shape
carat
color
clarity

So... does this ever happen to you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So when you are at work all day and the only interaction you get is on PS or through email (because you avoid most of your co-workers), where you can censor and edit-- do you find yourself muttering your 'true' thoughts under your breath?

Let's just say my cube-farm area is full of mutterers. You hear things like: Yes, I'd love to take on the work of three more people-- all of it not in my job description, because you are such a terrible project manager that everyone who reports to you has quit. YAY me!

If you really listen. Cause most of the time you don't, cause you, yourself are muttering.

SO anyway... every once in a while, right afterwork I kinda forget to stop muttering, and to turn my filter back on.

Example: Went to a pasta stand place for a quick bite to eat and this 14 year old cashier with entirely too much eye makeup on asks us what we want to order. There is a HUGE order board menu behind her that lists what the items are, and what's in them. So I pick some dish and she says, "would you like me to tell you what's in that."

And, remember no filter, I look at her and it just pops out, "No, thank you. I've mastered reading."

Embarrased the crap outa my husband. So badly he ordered something he hates, and didn't realize it until he went to pick up our orders (not a service restuarant, more like pasta fast food).

So... I gotta remember to turn that filter back ON.

Is it just me???
emembarrassed.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehe! That made me chuckle.

I don''t see many people as I am at home with James and home schooling one of my daughters. I think I talk a little too loudly when I disapprove of something when we are out.. like if I see a girl with a really short skirt on I will say ''Hey look - she is almost wearing a skirt'' or ''What has she come as?''

My husband is way worse than me. He has no filter at all. He is always embarrassing me.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
My filter is basically on OFF right now. I embarrass my DH all of the time in public....I think it may have something to do with the steroids I''m on for my Lupus. Whatever!
9.gif

Lori

meresal

Ideal_Rock
OMG Gypsy!! I just spit my food out. I have the worst story!!!

I have horrible days at work, and I "mutter" ALOT to myself about my old boss.

FI and I went to the theatre, then met up with some friends at a local joint for a few drinks. Well by the time we got there, we said all of our "Hi, Great to see you!'s" and I had to go to the restroom. Mind you it was almost midnight when we arrived so everyone else in the bar was quite "happy" at this point.

Well, my friend and I are standing in line to use the restroom... and this drunk girl comes and stands behind us with her obnoxiously drunk friend and says,
"Are you all waiting for the restroom?" I was texting another friend at the time, and my reply without missing a beat, "Well, we're not standing here for our health."

Gypsy, I didn't even look up from my phone. I saw a stall door open out of the corner of my eye, and walked right over. When I came out, this other random girl commented on how cute my skirt was, and as we were leaving I told my friend how odd it was for her to compliment me in a bathroom. She looked at me and said, "I think she was probably scared of you." After the blank look I gave her, she almost feel to the floor in hysterics. I had no idea people heard me!! Not to mention I barely remembered saying it... no filter at all!!

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Filter?
23.gif
We''re supposed to have filters?

I think mine needs changed.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
What filter?
9.gif

I live by the Fried Green Tomatoes philosophy.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAHAHA! I''m so glad I''m not alone.

Merasal, that''s totally something I''d do.

John is terrified of me as an 80 year old lady. And he should be!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
OMG yes. I do this. All the time. Most of my friends understand my mutter and are okay with it. Random folks.... sometimes I get into trouble!!!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Yep, I''m a mutterer.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Ha, I try to maintain my filter in *public* (this is LA and you never know who''s carrying a gun, after all
6.gif
), but my husband and friends know the real me all too well. And I''m finding it harder and harder as I get older to keep the snark and muttering to myself.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too funny!!!! I bet that girl felt pretty dumb. And probably called you a couple of choice words after you''d left.
3.gif

I don''t usually have need for a filter, my snark usually doesn''t come to me until I''m out of the situation.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Funny stories! I have one from last weekend ... we were at one of those warehouse super stores w/ all the sample stations & people crowded everywhere & ten year olds grabbing handfuls of cheese etc. Well my DH & I were going down an aisle and this couple was blocking the entire way squeezing eggplants or something -- we waited for a few seconds because it looked like they were about to move on, but nope! So instead of "excuse me" ...or "can we pass through" or anything reasonable like that

I

start

Beeping.

Like a car horn.

I honked at a woman. With my voice.

My husband whirls around at me with fire in his eyes! And the couple is AGOG ... jaws slack ... bovine.

And I''m all "I''m so sorry ... sometimes I can''t find the right words ..." kind of chuckling at my own idiocy ... and she says, mercifully, "Yeah, that happens to me too ..."

END SCENE ... Deep Bow.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...I''m usually pretty good at remembering my filter, but my major exception would be when I''m in pain or just completely fed up (or both). It doesn''t happen often, but my husband says I can just wither people when I get like that, so I try to keep a lid on it. But once I get going...
27.gif
11.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 3:59:29 PM
Author: decodelighted
Funny stories! I have one from last weekend ... we were at one of those warehouse super stores w/ all the sample stations & people crowded everywhere & ten year olds grabbing handfuls of cheese etc. Well my DH & I were going down an aisle and this couple was blocking the entire way squeezing eggplants or something -- we waited for a few seconds because it looked like they were about to move on, but nope! So instead of ''excuse me'' ...or ''can we pass through'' or anything reasonable like that

I

start

Beeping.

