shape
carat
color
clarity

Snoring, hmm?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

krispi

Shiny_Rock
It really stinks that we''re all having this issue, but I have to say that I''m so glad to know I''m not alone. For years, I thought I was the only one who was seriously bothered by the sound of snoring. (It really is the equivalent to fingernails on a chalkboard to me!) I can also relate to being irritable - apparently I''ve said some really mean things to my BF in my sleep. He''ll wake up the next morning upset at me, and I have no idea what''s going on!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s easy to get frustrated and angry when you can''t fall asleep because of the snoring dragon next to you. Sometimes I get so upset, I can see myself getting out the duct tape....
6.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
We have the same prob. Now w/ the baby I am way more alert at night and can''t sleep w/ him at all!

He had a sleep study - was mild apneic to none and doc. said it was a social issue.
38.gif

Nothing seems to work short of cutting his uvula (sp) or something.

We''re probably going to do another study b/c it''s getting worse and we sleep in separate rooms.

I can hear him down the hall w/ the door closed!
14.gif

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Chiming in with another snoring FI!!! I sleep with a fan on every night like krispi, it REALLY helps me sleep and drown out his noises. The one that really pisses me off is when I was up to him not breathing, so I wake up and get really worried and try to shake him so he breathes. But inevitably before I shake him, he starts coughing like crazy, which shakes the bed and REALLY pisses me off. So then I lay there in bed, furious with him for something he has absolutely no control over.

How is it that a better solution to snoring hasn''t been found yet??

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Haha I love y'all! I just wanted to say thanks for the snorer-survival support!
36.gif
I just feel sorry for him because I get so frustrated with him sometimes, and I know he can tell. But I try to be sweet and not be mean! I don't want to hurt his feelings, I know he can't help it.
5.gif
So I totally understand. Especially with what you're saying baby monster.
11.gif
11.gif

ETA: For those of you who use ear plugs or recommended them do they make them where you can still hear alarm clocks or fire alarms? I am afraid of not waking up.
33.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
there is a procedure using lasers or something on the roof or soft palate area of the mouth. this often collapses down during sleep and causes the snoring.

hubby seems to get quieter after being asleep for a few hours, possibly when he is in REM sleep or something? I just cannot always wait it out. It seriously is one of the most annoying things in this world!

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Sarah, though I don''t normally use earplugs because my husband uses a CPAP, I do use them on occasion (like when we went on a trip and he forgot to pack the CPAP). I''ve found that they block enough noise for me to get to sleep, but I can still hear the alarm clock in the morning. I just pick up the cheap foam ones at the drug store. I do find that after more than 2-3 nights of use they make my ears sore, but maybe there are other kinds that don''t.

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
My husband doesn''t snore too badly, but I can be a light sleeper so I get a much better sleep when I wear earplugs (we also live in an urban area, so the plugs help me avoid the noise -- I started wearing them because the stupid starlings in our area were getting confused by streetlights and would start chirping at 4am). Any way, I absolutely love earplugs. My ears are small, and I find the foam plugs very uncomfortable. The Mack Silicone earplugs are my best friend! I use them every night, but I still wake up when my alarm goes off and usually wake up if my husband talks to me. I highly recommend them -- I find them at Walgreens.

earplugs.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Thanks you two! I am going to try some!! I am a light sleeper as well if I am not extremely tired.
40.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 12:49:35 AM
Author: SarahLovesJS

ETA: For those of you who use ear plugs or recommended them do they make them where you can still hear alarm clocks or fire alarms? I am afraid of not waking up.
33.gif
I would hear the alarm eventually, but my hubby always turns it off right away. And I turn the ringer off on the phone, but I can hear the aswering machine come on.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can still hear everything with earplugs. Be sure to change them every so often because after awhile they don''t work anymore.

Linda

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
So my hubby has allergy related snoring! Usually it isn't bad and I make him sleep on his side, but if he is really congested it causes me no end of misery! I have found that some things help: He must carefully avoid all his avoidable allergens (dairy, too much gluten, smoke), he shouldn't drink too much alcohol, and most importantly, no doggies in the bed ever, change the sheets at least once a week (dust gets in them), and vaccuum a few times a week. When we d these things it is manageable!

He has not believed me at times that this really bothers me, but I made him read this thread and the the threat of sleeping in separate beds has made him realize how major this is! He is a snuggler and would hate to sleep separately.

So thanks for starting this thread!!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Hey DD and everyone,

I actually filmed him snoring w/ our infrared thingy on the camcorder.

The segment looks like "Blair Witch Project" where you see me creeping up the stairs, turning the door knob (snoring sounds increase)
and then there he is ............ the snorer!

I filmed him like for 10 mins. snoring, snoring, grunting, sputtering, snoring.

At that time we had the baby in the room and I caught her waking up from his snoring on film!

I did feel a bit vindicated after showing the entire clip as he has always denied his snoring.

I need a CPAP ASAP!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I''m the snorer in the family and DH has been wearing earplugs since we married. Nose strips didn''t help. Sprays didn''t work. Poking me didn''t help, kicking me didn''t help... I''d just roll over and start snoring again! Position totally didn''t matter to my snoring. Heck, even my trying to stay awake so he can fall asleep first didn''t work since I apparently snore while awake!!
23.gif

His ears started to bleed from the constant earplugs and I finally went to a sleep clinic. Voila, I have sleep apnea! One Cpap later and no snoring at all! I feel fantastic, and DH can finally sleep without earplugs. It''s well worth trying just for the snoring. It''s really the only thing that cures snoring.
I just don''t get how some doctors can say that just because your sleep apnea is not severe enough to impact your health then you don''t need cpap. Your mental health and your spouse''s mental health is just as important! Any doctor can write a prescription for a cpap and you can get them online.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2008 3:03:24 PM
Author: turtledazzle
My husband doesn''t snore too badly, but I can be a light sleeper so I get a much better sleep when I wear earplugs (we also live in an urban area, so the plugs help me avoid the noise -- I started wearing them because the stupid starlings in our area were getting confused by streetlights and would start chirping at 4am). Any way, I absolutely love earplugs. My ears are small, and I find the foam plugs very uncomfortable. The Mack Silicone earplugs are my best friend! I use them every night, but I still wake up when my alarm goes off and usually wake up if my husband talks to me. I highly recommend them -- I find them at Walgreens.
I tried those out and I must say they are MARVELLOUS! I recommend these for sure!

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2008 11:25:10 AM
Author: Lorelei

I tried those out and I must say they are MARVELLOUS! I recommend these for sure!
Glad you like them, Lorelei! I do seriously love those things. Sometimes I get a little panicky worrying that one day I won''t be able to find them or they''ll get discontinued or something, so I''ll buy a few boxes at a time when I find them ...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/13/2008 12:38:01 PM

Glad you like them, Lorelei! I do seriously love those things. Sometimes I get a little panicky worrying that one day I won''t be able to find them or they''ll get discontinued or something, so I''ll buy a few boxes at a time when I find them ...
Heehee! I can''t get the normal earplugs to stay put, so these are wonderful! I will be stocking up too, the Hubby is even back in bed now!

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2008 12:51:02 PM

Date: 5/13/2008 12:38:01 PM

Heehee! I can''t get the normal earplugs to stay put, so these are wonderful! I will be stocking up too, the Hubby is even back in bed now!
Awww, glad to get your hubby back in bed
31.gif

My ears must be abnormally small or something, but I could never get the foam ones to stick in either (and on the rare occassion they did, my ears were always sore). Silicone earplugs -- yay!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results