shape
carat
color
clarity

SO angry with myself...Now I need opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2006 8:16:10 PM
Author: Jaders731
Ok.. after spending four years with my now FI, who is an architect, I have learned to be somewhat of a stickler for details.
I really like the one without the border. My suggestion would be to get a cutting mat (I believe Fiskars makes them) and either a cutting wheel or exacto knife. Do them one at a time.. and just have a cutting party. it shouldnt take you too long.. but I think you would be happier with the end result. I really think if you are going to take the time to cut off the borders, that you should also invest in the correct tools to do it!

Good Luck!
First off, I do like the black border, which makes the whole thing POP against a fridge whether it be white, stainless, etc. However, I second Jaders suggestions of cutting mat and exacto knife instead of a paper cutting board/contraption if you''re really going to go after your heart''s desire here.

And honestly, in the end, how long are these going to stay on anyone''s fridge? Would you possibly be happy with just trimming down a few for yourself, family, and close friends to have as keepsakes, knowing the rest of your guests will probably be (to be blunt) trashing them at some point anyway? I know it''s a big detail to you, and understandably so, but ya gotta look at the bigger picture here too. Is it really worth it to you to spend how many hours cutting some trim you don''t like off 100 STD''s? Can you stand to send out some that are "perfect" and some that aren''t? Just a thought. HTH.
35.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 10:24:37 PM
Author: monarch64
First off, I do like the black border, which makes the whole thing POP against a fridge whether it be white, stainless, etc. However, I second Jaders suggestions of cutting mat and exacto knife instead of a paper cutting board/contraption if you''re really going to go after your heart''s desire here.

And honestly, in the end, how long are these going to stay on anyone''s fridge? Would you possibly be happy with just trimming down a few for yourself, family, and close friends to have as keepsakes, knowing the rest of your guests will probably be (to be blunt) trashing them at some point anyway? I know it''s a big detail to you, and understandably so, but ya gotta look at the bigger picture here too. Is it really worth it to you to spend how many hours cutting some trim you don''t like off 100 STD''s? Can you stand to send out some that are ''perfect'' and some that aren''t? Just a thought. HTH.
35.gif
Great idea!!

*M*

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I also like the border better. I think it makes the ''vintage postcard'' pop. Monarch has a great idea. Don''t waste your time trimming the magnets for your guests. I"m sure they won''t think twice about it. Besides, it sounds like you''ve got other things to handle. =) Trim a few to keep for yourself if you prefer. =)

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
hey fatafelice,

I understand being upset when things don''t turn out quite as you expected them to, but i honestly like the black border. the way that i see it, especially if you have the photo corners, is the black border looks like matting. i truly think it makes everything pop!

i love the biltmore -- went for a visit and had such a delicious lunch and wine tour at their winery!!!

ps: how id your dress coming along. that lace is gorgeous

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
ok I am total OCD too, and I would probably cut them, if it were me. yah, I''m a freak. I like it w/o the border. It looks more vintage. even if it''s not a perfect cut around, it will be unique, along w/the vintage thing.

if I was just sitting around at home one day watching a movie, I''d do it...

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
ummm...yeah i''m OCD also and i''d prob cut all the borders off. i like it better that way, looks more like a vintage postcard (super cute idea by the way!) but i do agree,if it come down to choosing the border vs unevenly cut borderless, i''d go with the border.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results