shape
carat
color
clarity

So frustrated, yet excited.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Well some of you may remember that I was thinking of resetting my ering. Well I finally made the decision to go for it and trust my instincts. I went from a very thin band with .48 carats of diamonds in it to a very standard, very thick, cathedral setting. I wanted something to show off my stone better and that would compliment my wedding band. Sometimes I felt it got lost and I prefer a chunky, thick look to a dainty look. Well I placed the order, shipped my ering to be reset and have been waiting patiently to get my ring back. Well finally, it is complete and being shipped tonight Fed Ex from CA to MA. It will be here in the am. The problem is my hubby has a meeting and needs to leave very early in the morning and I do as well so we are going to miss the package... does Fed Ex accommodate for that if I call them? Or am I out of luck? I really want to post some pics to show everyone that was so helpful but I guess they will have to wait until Wednesday..
7.gif
15.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Yay, can''t wait for pics!! As for FedEx, I certainly wouldn''t allow them to just release it and leave it on your front porch. Maybe they could hold the package at the FedEx hub and you could pick it up later tomorrow. Otherwise, just wait the day (I know it''s hard), but it will come before you know it
1.gif

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Here’s another thought. Hmmmmm…. work… play hooky….work….play hooky

No contest! Dilemma solved!

Jean

Shiny_Rock
I know. I wish I could play hooky, my boss would kill me..
7.gif
( Very important meeting, otherwise I would....

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see this ring! It''s so hard waiting...!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Playyyyy hoooookkkkyyyyy
9.gif
11.gif
! What''s a big meeting got on your new ring, anyway, lol! Especially when we PSr''s are dying for pics, ha!
35.gif

Patsmom

Rough_Rock
You should contact FedEx. You can reach them 24/7 and in some cases they can re-route your package to work and you can accept and sign for it there. They can usually do this if you do not work too far from your home. Give it a try.....what can it hurt, they say No.

Good Luck - I look forward to the pictures, as I am contemplating doing something like you have done.

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
OOOooo I just love the thick solitaire look.... I would have to see if they could bring the ring to your work so that way you wont have to wait any longer for it.
1.gif

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Good news!! My hubby came home at 11:30 and 2 minutes later the Fed ex woman arrived. Talk about perfect timing!! YEAHHHHHHHHHH... ok so I got the ring.. and I am very pleased.. love the size of the band and I honetly do not think it makes the stone look smalller. At first in the box it looked smaller but then when I put it on it looks large... and my wedding band compliments it so well. I have taken some pics but they are blurry. Does anyone have any tips for taking closeups of the ring????

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Use the macro setting (usually looks like a little flower), take it outside so there''s plenty of light, and don''t use the flash. Can''t wait to see!

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Here is one... new computer. Learning new photoshop...

Shana.jpg

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Another...these are the best I can do with my crappy camera

peanut.jpg

Jean

Shiny_Rock
I am going to take some more...... but in case anyone is wondering. The setting is 5.5mm, 14k white gold and my diamond is a radiant, 1.20 carats, g color, eye clean si1. My wedding band is channel set, rounds, 11 diamonds, .77 carats also in 14k. Ok, I am going to try and take more pics before it gets dark here.... in mass is gets dark at about 4pm in the winter, sucks...

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Another in the window

monson.jpg

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Ok, last one, unless I get bored tonight while hubby is playing tennis..... thanks for looking and to everyone that was a big help in assisting me pic out a new setting.. Cheers and happy holidays

benny.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s lovely!!! And I''m so glad you were able to get it today!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! The stone really pops with that wide band, as well. Just lovely...and great to get it a day early!!

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ... now that I have worn it for a few hours, I am much happier with this setting, It is way more me :)

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Here is another, I am getting better at this..
emotion-5.gif

john.jpg

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Ok I swear this is the last one for now...

shanajean.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
oooooooohhhh, lovely!!! I love wide bands. Currently having a widish solitaire ring made and thinking of channel set wedding band to go with it, so thanks for showing us yours! I love lots of shiny metal. I think your stone looks huge in that setting.

Congratulations!

a

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Angeline, thanks!!! I am happy with it. I have noticed on here that very think settings, solitare are not the norm and I am sure why some people are wondering why I went from a thinner band with diamonds to this, but I felt that my diamond got lost in the other setting.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love your set...the wide band e-ring is so complimentary to the channel set band!!!!
30.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I think the new setting really suits your WB! Nice choice! I''m glad it all worked out.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Shana Jean, I love your new e-ring! It looks great with your wedding band! I think you made a great choice (Although, as a wide band lover myself, I may be slightly biased)!
9.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful reset! I think it matches really well with your channel set band.

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone, and thank you for the kind words. The new setting will hold me over for about 5 years when I convince my hunny to let me upgrade my stone .. :)

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, I really like the new setting! Would love to see some close up shots!

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Jfo... thanks!!! It was rainy and cloudy here all day today so I did not get a chance to play around outside. It is going to be 55 here and sunny on Thursday so I will give it a shot!! Hopefully I willl have some better pics to post.... thanks for looking

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results