Like a car horn.

My husband whirls around at me with fire in his eyes! And the couple is AGOG ... jaws slack ... bovine.

And I''m all ''I''m so sorry ... sometimes I can''t find the right words ...'' kind of chuckling at my own idiocy ... and she says, mercifully, ''Yeah, that happens to me too ...''

END SCENE ... Deep Bow.
I''ve done this, Deco!!!!!
Just a little "Beep, beep" with a smile. But... the reaction to it is funny. Only with teenie boopers in like Old Navy though.

Anyone else get the (HORRIBLE TERRIBLE) urge to make the ''large truck backing up sound" everyonce it a while. I''ve done it. But um, only as a joke.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 3:59:29 PM
Author: decodelighted
Funny stories! I have one from last weekend ... we were at one of those warehouse super stores w/ all the sample stations & people crowded everywhere & ten year olds grabbing handfuls of cheese etc. Well my DH & I were going down an aisle and this couple was blocking the entire way squeezing eggplants or something -- we waited for a few seconds because it looked like they were about to move on, but nope! So instead of ''excuse me'' ...or ''can we pass through'' or anything reasonable like that

I

start

Beeping.

Like a car horn.

And I''m all ''I''m so sorry ... sometimes I can''t find the right words ...'' kind of chuckling at my own idiocy ... and she says, mercifully, ''Yeah, that happens to me too ...''

END SCENE ... Deep Bow.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I have no filter... I forget to mutter.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so bad with this. It's not even funny. In FLA I was behind someone in the supermarket, the aisle was very narrow. The person was moving very slowly. I was muttering like could you go ANY slower. She turned around and glared at me. OMG, I died.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have absolutely NO filter! Those of you who have met me in person or via virtual means can attest to this fact.

Gypsy-I would totally do that, you're not alone!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 4:17:49 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I am so bad with this. It''s not even funny. In FLA I was behind soemone in the supermarket, the aisle was very narrow. The person was moving very slowly. I was muttering like could you go ANY slower. She turned around and glared at me. OMG, I died.
6.gif
9.gif
Kaleigh, that''s hilarious.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Deco... resorting to the sounds of inanimate objets, that wins the prize in my book!!
9.gif
LOL.

Kaleigh- That is hilarious!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
OMG this thread is hilarious - but I''m like musey, I always think of what I SHOULD have said hours later. Darn it.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Um, suffice to say that filterness less has gotten me threatened with gun violence and beat downs in LA, lol, so yeah, I sometimes struggle to filter. SO does not approve and gives me horrible looks, but I will not be surpressed! I love talking trash, been doing it since I was like 11!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
LOL

I try to keep my filter in place, because it generally isn''t worth making trouble.

And, I am very good at being trouble, if I want to be, and if it is worth it.
6.gif

In the end, I have to say, I really like you, Gypsy!!!
9.gif

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I am so guilty of this. My husband usually will gently remind me that I am using my "inside" voice. The poor man, I embarrass him.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 5:50:28 PM
Author: BizouMom
I am so guilty of this. My husband usually will gently remind me that I am using my ''inside'' voice. The poor man, I embarrass him.
That is too funny!

Deco- Luckily I had nothing in my mouth at that moment when I was reading yours. It would have been all over my computer screen.

I don''t really know if my filter is on or off. I am kind of oblivious to things I say. I know I talk a lot of trash in my head, so often times I''m not sure when it stays in or slips out. Oops, I guess I should work on that.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 5:50:28 PM
Author: BizouMom
I am so guilty of this. My husband usually will gently remind me that I am using my ''inside'' voice. The poor man, I embarrass him.
21.gif

ROFLMAO. I embarrass mine too. My thoughts can be very catty, or snarky and man... when they leak it is not a good thing.

I''ve still got images of Deco Honking. I call using the horn ''beeping" so the word ''honking" gives me visions of ticked off geese...

angry_goose_14apr2007.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I love these stories. I don''t think I have a "no filter" problem. I''m just b*tchy
27.gif
11.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Lol, I do this all the time. Luckily, DH finds it hilarious.
9.gif

We have this awful client who stares at women so insolently that we find it extremely insulting. Anyways, I was crossing the room and I noticed him turning around so rapidly to leer in my direction that his chair squeaked. The next thing I know, I hear myself telling him "I keep expecting you to fall out of your chair and break your neck each time you do that". lol The ladies in the room thought it was hysterical. He didn''t though.
3.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been dealing with people that don''t have any filters at all for years. The number one most talked about thing with these people is my weight. I call it diarrhea mouth. I''m always so amazed at how they don''t take a minute to just think before they say something.

So I''m very aware of what I say before I say it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results