shape
carat
color
clarity

Snow Day!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No public transport is running affectively enough for me to get to work today! Oh darn, it looks like I get a snow day
1.gif
. I''ll have to post pictures later, it''s so pretty outside right now. It started snowing yesterday at about 2 pm and this morning it''s up 4-8 inches depending on the surface.

Oh, I used to LOVE snow days when I lived in NY! More than that I loved waking up and finding an email from the boss "We''ll be closed due to the weather today." Enjoy!

Enjoy!!! Cannot wait to see pix!
35.gif

I''m so jealous!! Hope you enjoyed your day!!

My cousin is in grad school and living in London. We grew up in NH, so snowstorms in February are a regular event. I think she expected to leave that behind though! Funnily enough, London in under 6 inches and it was 45-50 degrees Fahrenheit here today!!

I knew a big storm was brewing, Lorelie said they were bracing for it.

Any pictures??

Here's a few that DH took from around where we live in central London:

Along the river with Canary Wharf in the background...

n573075362_5718588_740.jpg

n573075362_5718589_963.jpg

n573075362_5718604_5098.jpg

beautiful!!!

I love this one where you can see across the river to the City - the Gherkin is just visible in the middle...

n573075362_5718610_6509.jpg

Last one... random greyhounds playing.

We rarely get snow in London, last time I remember snow like this was 1991...

n573075362_5718611_6766.jpg

Thanks, Pandora! Those are much better than mine. DH took the camera with him to work yesterday so I only got a couple of when we went out when he came home. Yours are great.

Date: 2/3/2009 9:24:05 AM
Author: Pandora II

Pandora!!

All of your photos are lovely! Really, I was going to comment just to say that. But, as a proud momma of two greyhounds and a self-described "greyhound lady", I have to say I was ever so pleasantly surprised to see this photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What gorgeous greyhounds!! They look so happy in the snow!! And, I love their coats!!

Love, love, love them!!!

36.gif

ETA: Are greyhounds very common in London?

Date: 2/3/2009 11:47:14 AM
Author: Loves Vintage

Date: 2/3/2009 9:24:05 AM
Author: Pandora II

Pandora!!

All of your photos are lovely! Really, I was going to comment just to say that. But, as a proud momma of two greyhounds and a self-described ''greyhound lady'', I have to say I was ever so pleasantly surprised to see this photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What gorgeous greyhounds!! They look so happy in the snow!! And, I love their coats!!

Love, love, love them!!!

36.gif

ETA: Are greyhounds very common in London?
Thanks - husband gets all the credit for the pics. I was safely tucked up indoors in the warm!

I adore greyhounds - they are pretty much the only kind of dogs I like. I was planning to get a rescue greyhound when I first met DH - I was going to call it Ptolemy and knit it lots of jumpers
9.gif
- but he is sadly hugely allergic to dogs, cats and horses.

Greyhounds are pretty common in London - although you see more of them in the North of England. Greyhound Racing is big here so we have a lot of retired hounds and hounds who weren''t any good at racing looking for good homes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP