shape
carat
color
clarity

So grateful to Victor Canera and Jeff White for my new sapphire resets!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Life has been beyond busy, and I have been ridiculously remiss in posting some projects that have spanned the last year or two (and in some cases even longer!), but I am determined to play catch up, if only to give credit where it is tremendously due! I will start with two stupendous sapphire resets, as their completion set the stage for some of the other projects! I love the way these projects turned out, and I truly cannot thank Victor and Jeff enough for making these beautiful sapphire resets a reality!

First up, I want to introduce my newly reset sun-star halo ring! So as some of you may remember, some years back Victor created this ring for me, which I adore beyond words! It originally featured one of my favorite stones, an incredible 2ct CER. And I have to say, that ring was truly a sea of sparkle! However, over time I noticed that I was perceiving the stones as more of a consolidated whole (almost as a “diamond doily” of sorts) which didn’t allow me to focus in on the center stone as much as I wanted to. I have always loved sapphires (which also happen to be my husband’s birthstone, so there is a sentimental aspect to this as well!), and it dawned on me that a sapphire center stone would provide a stunning contrast with Victor’s amazing halo that would allow me to appreciate each exquisite, hand-forged detail in this incredible piece! (And as a bonus, pursuing this reset would allow me to repurpose the 2ct CER for another coveted project!) I let the sapphire idea incubate for a while but once it took hold it continued to gnaw at me for quite some time, so I finally decided to go for it!

Of course, the next hurdle was finding the right sapphire! I contacted Jeff White with the dimensions of the original center stone, and he offered to keep his eye out for suitable rough in a velvety blue hue. This was my first time working with Jeff, whose glowing reviews gave me every confidence, and he did not disappoint! After sifting through quite a few sapphires he identified a stunning contender and snagged it! He recut the stone so beautifully, and when I saw it in person I couldn’t get over it! I shared my reset idea with Victor, who generously offered to perform the reset. And the result is everything I hoped it would be! This piece now has a “depth” that I was craving, and the beauty of this luscious blue sapphire is showcased so perfectly by Victor’s extraordinarily exquisite and awe-inspiring halo masterpiece. :love: I find myself staring at each intricate lace-like detail, and I am continually amazed and inspired by the enormous talent that his pieces represent!!

Okay, on to photos! I am including a few “before” photos as well just so you can see the transformation. I tried my best to capture the perfection of each minute detail of this ring…
the halo has a mystical quality that is unspeakably beautiful!

First, a few photos of the original ring:

IMG_1456.JPG IMG_1460.JPG

And now, introducing the sensational sapphire reset!

IMG_3422.JPG IMG_2713.JPG IMG_3423.JPG IMG_3420.JPG

Last edited:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The second reset has a similar backstory. Some time ago Victor created a Grymera trilogy for me with E VS modern rounds, which I loved! But I soon found that my perception of the scintillation ran together a bit and I felt like the center stone was getting lost in the shuffle. And I realized that what I *really* wanted in a diamond three-stone was a trilogy of OECs with their distinctively broad, colorful flashes… so I knew exactly how to repurpose the 2ct CER from the sun-star halo!

I found myself itching for a sapphire center for this stunning trilogy. I reached back out to Jeff, and once again he delivered an incredible velvety blue sapphire! The original center stone was 7.7mm, and based on the rough, Jeff initially thought that the stone might be a bit too small once it was cut (he estimated 7.1mm), but in the course of crafting this magnificent sapphire he was able to conserve an amazing amount of the stone and the finished sapphire came in at 7.53mm! And it is just jaw-droppingly gorgeous! Victor graciously offered to set this new stone for me as well, and I truly can’t say enough about the incredible craftsmanship that this piece represents. I adore the graceful woven wire profile and the tri-wire shank, and I absolutely LOVE the contrast between that deep blue sapphire and the E-color side stones! There is a carefree, almost effortless “flow” to this design, yet I recognize that its creation represents tremendous artistry and effort. The original Grymera masterpiece with all MRBs was every bit as stunning as this current rendition, but somehow it feels as though this beautiful ring now features the exact combination of stones that it was meant to hold.

In terms of specs, the center sapphire is 7.5mm and the side stones are 5.7mm, thus a 76% ratio, and it is a size 5.75 for reference purposes. (I also took a few photos with it on my left hand, as that makes the photography side easier, and for the sake of full disclosure, that finger is a size 5.) My photographic attempts truly do not do justice to this piece, but I hope they give you a sense of it all the same!

Here are the glamour shots of the original ring:

vic 12.jpg vic 1 2.jpg

And here it is with its newly-set sapphire center!

IMG_2813.JPG IMG_2898.JPG IMG_2899.JPG IMG_2926.JPG IMG_2807.JPG

Last edited:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both are absolutely stunning; I’m not surprised that you’re thrilled!

Tigerlilyrosepetal

Shiny_Rock
The second reset has a similar backstory. Some time ago Victor created a Grymera trilogy for me with E VS modern rounds, which I loved! But I soon found that my perception of the scintillation ran together a bit and I felt like the center stone was getting lost in the shuffle. And I realized that what I *really* wanted in a diamond three-stone was a trilogy of OECs with their distinctively broad, colorful flashes… so I knew exactly how to repurpose the 2ct CER from the sun-star halo!

I found myself itching for a sapphire center for this stunning trilogy. I reached back out to Jeff, and once again he delivered an incredible velvety blue sapphire! The original center stone was 7.7mm, and based on the rough, Jeff initially thought that the stone might be a bit too small once it was cut (he estimated 7.1mm), but in the course of crafting this magnificent sapphire he was able to conserve an amazing amount of the stone and the finished sapphire came in at 7.53mm! And it is just jaw-droppingly gorgeous! Victor graciously offered to set this new stone for me as well, and I truly can’t say enough about the incredible craftsmanship that this piece represents. I adore the graceful woven wire profile and the tri-wire shank, and I absolutely LOVE the contrast between that deep blue sapphire and the E-color side stones! There is a carefree, almost effortless “flow” to this design, yet I recognize that its creation represents tremendous artistry and effort. The original Grymera masterpiece with all MRBs was every bit as stunning as this current rendition, but somehow it feels as though this beautiful ring now features the exact combination of stones that it was meant to hold.

In terms of specs, the center sapphire is 7.5mm and the side stones are 5.7mm, thus a 76% ratio, and it is a size 5.75 for reference purposes. (I also took a few photos with it on my left hand, as that makes the photography side easier, and for the sake of full disclosure, that finger is a size 5.) My photographic attempts truly do not do justice to this piece, but I hope they give you a sense of it all the same!

vic 12.jpg vic 1 2.jpg

Your two rings are now my favorite! So beautiful!!!

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Both your rings are exquisite! :kiss2: The before rings were already beautiful but the new reset rings are absolutely out of this world. Enjoy in good health!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Wow the sapphires pop & are just so beautiful!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love your three stone! Perfection on your hand. Lets see your VC collection photo! You have so many beauties...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They turned out beautiful! The blue of the sapphires is gorgeous and they look stunning in their new homes!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, both sapphire rings are so beautiful and the stones just pop! Can’t wait to see what you do with the removed diamonds!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous resets, such beautiful blue sapphires!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, these are stunning! The blues are so gorgeous!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are absolutely perfect!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing and beautiful. Enjoy them!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phew. So much stunning beauty in one thread. Had to sit down. You know how much I straight up covet your Grymera. If you ever decide to let it go, I want to be first in line. :loopy::lickout: Congratulations @carbonfan. Patience and wisdom always wins.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh SO beautiful! Double the pleasure!

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous sapphires - gorgeous repurposed settings!! Enjoy!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful! The sapphire is amazing!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Those sapphires are cah-razy:love:
Both mountings are amazing, but that wire work is obscene it's so gorgeous.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! The colours are amazing!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock

That sapphire!!!! Stunning!

vic 12.jpg vic 1 2.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect shades of blue!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Such beautiful rings! I love the color of the sapphire and the settings are so elegant.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow - these are both spectacular. Just delicious colors on those sapphires and the VC settings are other-worldly!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was waiting for another post to see if you had also set the CER! That will be an incredible ring!

These are just fabulous! The halo ring is by far better with the sapphire! It really does allow the setting to be better seen. And what a gorgeous sapphire! I honestly would be so afraid to do a custom cut sapphire because of a past experience, but your sapphire is really outstanding! A three stone with sapphires has always been on my wish list, and I think that was a perfect choice for the center for your three stone setting!

Now show us some more of your projects! And please include a picture or two of all your custom pieces! I love looking back at your threads but it would be nice to see these in one picture or one thread!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats with your stunning resets! The sapphires are gorgeous (such vibrant and glowy colours) and the beauty of Victor’s designs is even more distinctive. Enjoy wearing these beauties!!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Drool-worthy! Congrats to such gorgeous rings.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Holy moly! Those sapphires are intense! I agree, the sapphires really add dimension to both pieces. Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results