shape
carat
color
clarity

So excited!!! New stone from Dan!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been waiting patiently for months for a stone this color [I became addicted after seeing that beautiful color here!]

And the time has come -- it will be mine!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

178NeonRnd.jpg

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

That cut and color....woweee! Can''t wait to see it set!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2009 7:20:31 AM
Author:karee888
I''ve been waiting patiently for months for a stone this color [I became addicted after seeing that beautiful color here!]

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Congratulations Karee,
That''s a very pretty tourmaline. Please take pics when you get it. Did Dan mention where the stone came from? It looks Afghani, which if the case, typically is a nice bright stone.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 7:28:16 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 5/18/2009 7:20:31 AM

Author:karee888

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Congratulations Karee,

That''s a very pretty tourmaline. Please take pics when you get it. Did Dan mention where the stone came from? It looks Afghani, which if the case, typically is a nice bright stone.

I will take TONS of pics, no worries! But it won''t be till mid-June. Torture!!!!!!

This is what he had to say about it --

"It''s what I''d call a neon blue-green, and actually may be one of those Nigerian copper bearing stones, though I can''t be sure of it. This tourmaline has an additional row of 16 facets on the bottom. It weighs 1.60 carats and measures 7.03mm. It''s quite a stunner. Also, it is very nearly flawless."

D-R-O-O-L!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds great. If it''s a Nigerian copper bearing, those are very nice bright stones as well. Congratulations again!
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty stone and looks to be very bright as well. I can't wait to see your pictures.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow - both cut and color look amazing!! Mid-June seems so far away....
39.gif

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 8:18:45 AM
Author: cellentani
Wow - both cut and color look amazing!! Mid-June seems so far away....
39.gif
THANKS!!! Mid-June IS far away! But....

I''m almost halfway through my trip already, wow! It''s been pretty productive and I can''t believe I only have a little over 3 weeks left!
36.gif

I have a TON to take pics of once I get home....
31.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Love the colour.
30.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE this color! So pretty and vibrant. I can''t wait to see your pictures of it!
30.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous!
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Karee, I love that stone. What a beautiful cut and color. I can''t wait to see pictures. Do you have an idea how you will set it??

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 10:07:30 AM
Author: Linda W
Karee, I love that stone. What a beautiful cut and color. I can''t wait to see pictures. Do you have an idea how you will set it??

Thanks, everyone! I am in love with it!

I actually don''t know. Since I just found out it''s mine, I haven''t had much time to think about it!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to best showcase it?
33.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Halo or bezel. I know, I''m not very creative.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 10:30:43 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Halo or bezel. I know, I''m not very creative.
white gold?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enclosed setting. As for metal colour, I''d wait until you get the stone to see it yourself. I find it difficult to judge without any colour reference.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous! Can''t wait for pics!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW I can''t wait to see your photos of it and hear your description of it''s color. NEON sounds wonderful.
9.gif

Why do you think an enclosed setting? It there something about it that needs to be protected?

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like its going to be a stunner!
36.gif
Can hardly wait to see more pics!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone doesn''t need protection but I suggested an enclosed setting to beef up the glow factor.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Girl I swear - you are always one step ahead of me! Didn''t you get a stone I was thinking about in Barry''s last drop? Now this one. I got word from Dan that I was 2nd in line. Then I got word that the first person took it. I had a feeling it was a PSer. Dang it!!!! How do you do it? What time zone are you in????

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 12:35:51 PM
Author: Chrono
The stone doesn''t need protection but I suggested an enclosed setting to beef up the glow factor.
ooh, i had no idea that bezels would do that!! perfect!!

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 12:43:33 PM
Author: hoofbeats95
Girl I swear - you are always one step ahead of me! Didn''t you get a stone I was thinking about in Barry''s last drop? Now this one. I got word from Dan that I was 2nd in line. Then I got word that the first person took it. I had a feeling it was a PSer. Dang it!!!! How do you do it? What time zone are you in????

oh no!! sorry
7.gif
i almost fell over when i saw the ''cutting now'' rough because it''s EXACTLY what i''ve been looking for for months.

i have no idea...i just checked his site when i got up in the morning. i''m typically in central time, but for another month, i''m in whatever time zone amsterdam is in [i have NO clue!!]

sorry again....with the exception of something i''m getting from gemrite when i get home, i am DONE for awhile!!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 1:04:17 PM
Author: karee888

oh no!! sorry
7.gif
i almost fell over when i saw the ''cutting now'' rough because it''s EXACTLY what i''ve been looking for for months.

i have no idea...i just checked his site when i got up in the morning. i''m typically in central time, but for another month, i''m in whatever time zone amsterdam is in [i have NO clue!!]

sorry again....with the exception of something i''m getting from gemrite when i get home, i am DONE for awhile!!
I''m in Central Time too. I had a busy weekend but I was trying to check his site. And yes I too about fell over when I saw the rough. My concern was what shape it was going to be. But I sent off an email. Hmph. Oh well. I will keep looking. :)

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 1:13:48 PM
Date: 5/18/2009 1:04:17 PM

Author: karee888

oh no!! sorry
7.gif

I''m in Central Time too. I had a busy weekend but I was trying to check his site. And yes I too about fell over when I saw the rough. My concern was what shape it was going to be. But I sent off an email. Hmph. Oh well. I will keep looking. :)
this one is pretty and a similar color:

art cut gems tourmaline

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Very nice size too. Can''t wait until you get it
36.gif

Y

ydiamonds

Congratulations! I asked about this one too and was too late as well. I did get the new pink tourmaline though. Yay!

By the way, WF told me they won''t bezel tourmalines because they are soft, though other jewelers might. Anyone else have experience with bezeling tourmalines? I wanted to bezel my stone too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a local jeweller bezel a peridot even though it is pretty soft as well. I guess it depends on the confidence and experience of the bench person in dealing with various gemstones.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that color looks fantastic!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the color. It looks like a real beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results