shape
carat
color
clarity

So effin frustrated! Please help select a setting!!

sgil09

Rough_Rock
I am struggling between a solitaire or three stone, and also between a Verragio or Tacori!

If I opt for solitaire the I will probably go with a 1.5 Ct, G-H, VS1-VS2

If I opt for a three stone then I will probably go with a 1.3 Ct, G-H, VS1-VS2

What setting looks best to you???

Thanks!!

2565RD9_multi_zoom.jpg

PARADISO-3061R-enlarged-751.jpg

2637RD65_multi_zoom.jpg

PARADISO-3002R-enlarged-685.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you seen any of them in person?

ETA: out of what you posted I like the last tacori the best. That is the only one I've seen in person though but it was absolutely stunning!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My personal preference is the third Verragio, though I would request more delicate prongs (i.e. claw style). The Tacori is pretty too. The first two Verragio were too much for my taste. Go with your gut. If it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. Ditto to Mrssalvo...seeing a setting in person can make a huge difference.

sgil09

Rough_Rock
I have. Since a few are very different in look, its hard to compare. I actually like them all, so now its just determining which she would like better. I usually trust my judgement, but for this purchase I am starting to question myself. So I am seeking some additional opinions. I would like the ring selection to be a surprise so I dont want to ask my future fiance. Also, in hinting about, she is fairly undecided as well in terms of overall preference.... ugh!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
my pick is for the last Tacori, but maybe revisit them in person and see what you like the best?

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I like the last Tacori the best, but I'm not a huge fan of 3 stone rings, like to get all the carat weight into one diamond. All are beautiful, obviously! I'd just want a bigger center stone, y'know? :naughty:

One thing that might help is to think about the wedding band (assuming this is for an engagement ring) that your SO would want. If you have a band in mind, thinking about how the two would look together could help. Good luck!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last Tacori. But I would be afraid to buy ANY of these unless she had seen them and indicated that she loved them. I'd get the diamond and set it in a plain temporary setting for the proposal and reset later if you are not sure what she wants. I would be happy to have the Tacori but would be mad if my husband spent that much on the Verragio without knowing if it was my top choice!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, first you can reassure yourself that you are not going to make the wrong decision, because I imagine whichever setting you choose, she will love it.

Now, I would figure out the following things in this order to help decide which setting is best.

1. Solitaire or three-stone? Do you know what she prefers? If not, I think a solitaire is the safer choice.

2. If you opt for a solitaire, decide if you want to go with a straight shank (Verragio #2) or a twisty shank (Tacori #2). The straight shank seems like the safer option for me, since I believe the twisty shank is a more unique choice, and thus doesn't appeal to everyone as much as the more traditional shank. If you don't know which she prefers, I'd go with Verragio #2.

3. If you opt for a three-stone, the biggest decision I see there is whether you want to go with more of a channel set look (Verragio #1) or a pave look (Tacori #1). While Tacori #1 does have a bit of twisty shank action going on, it isn't as pronounced as the solitaire, and thus not as dangerous of a choice. I think the look of the channel set bands in the Verragio is the one that will appeal to fewer people in general. (I know this particular setting isn't technically channel set because there are bead prongs b/w the RBs, but they still have that channel set look to them.)
The other element that is most different between these two three-stone settings is that the Verragio is more ornate in the profile, while the Tacori is more ornate from the top view. They're both really detailed, of course, but consider which she'll appreciate more.

SO:

- If you don't really know which elements she'll prefer, I would go with Verragio #2 because it is a solitaire with a traditional straight shank, and thus seems like the safest option of the choices you provided.

- If you want to go with the three-stone, I would go with Tacori #1 because it seems like the design that will appeal to more people of the two choices.

All that being said, my personal preference is actually for the 2nd Tacori setting because I prefer solitaires over three-stones, and I think the Tacori has more elegant lines than the Verragio solitaire and has a more delicate look overall.

One final thing--I get the feeling that you at least know she prefers a very ornate ring, is that right? If you *don't* know that, I think these are risky settings because they all have a lot going on. If it's the case that you are shopping blind, I would put most of your budget into the center stone and get a simple solitaire.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is not much visual difference between a 1.3ct and a 1.5ct, so I would opt for the Tacori three stone.

