shape
carat
color
clarity

SNEAK PEAK of "Lady J" from JBEG

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
This is a sneak peak of "Lady J" (temporary name) for my new stone from JBEG. Erica classified her as a "tranny" of sorts, not quite a OEC and not quite a RB.

She's a BIG girl, over 2.5cts! VS2, J color. :lickout:

Thinking of setting her in the Julia (JBEG signature setting).

What does everyone think?

lady_j_1.jpg

lady_j_2.jpg

lady_j_3.jpg

lady_j_4.jpg

justginger

Ideal_Rock
She's beautiful! I agree with Erica - she must be a trannie because I don't know what else I'd call her. :wink2: I think you'll be thrilled with her, and the Julia setting is just lovely.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooooh, beautiful!!!!! :love: I love her and think she would look gorgeous in a Julia setting!!! :appl: Love the faceting and the crispness and she faces up so white!!! Great job!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Re: SNEAK PEAK of "Lady J" from JBEG

Yay! I was curious what your new stone was gonna be!

The Julia is an amazing amazing setting! Looooove it!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Re: SNEAK PEAK of

YT|1361067466|3382058 said:
Yay! I was curious what your new stone was gonna be!

The Julia is an amazing amazing setting! Looooove it!

Haha, I was looking for a true OEC (and only OEC's). The funny thing is, the original stone I was interested in sold... and I was crushed. The very same day Erica sent me an e-mail saying this one "might" be available. I almost didn't even look at it since she classified it as a tranny, but so glad I clicked the link. My husband loved it too, and he rarely has an opinion unless I force him. :bigsmile: Today Erica confirmed the stone was available and mine for the taking! :naughty:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!! And I love the Julia, I think it's an excellent choice!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
As for the Julia setting, I'm thinking of the "modified" version - 6 prongs and no pave. Hubby can have the final say... well maybe. ;))

julia_1.jpg

julia_2.jpg

julia_3.jpg

julia_4.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

two_little_birds said:
As for the Julia setting, I'm thinking of the "modified" version - 6 prongs and no pave. Hubby can have the final say... well maybe. ;))
6 prongs! Love! No pave! Even better!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both versions are beautiful, but I prefer the modified myself!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

ADORE that stone. It actually might be an old cut, just of a slightly different sort ... In Al Gilbertson's book, _American Cut_, he talks about possible variations and mentions one that's like the opposite of a traditional transitional, where the pavilion of an old cut loves the crown of an MRB very very much - high crown, small table, long LGFs. Look a lot like what you've got there, and I LOVE it, because it has the same look (and stats!) as mine! I cannot wait to see it in that setting. Congratulations on bringing that beauty into your life! I know you're going to enjoy her.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
WOW - huge and very pretty. I like the setting you posted too. Very classy! Can't wait to see it all finished!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular!!! Just beautiful!!! WOW!!! :love: :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone, congrats!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful. I think it would look great in the 6 prong. :appl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That's a beautiful facet pattern!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Re: SNEAK PEAK of

Circe|1361069314|3382082 said:
ADORE that stone. It actually might be an old cut, just of a slightly different sort ... In Al Gilbertson's book, _American Cut_, he talks about possible variations and mentions one that's like the opposite of a traditional transitional, where the pavilion of an old cut loves the crown of an MRB very very much - high crown, small table, long LGFs. Look a lot like what you've got there, and I LOVE it, because it has the same look (and stats!) as mine! I cannot wait to see it in that setting. Congratulations on bringing that beauty into your life! I know you're going to enjoy her.

Thanks Circe, the more I learn about antique cuts the more I love them. There's something about them that just "speaks to me", and I love the mystery about them. Now if only they could talk... :wink2:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
***GASP!!!***

OMG!! two little birds - that is one helluva stone you've chosen!!! WOW!!! LAdy J is gorgeous!! and I totally adore the Julia setting - I hope your DH agrees to it ,because it is AWESOME!!

Oh --- just OH!!! I'm loving your choice!! :appl: :love: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh, nice choice!!! :love: You surely are going polar opposite from a princess cut! But good for you for getting what you love! :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is soooooo purty! And she is such a sparkly show off - she'll look great in the Julia setting too.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful!!!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
This is EGL J right?

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
I love her too...lovely and icy white J...she's definitely blingtastic!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning stone! I think it will look amazing in that setting! :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lady J is gorgeous! Great choice!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
So it's final, we are going with the modified 6-prong Julia setting :appl:

Erica said it takes about a week for the CAD's and then about 3 weeks for production. OMG so excited! :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perfect!! Very excited for you! I hope the time passes quickly and soon enough, lady J will be on your lovely finger!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oooh!!!! I am gonna be impatiently waiting for the day you get your ring and post your beauty!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results