shape
carat
color
clarity

So disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
My hen weekend is planned for the 15th of May and 20 of us are going to do a Murder Mystery weekend. I checked with our programme board in college and was told that our exams would be finished on Fri 15th May but we just got our timetable and we have an exam on the 16th. I don''t know what to do now. If the hotel could do it I''d like to change it to just the Saturday night but I don''t think they''ll do it. So upset as I was so looking forward to it
39.gif
39.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Oh man bee*. I''m sorry! I hope that you can get this sorted out and I hope that the hotel is understanding. Fingers crossed!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
That''s terrible! I''m so sorry. If you explained your situation, do you think your prof would let you take the exam early?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, no! I second the idea to ask to take your exam early.
So sorry, bee*.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
I know college rules can be strict, but since the program board said they would be done by the 15th - and you made plans based on that information, do you think you could ask to take the exam early?!?

This might just not be doable at all, in which case I am so sorry this happened to you, but I would at least ask if they can do anything for you. Maybe even forget to mention it is a party weekend and just say you made important plans
2.gif

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
Oh how sucky! I agree with the other posters though - check to see if you can write your exam early. It isn''t usually a problem, people from out of town do it often so they have more time for the holidays (fall semesters), it''s not like you are asking for an extension.

Give it a try, as the worst they can say is no.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw bee! That sucks. I hope that they''ll work with you!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Sorry bee. I really hate when stuff like that happens...
14.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Aw, that really sucks.
8.gif
8.gif
I hate it when scheduling doesn''t work out the way you want. Such a bummer. I hope they''ll let you take it early.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much everyone. I was talking to the guy in the programme office again and there''s nothing that they can do. They''re not flexible at all over here in terms of changing exams. I just can''t believe how unlucky it is that they put it on that day. I''m waiting back to hear from my sister who is ringing the hotel so hopefully we can work something out. Thanks again!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh no I''m sorry Bee*, that''s crap. Who puts exams on a Saturday anyway?! Maybe you can rally the troops and if enough aspiring vets complain they''ll stick to their original promise
2.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 2:09:00 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Aw bee! That sucks. I hope that they''ll work with you!
ditto bee*. Good luck!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why is there an exam on a Saturday anyhow?

I hope your sister can get it changed with the hotel. The murder mystery sounds fun!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
14.gif
<---- this is how I felt reading your post! I really do hope things work out 'cause the murder mystery sounds like fun - truth be told, I've always wanted to participate in one too. Keep us posted, Bee*

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Awwww Bee, how disappointing. Fingers crossed that they can change the date for you.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Oh no, that sucks!! Hope the hotel can change the dates for you!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 4:06:14 PM
Author: Porridge
Oh no I''m sorry Bee*, that''s crap. Who puts exams on a Saturday anyway?! Maybe you can rally the troops and if enough aspiring vets complain they''ll stick to their original promise
2.gif

My uni did that all the time it would suck major big time.

Bee that really bites I hope the hotel can do something for you there should be enough notice to change *fingers crossed*

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Bee*... any updates on what the hotel said???

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Gosh that stinks!
20.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I really hope the hotel can work something out for you guys!!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Oh bee i''m so sorry! I really hope the hotel will be able to change the date for you.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks a million everyone for all your posts! My sister (MOH) rang today and the hotel said that they can give me the weekend after if we want. This would be great only I''m not sure if everyone will be able to go so sis said that she''s email everyone and see if they can. Otherwise if the hotel will allow it, we''ll try and do it on the Saturday on the original weekend and just have one night instead of two. I just feel so bad for messing everyone around as I know how hard it was for all my friends to get days off work.
Stupid stupid exams. They go on for two weeks and there is nearly always an exam on the middle Saturday but never the Saturday at the end of the exams (until this year of course
29.gif
). Unfortunately they said that there would be no change to the timetable. Just so annoyed about it.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
OH NO! That stinks, I hope there is a way to work around this!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks tlh! I''ll let you all know as soon as I hear anything from my sister.

glueck

Shiny_Rock
What an enormous bummer. OF COURSE you are disappointed! Looks like you might have some options. Hopefully your gals can work out the change in plans. (Sounds like a fabulous hen event!)

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Bee*, that''s great news about the hotel. I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you that your girls are able to make it the weekend after. Stupid, stupid Saturday exam
14.gif
Continue to keep us posted.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
It stinks your friends will have to try and change their days off from work, but I''m sure they''ll gladly do so!! They want to celebrate with you, as much as you want to celebrate with them!!

I''m glad the hotel was so flexible. I''ll keep my fingers crossed that everything works out for you, and please keep us updated!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks again girls! No new updates-sister said that she is onto it and that she will let me know when it''s sorted. My family are so super relaxed so when I rang them panicking they couldn''t understand why I was stressed at all, they just said sure we''ll sort something out. It comes in good for situations like this.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Aw bee that''s a right mess, I''m sorry they''ve messed you around like that. Your friends sound like a lovely bunch though and I bet they''ll do all they can to free up the second weekend so you can have the full two nights.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you
1.gif

The murder mystery weekend is a great idea for a hen!!! I love it!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Deslter! Good to see you around again!

My sister should be hearing back from the hotel today about doing the one night which I think I''d nearly prefer so hopefully they''ll allow us. At least that way everyone will save some money as well. I''m keeping everything crossed till I hear from them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results