But only if you know she will like that style. I would personally want my husband to forgo both designer settings and get me a 1.7ct diamond 8)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the last Tacori setting also.. very pretty.. with a 1.5 in that setting...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto everything Haven said.

They're all very ornate settings, with the same pros - if she likes elaborate detail they're lovely, designer name, and cons - designer price, high-maintenance.

The Verragios with the scrollwork under the band will make the diamond look smaller from face-up (since the substantial band is apparently that much wider) but have beautiful profile views. Band won't sit flush with any of them, I don't think.

All depends on what she likes!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have tried on all of those rings in person and have to say they are all beautiful. I don't think the Verragio will make the stone
look smaller because it is set pretty high as opposed to a ring with the stone set as low as possible like Leon does. The bit of
height compensates for the slightly wider band.

My personal preference would be the Verragio. I just think it is a prettier ring-but that said-they are all beautiful and you can't go
wrong with any of them.

I prefer the three stone Verragio, and if I was going for a solitare I would go with a Verragio that doesn't have the double row of
pave with the scroll work on the inside.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The problem with the Verragio to me is that if you wear a wedding band with it, you totally cover up the side view. I really think looking at the ring from a regular view at your hand, the Tacori will make more of an impression. You really don't get the full effect of the Verragio when it is on a finger because so much of the decoration is on the sides!

stci

Ideal_Rock
I'm always worry about the comfort of this type of ring. I'm affraid they stick in the skin and hurt with the time. Someone could tell me about this please?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I like the last Tacori best, it does not take away from the center stone.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
stci|1305252966|2920283 said:
I'm always worry about the comfort of this type of ring. I'm affraid they stick in the skin and hurt with the time. Someone could tell me about this please?

I feel the same way, stci! The ring in my avatar <---- I can't wear very much because the shared prong shank starts to bother my other fingers. But, my new bezel band from Whiteflash is fine since it's pretty flat/low to my finger and also between my plain shank e-ring and plain 2mm wedding band.

sgil09

Rough_Rock
Thank you to all for the insightful comments. It has certainly helped a lot and at the very least has given me the right set of questions to ask myself. I am going this afternoon to view all the settings again and probably make a decision. She definitely wants something "different" and likes the more ornate style that is offered by both designs. I’ll provide an update later this evening.

I was also curious about comfort...maybe someone has a similar ring and can comment?

Thanks again!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck with your decision!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the second one - it's ornate but the band doesn't look uncomfortable. I think either a 1.3 or 1.5 diamond would look marvelous in it. All the settings are very pretty though so I don't think you can go wrong whatever you pick.

sgil09

Rough_Rock
Thanks again! Ok, getting closer. Upon looking at them again, I narrowed it to the Verragio solitaire or the Tacori three stone. The consensus here was the Tacori solitaire, however, I think the band is a bit exaggerated with the twisted shank, and I think the head is a bit large and clunky. I think the picture above is a lot my flattering than the ring in person. I attached actual pictures of the two rings I am now deciding between. Any additional thoughts on preference?

Thanks

photo.JPG

photo2.JPG

photo3.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still like the Tacori better. But please be sure to stress that you do not want the center stone set high. Medium or low is fine, but the last picture looks like the stone may be set too high.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I like the last one. All the settings have a lot of detail so I think a solitaire is a cleaner look for that style.

sgil09

Rough_Rock
Yeah, agree on the setting of the center stone. These actually arent set, we simply placed a diamond to get a feel for the look.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
between those two, I would go with the three stone, because personally I do not like the two bands (are those knife edge?) on the Verragio.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47|1305561395|2923059 said:
between those two, I would go with the three stone, because personally I do not like the two bands (are those knife edge?) on the Verragio.

I think it is just 2 rows of pave with a shiny strip in between. I think most of the expense of the Verragio design is hidden to all but maybe the wearer on the Verragio. The top of the shank of the Verragio isn't all that appealing to me. But I just like Tacori designs better overall.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results