shape
carat
color
clarity

So, here's something I'd like to chat about

amyek

Rough_Rock
I own the asscher cut leuco garnet Peter Torraca cut and I *believe* MTG owned? I have it set and wore it to get my nails fixed the other day. I was under the "gel light" and noticed my leuco glowed pink/orange. WTF? Thoughts?

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Would be nice to see the ring. :D

austinj

Shiny_Rock
Ok I have no idea about the flouro, but dear god it is the stone in your avatar?!?! If so I need stats and pics immediately if not sooner!! :mrgreen:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a link to an article discussing pink orange fluorescence in leuco garnets, scroll down about mid way down the page.

http://www.gemstonemagnetism.com/garnets_pg_5.html

Copied the relevant paragraph:

"The three Leuco Garnets pictured below contain manganese and chromium/vanadium in such low concentrations that little or no color is apparent. Yet these gems contain enough chromium (from mixing with Uvarovite) and manganese (from Spessartine) to fluoresce orangey pink under UV light. Most of the Leuco gems tested in our study - whether colorless, faint green or faint orange/yellow - show strong fluorescence under long wave UV light. Fluorescence in Leuco Garnets with a faint orange tint is primarily due to manganese, while fluorescence in gems with a faint green tint is primarily due to chromium."

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
no help to you at all but I love fluorescence :love:

amyek

Rough_Rock
The stone in my avatar is the 5.01 ct. pink spinel I got from Lori. Jeff White cut it. I will try to take pics of my leuco set with Yugo sapphires. It is yummy! :)

amyek

Rough_Rock
Here you go

img_15689.jpg

img_15690.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uncommon but yes, some garnets will fluorescence. :))

austinj

Shiny_Rock
Wow if no one else has called dibs yet for if you ever sell your asscher spinel.. DIBS! That thing is calling my name i swear ;-). Your leuco garnet is really cool! Thanks for the pics :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

hehehe ^^ Ditto! ;-)

Did you take any pictures when your garnet glowed? That'd be pretty cool to see. Thanks for sharing pictures of the ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results