shape
carat
color
clarity

So help me find the 3 mil gift!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I really wanted was Little Rivers gorgeous halo studs but the vendor she used is not a preferred vendor. They are the perfect size and price but no go.

Choices: find other earrings similar( can go up to $1500 right now , hers ran $750), get the best possible loose diamond to save for my son to upgrade later when he proposes in a year or two (which I would use now for something, G-H, SI1 ok) , or split the money for my dil and daughter to each get something nice for themselves.

What would you do? Other ideas???

LittleRiverHalos1.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GOSH I LOVE THOSE HALOS!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a preferred vendor.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just checked WF's selection and while they don't have anything just like BGD's halo earrings they have some very pretty earrings and they do have halo's that you purchase separately from the studs. If you have studs you can add the halos. Here is their list of earrings just in case you're interested:

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/search.htm

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I would get a 100% upgradable diamond which you could trade out for any future larger diamond, then have it sent in one of daniel M's $50 sterling pendants. Makes the most financial sense to me.

ETA- Congratulations you Lucky McLuckerson!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looked at Whiteflash and they have some really gorgeous "A Cut Above" earrings that are mighty tempting. Also some some pretty halos at Mark Broumand. Anyone have a suggestion for a loose stone?

slg47

Ideal_Rock

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say get something for yourself-you're worth it, and you won fair and square! Your son can buy his own e-ring stone! :cheeky:

I like the Blue Nile earrings Circe posted, and Blue Nile does coupon codes for 10% off pretty often. I just searched and it looks like you can get 10% off select jewelry purchases with the code BNACC11. http://www.retailmenot.com/view/bluenile.com

WF ACA studs with their jackets would be gorgeous, too!

I can't wait to see what you get!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go on Leon Mege's site and take a look around. He does work for H. Winston and makes the closest rings to the actual Winston.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1314573155|3003920 said:
Go on Leon Mege's site and take a look around. He does work for H. Winston and makes the closest rings to the actual Winston.

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread.

April, get yourself something. I agree that your son can get his own engagement ring.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd call ID and see what they can do for you.

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Congrats AprilBaby! BGD's website says the earrings are supplied by an outside vendor. Wonder if IDJ could get them for you?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, this will be a fun thread to watch! I absolutely love those halo earrings. :love:

I agree with Gypsy. You should treat yourself with the gift money.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm loving those jA earrings. And I can also check with wink. Great ideas so far! On the other hand, I love to give gifts!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1314575947|3003968 said:
Gypsy|1314573155|3003920 said:

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread.

April, get yourself something. I agree that your son can get his own engagement ring.

Ditto regarding your son

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
The earrings will be diving! I agree - you deserve this gift...I hope you get something for yourself!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for earrings for yourself.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Definitely treat yourself! The earrings are lovely, and I think I'd do the WF ones because you could switch the jackets out and use them with colored stone earrings.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby, I hope you will find something that you love!

But I just wanted to say that I am also a mother and I delight in giving jewelry to my daughters! I would certainly be happy to help my son with a diamond as well. So I just wanted to tell you that I get it!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
You earned it, get yourself something! IF you love those studs, I am sure one of the other vendors can come through for you.

Jaded Gem

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Ame, get those beautiful stud diamond earrings. Those are really lovely...great taste! :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the halo studs are a perfect gift for you.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh fantastic taste! love the halo studs!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results