funds for a WSSP strand. But I was totally smitten after I tried it on.

Here are some neck shots in the Golay office:

Mock lariat style:
image_2557.jpg

Doubled:
image_2558.jpg

Light box under office lighting:
image_2559.jpg

At the fair (GSSP drops on top):
image_2560.jpg

I'll take more pics when I get it back. Plus examine the colors more closely. I was told that this strand has some rare colors but I'm not sure which particular pearls/colors are rare other than blue. Anyone here who can help to identify the rare colors? I'm really curious!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade|1416667624|3788488 said:

I don't have this strand yet as it is being strung with orbit clasps from pp. But I took some pics in the office when I dropped off the clasps. The wave strand looks far better IRL than these crappy pics taken under office lighting. I really didn't intend to buy any Tahitian strands this year as I'd earmarked the pearl funds for a WSSP strand. But I was totally smitten after I tried it on.

Here are some neck shots in the Golay office:

Mock lariat style:
image_2557.jpg

Doubled:
image_2558.jpg

Light box under office lighting:
image_2559.jpg

At the fair (GSSP drops on top):
image_2560.jpg

I'll take more pics when I get it back. Plus examine the colors more closely. I was told that this strand has some rare colors but I'm not sure which particular pearls/colors are rare other than blue. Anyone here who can help to identify the rare colors? I'm really curious!

oh. my. word. -that strand is just gorgeous. I can see why you were smitten. If you EVER want to part with it, please let me know. I am totally in love with it. :love: :love: :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Pinkjewel: umm. I don't think I will but if I ever change my mind I will let you know! 8)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I'll move on to the other stuff that I got from my local jewelry show:
14. A circled Tahitian pendant - 16 mm set in WG with 0.46 carats of diamonds, with adjustable (length) WG chain

The pendant was an impulsive buy, but I've a weakness for circled Tahitians n mirror luster almost always gets me. :oops:

image_2427.jpg

image_2428.jpg

image_2429.jpg

image_2561.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I'll end the day with the pair of silver Tahitian studs (9-10 mm) that I won. I'm treating these as my lucky studs since I usually have no luck in lucky draws. :lol:

image_2562.jpg

image_2563.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! :love: :love: :love: So much eye candy!!! Love love love that wave T strand, the gSS drops, and that last T pendant!!! Congrats again!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: Waving to that FABULOUS WAVE strand ... just Fantastic!!! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results