shape
carat
color
clarity

So excited!!! We upgraded again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay many of you know that I just got a new stone from WhiteFlash after my other shallow stone no longer made us happy any longer. Well during the whole upgrade time, we were kicking around ideas. I know that I talk a good game about not necessarily wanting the best clarity and color and all that..and everyone knows that I want a bigger diamond and I am OBSESSED with diamonds. However, secretly I felt like my G VS and especially this H SI stone was just completely lacking in terms of *quality*.

So, many of you may be shocked....but we just decided to upgrade the diamond again! I had a substantial nest egg from a family fund a few years back that had alarge amount of money in it which we never really touched. Because we are doing so well with our new house and the wedding is all paid for etc...Greg agreed that I could use that nest egg to get myself the diamond I REALLY secretly wanted but was afraid to ask for.

So we just closed the deal with WhiteFlash on this stone!!!!

D VVS2 2.18 A Cut Above Hearts and Arrows SuperIdeal !!

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-500270.htm#

The price is steep, but it's SO worth it. The numbers are hot and the images are unbelieveable..as should be! I have no regrets and hopefully neither does Greg. I am keeping this 1.29 new stone that I just got and having it set into a pendant and for the time being, WF is setting my new monster stone into a Fine Line by Le Solitaire setting for a few weeks until I can re-ship back my engagement ring for them to re-vamp.

Hopefully I won't get too much flak for upgrading to D VVS when I talk down about overspending all the time. I agree that you can go SI and lower color if you need to. However...I really just wanted more for my engagement ring. I will of course post pictures and all that when it arrives, I was just SO EXCITED that I could not wait to tell everyone and show the WF pictures.
1.gif

The new stone and setting comes tomorrow!

YAY!!!

bling

Shiny_Rock
Holy smokers!!!!! 6-9 months eh....NOT! congrats and congrats again...the stone is a pure knockout... im definitely jealous, but so happy for you at the same time!
1.gif
and with this one, theres not much room for improvement, so I think this could be your stone. 2+ cts...eeeehh....so fantastic..
i guess ill just keep on wishin and dreamin'....congrats again..and may it bring you lots of happiness!
appl.gif
9.gif
10.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh boy could I let ya have it....
resisting
resisting
Wow mara didnt get a 3ct when she could have.
resisting
resisting
Congrates!
You knew I couldnt help razing you a little didnt you?

bling

Shiny_Rock
oh..i forgot to ask..will you have it for our little bay area get together...i soooo want to see it! hope so!

Charmed

Shiny_Rock
Mara,

This post doesn't sound like the Mara who posts on here so I may be wrong but...... is this an April fool's trick????

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes! Where do upgrade from here!? I'm really glad to hear that you got the stone of your dreams for your e-ring. Everyone should think that their e-ring is really special and have no reservations about it. Congrats! Can't wait to see the pictures.

PS: I will seriously be mad if I see a message next week that you upgraded again!
2.gif

Icicles

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! I love near flawless stones and would not settle for anything less than D/VVS for my rings either. Even tho you can't see the difference inclusion-wise, you *know* it's there! You'll love it!
appl.gif

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 4/1/2004 7:36:05 PM Charmed wrote:

Mara,

This post doesn't sound like the Mara who posts on here so I may be wrong but...... is this an April fool's trick????

----------------

Now I'm totally confused.
confused.gif

bling

Shiny_Rock
wait....someone just brought up a good point..is this an aprils fools joke..if so, you totally got me..if not, im still jealous....
twirl.gif
wink2.gif
loopy.gif

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
So that blank AHA post was meant to be a response to you MARA!

I knew I wasn't theonly one who coveted D colored stones. I love mine. And I love that it's a VS1 that should have been a VVS2.

Good for you honey!

Now, I need to save money to get a 2.5ct. princess-since we all know those run smaller for the carat weight!
1.gif

And thanks for the help. I still have to look at your choices for the earrings! Work, work...

Jenibear

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 4/1/2004 7:36:05 PM Charmed wrote:

Mara,

----------------

Mara, could this be similar to me trading in my 3c for a 1c d/if at Tiffany's?
wink2.gif

Geez, guys. What day is it? Thanks to the asute Charmed!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a stunner! I need to keep buying the lotto tickets, LOL!

Congrats...please show us pictures when you get a chance!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HA HA HA!!!!!!

APRIL FOOLS!!!

It didn't take very long for you guys to get it. I knew F&I would get it.
9.gif

Yeah I WISH I had a nest egg lying around with $45k in it that Greg would just 'let' me spend on a friggin diamond. IN MY DREAMS.
2.gif
But it sure was a nice dream.

I looked around on WF's site for a while trying to find something believable and yet unbelievable. Man is that stone smokin...DROOL.

And of course the D VVS doesn't sound like me. I LOVE my H SI (but it could be 2.18....hehee).

Sorry for the cruel and unusual torture...I had to do something!
1.gif

bling

Shiny_Rock
this is cruel...someone..please do tell what we should believe...hahaha...its killin' me! i love it!
9.gif
naughty.gif

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
You seriously had me going for a while until I read Charmed's post. I was trying not to be too jealous and excited about seeing pictures at the same time.

Well, what can I say? I totally fell for it!
14.gif

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Oh darn.

I was supicious, but hopeful because I really wanted to see that monster on someone's hand.

Oh well. I'll have to wait for someone else to buy it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea thanks ALOT Charmed! Smarty pants!

I wanted to see how long it could be drawn out. HEHEHEHE.
2.gif

BTW Storm...I'm so impressed at your willpower. Hehee.

bling

Shiny_Rock
totally got me...
2.gif
but i dont doubt the size will be on her finger sometime soon..maybe not the D vvs..but a 2+ ct..yes...for sure. good one mara!! thanks for the end of the work day fun...
appl.gif
naughty.gif
9.gif

Diamond Hunter

Rough_Rock
Mara, please check your IM or email- thanks!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
MARA! Dman! I seriously had a small heart attack when I saw that beast...for a small moment I was living vicariously there, and I suppose I should put the cork back int eh champagne bottle, eh? MY LORD WOMAN! *trying to breathe*

You're good...*shakes head*

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,
I think you should read my post again and wonder if I would use that much restraint if I believed your post :}

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wow.... very impressive diamond.
Congratulations.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Your right it is April first. Hmm

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Got me too... and of course I responded without reading any of the other posts.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I knew when I saw the title of this thread that it had to be an April Fool's joke.

When I saw the D, VVS part, I thought, "Oh no, Mara, you made it too obvious that it's a joke!"

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha well not everyone knows me SO well Patty.
2.gif

WhiteFlash didn't have anything else I could have really used to my advantage...this one was the perfect combo of everything I wouldn't buy in terms of color/clarity/price...I figured some would figure it out and others would not.
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!! I was going to post and say congrats.....when I secretly wanted to say how CRAZY I thought that was!! I would never spend my nest egg on that!!! Unless I win megamillions!!!
1.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
How funny! I thought that it was odd that you would choose a D color and a VVS2 in a 2 carat versus a 3+ carat G SI stone! Then, after sulking
15.gif
momentarily, I checked the price and I knew that it was an April Fool's joke on me
21.gif
. Very good one!
10.gif

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
OH Mara!!!
That was mean! Little naive me believed you in a heartbeat!!! I was positively drooling, waiting for more eyecandy from you!! LOL

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha the scary thing is that people knew it was odd that was I looking at D VVS but no one blinked at the 2c. And most of you were secretly thinking...what happened to the 3c and why didn't she go lower to get it? I guess you guys really DO know me! Onwards to the dreams of the 3c!
9.gif
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results