shape
carat
color
clarity

So confusing!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DNA_Cyan

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

another nOOb here.

I am finally starting to shop for a diamond, and will prolly take another month or 2 before i actually purchase one. (gotta do my research)

:bigsmile:

anyways a few questions.

I have been looking through a few sites, and the Ideal-Scope site. It seems that it is possible for an ideal cut (ie Hearts & Arrows?/Brilliant Rose?) to have lots of light leakage.

How is this possible? To qualify as a H&A or BR diamond, aren't the stones supposed to be cut to certain specifications? I dunno....maybe like the crown angle has to be a certain angle or something. If all these diamonds are cut according to specs, and given equal carat size, colour and clarity (but colour and clarity does not play a big part in brilliance anyways) won't two stones have similar brilliance? If the stones arn't properly cut, then why should it qualify as H&A / BR ??

Or are the light leaks from the nature of the stones itself.

BTW, are H&A diamonds equal to AGS000? Does AGS0 also mean AGS000? Can a diamond be H&A and not be AGS0/AGS000? and vice versa, can a diamond be AGS0/AGS000 and not be H&A? Where does BR fall in this category??

I just ordered my Ideal-Scope today, so hopefully, I can start getting more of an ideal on how diamonds work.

Sorry for the multitude of questions, and looking forward to your replies =)

:wavey:

DNA_Cyan

Rough_Rock
I found answers to some of my questions........

"Most H&A look better than most AGS 0’s
The best are said to have AGS 0 ratings, but there are beautiful H&A’s well outside the AGS 0 range
Not all AGS 0 stones display H&A
Not all H&A are Ideal Cuts"

How about my other questions??

AGS 0 versus AGS 000??

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
"BTW, are H&A diamonds equal to AGS000? NOT A NECESSITY Does AGS0 also mean AGS000 YES USUALLY BUT IT IS NOT ACCURATE - 0 FOR IDEAL CUT, 0= D, 0 = FLAWLESS ?
Can a diamond be H&A and not be AGS0/AGS000? YES IT CAN BE AGS 5

and vice versa, can a diamond be AGS0/AGS000 and not be H&A YES MANY AGS0 ARE NOT H&A?

Where does BR fall in this category??
WHAT IS BR?
YOU MEAN ROUND BRILLIANT? All round cuts from past 80 years are round brilliant.

DNA_Cyan

Rough_Rock
ooppss....

sorry...I meant BR as the Brilliant Rose cut. Its the one with the 66 facets instead of 58.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Same rules as for normal brilliant cuts.

get the proportions because only a small % are ideal cut as I would describe the term.

You can check them out with the ideal-scope :)

DNA_Cyan

Rough_Rock
----------------

I have been looking through a few sites, and the Ideal-Scope site. It seems that it is possible for an ideal cut (ie Hearts & Arrows?/Brilliant Rose?) to have lots of light leakage.

How is this possible? To qualify as a H&A or BR diamond, aren't the stones supposed to be cut to certain specifications? I dunno....maybe like the crown angle has to be a certain angle or something. If all these diamonds are cut according to specs, and given equal carat size, colour and clarity (but colour and clarity does not play a big part in brilliance anyways) won't two stones have similar brilliance? If the stones arn't properly cut, then why should it qualify as H&A / BR ??

Or are the light leaks from the nature of the stones itself.

----------------

anymore info on the above??
:tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results